Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scrimmage

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2019

Ballz said:

Member like two days ago when I was bitching about our starting receivers and saying Aaron Fuller is still a JAG and not nearly good enough to be our #1 receiver if we want to beat anybody good...Um yeah so, fuck off. Chico is the only Senior WR I like because he's explosive and tough. The rest are fucking soft JAGs. I can't watch this shit again. Just rip off the band-aid and start Osborne and Nacua on the outside. At least we know those two aren't fucking pussies, will block motherfuckers for the RB's and slot guys, and have the talent and upside to be really good with more experience.

I called Rich Newton becoming the #2 RB at some point this season. That's looking good right now. He and Salvon look the part. Thunder and lightening if you will.

Offensively we just need to run the fuck out of the ball, throw to the tight ends and slot receivers for easy, high percentage completions, and take shots off of play action down the field to the young receivers with fucking speed and talent. I think we might see some more 2-back sets and triple option type stuff. If we can fake the inside hand off to Newton and defenses bite on it and then pitch out to Salvon who is scary on the outside it could be very effective. The only way this could actually be a close QB competition is if a triple option element to the offense is going to be a significant part of the offense and Haener's mobility advantage over Eason is keeping him in the race. Other than that, it's not even close between the two in terms of passing ability.

I told you guys Myles Rice is gonna do something this season. The light has turned on for him and he'll be back next season too.

Latu is a man amongst boys in his class. Member when I said he's gonna grow into a D-lineman at UW that can play all over the line? I compared him to Leonard Williams back then. I'll take it a step further now. Two years from now he's gonna look like JJ Watt.

RPO's out of a two back set with a zone read + swing behind is the closest you'll see to a triple option. Or go 11 personnel with Chico in the slot in trips running a bubble along with the inside zone read. Those are essentially triple option plays but utilizing space and minimizing hits on the QB.

We did a lot of that stuff last year but with Fuller and Baccellia as the slot guy. Chico, Trey Lowe, and even Salvon are all way better options for that. Get those guys the ball in space with a chance to make a guy miss.

RPO's actually make a ton of sense numbers wise. It will get to the point, especially in the NFL, where every run play is an RPO; there's really no reason not to. EXCEPT, in college football when you have an absolute horse like Myles Gaskin. If your guy is that good you get him the ball even when the numbers dictate you pass, especially when your quarterback is Jake Browning.

My guess is a lot of the time (Rose Bowl is a great example,) the playcall was to get Gaskin the ball, but the play was built as an RPO because, again, hypothetically no downside. Instead of letting MMFG do his thing, Browning was over-eager to pull it out and throw the bubble/quick hitch/whatever because the numbers dictated it or he's just a hero-ball douchebag.

We should have better personnel to execute the same concepts they were using last year, and results will follow.
    FUCKING THIS. RPOs RPOs RPOs. Eason will be able to hit them consistently.

It fucks with the backers so much it’s easy money.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Ballz said:

Member like two days ago when I was bitching about our starting receivers and saying Aaron Fuller is still a JAG and not nearly good enough to be our #1 receiver if we want to beat anybody good...Um yeah so, fuck off. Chico is the only Senior WR I like because he's explosive and tough. The rest are fucking soft JAGs. I can't watch this shit again. Just rip off the band-aid and start Osborne and Nacua on the outside. At least we know those two aren't fucking pussies, will block motherfuckers for the RB's and slot guys, and have the talent and upside to be really good with more experience.

I called Rich Newton becoming the #2 RB at some point this season. That's looking good right now. He and Salvon look the part. Thunder and lightening if you will.

Offensively we just need to run the fuck out of the ball, throw to the tight ends and slot receivers for easy, high percentage completions, and take shots off of play action down the field to the young receivers with fucking speed and talent. I think we might see some more 2-back sets and triple option type stuff. If we can fake the inside hand off to Newton and defenses bite on it and then pitch out to Salvon who is scary on the outside it could be very effective. The only way this could actually be a close QB competition is if a triple option element to the offense is going to be a significant part of the offense and Haener's mobility advantage over Eason is keeping him in the race. Other than that, it's not even close between the two in terms of passing ability.

I told you guys Myles Rice is gonna do something this season. The light has turned on for him and he'll be back next season too.

Latu is a man amongst boys in his class. Member when I said he's gonna grow into a D-lineman at UW that can play all over the line? I compared him to Leonard Williams back then. I'll take it a step further now. Two years from now he's gonna look like JJ Watt.

Literally everybody was on those WR and Latu trains.

Dick isn’t gonna be the #2 and now you are backing off your specific Rice predictions.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

Newton looks the part physically. Nice burst, as well.

Choate weaps.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

This sounds like I’m making excuses but Eason holds the ball because the majority of the time nothing is there. The WRs can’t get any seperation against our DBs because he’s playing with the majority of the time Fuller, Pounds, and the Oprea Singer. Dom, Kyler, Keith, and Elijah took their souls yesterday lol.

Looked exactly like that at spring game. DB's (didn't matter who it was of top 10) had no concern wr they were lined up against on other side could get open.
    Our DBs are alphas
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Ballz said:

Dick isn’t gonna be the #2 and now you are backing off your specific Rice predictions.
    Dick will be #2 before the season is over. I didn't back off of anything. I said Rice is going to be in the 2-deeps and play a lot of reps for us and make some plays. Never said he was going to be all-world. He's good and he'll make some plays. He'll be a backup rotational guy but still an upgrade over guys like Psalm and Tevis.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    :D
    Ballz said:

Ballz said:

Dick will be #2 before the season is over. I didn't back off of anything. I said Rice is going to be in the 2-deeps and play a lot of reps for us and make some plays. Never said he was going to be all-world. He's good and he'll make some plays. He'll be a backup rotational guy but still an upgrade over guys like Psalm and Tevis.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Is it too late to beg Yankoff to come back?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,548
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Is it too late to beg Yankoff to come back?

yes
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    bummer for Clark. This was his year to get some real playing time. If he were able to get a medical redshirt, he would be behind quite a few guys next year. Bad break for him
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    That sucks I thought for Calvert was going to play this year. Hopefully Ethan notices the world class care and support that Josh is sure to receive.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Shitty for Clark. Great for the RS and True Frosh. They’ll get thrown in the fire and come out well.

Really shitty for Calvert and the LB room. That kid is a fucking stud.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hurts our chances with Ethan Calvert too. Not seeing his brother on the field in purple makes him that much less invested before SC hires their new coach.