Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bernie Sanders Tells Union Worker: “I’d ‘Absolutely’ Take Away Your Health Care Plan”

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,353
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    That idiot is toast. We can only hope that Warren takes his place as the front runner.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,889
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,871
    And your guns so you can't do anything about what I take away!

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I enjoy that the people most against Medicare For All have literally no clue what it even means.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I enjoy that the people most against Medicare For All have literally no clue what it even means.

Appears many of the people pushing it aren't sure what it means:

The Democratic senator from California is hardly alone. The idea of Medicare-for-all — a unified government health program that would take over the basic function of private insurance — became a liberal litmus test at the outset of the presidential campaign, distinguishing Democratic contenders who cast themselves as bold visionaries from more moderate pragmatists.

But in recent months, amid polling that shows concern among voters about ending private insurance, several of the Democratic hopefuls have shifted their positions or their tone, moderating full-throated endorsement of Medicare-for-all and adopting ideas for allowing private insurance in some form. …

This unmistakable, if sometimes subtle, shift in tone stems in part from Democrats’ fear of giving away a newfound advantage over Republicans on health care.

After the Affordable Care Act passed in 2010, Republicans scored major political victories by vowing to repeal the initially unpopular law. But when the GOP seized control of Washington under President Trump and tried to follow through on those promises, they faced a powerful backlash from voters who’d come to rely on the ACA.

Now some Democrats warn of the perils for their party in taking a position that, to important groups of voters, could seem just as disruptive as the GOP’s push to kill the ACA.

They were BIG supporters of it until the found it that it polled for shit once people found out what it actually entailed.

• Options

I enjoy how people for it think it's free and have no clue how to pay for it.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    Sledog said:

I enjoy how people that are against it think the only way they can get sort of adequate health care for some is to continue to run their health care decisions and pay huge sums of money to huge corporations earning more then 30 billion a year in profit.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

Sledog said:

I enjoy how people that are against it think the only way they can get sort of adequate health care for some is to continue to run their health care decisions and pay huge sums of money to huge corporations earning more then 30 billion a year in profit.
    I enjoy watching dipshits fuck strawman ass as they torture beyond all recognition the analogy they were trying make.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,353
    Sledog said:

The democrat voter just knows that someone else is going to be paying for their free healthcare.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

The democrat voter just knows that someone else is going to be paying for their free healthcare.
    Of the people that support Medicare for all that's their biggest motivation. "Free" shit. And as you saw with the poll numbers even the parasites who what more "free" shit from the government once they found out it wasn't going to be "free" their support disappeared and that's why Harris is no longer talking about Medicare for All
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,477
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had great health insurance until Obama fixed it

Why do you keep trying to tell people water isn't wet? We lived through the lying fuck's administration
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Of the people that support Medicare for all that's their biggest motivation. "Free" shit. And as you saw with the poll numbers even the parasites who what more "free" shit from the government once they found out it wasn't going to be "free" their support disappeared and that's why Harris is no longer talking about Medicare for All
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Gosh Hondo, why are you showing me a poll from last year? As soon as people found out that the "costs" were going to include an increase in taxes and the loss of their private insurance support for it fucking cratered.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Gosh Hondo, why are you showing me a poll from last year? As soon as people found out that the "costs" were going to include an increase in taxes and the loss of their private insurance support for it fucking cratered.

Link?
  • Options
    In 2017 Americans spent 3.5 trillion on healthcare. If M4A comes in at 3 trill a year over the next 10 years that's some nice savings then over what we currently have.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Sledog said:

And your guns so you can't do anything about what I take away!

I probably hate this fake tough guy 'working man' schmoe more than any other dim candidate. He's about as fake and pathetic as Beta, Krapala and Pocahontas.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Link?
    Gofuckyourself.com
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,514
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    GDS said:

In 2017 Americans spent 3.5 trillion on healthcare. If M4A comes in at 3 trill a year over the next 10 years that's some nice savings then over what we currently have.

Do you seriously think that the government taking over anything is going to lower the cost?

Please site one example where this has happened.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    GDS said:

Sledog said:

I also really enjoy lazy fucks who just want someone else to pay for them.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Sledog said:

GDS said:

Sledog said:

I also really enjoy lazy fucks who just want someone else to pay fit them.
    Are you referring to people receiving a public employee pension?