Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Scrimmage

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TTJ said:

Hunter is hurt, my dudes.

to what level of freaking out for us?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Member like two days ago when I was bitching about our starting receivers and saying Aaron Fuller is still a JAG and not nearly good enough to be our #1 receiver if we want to beat anybody good...Um yeah so, fuck off. Chico is the only Senior WR I like because he's explosive and tough. The rest are fucking soft JAGs. I can't watch this shit again. Just rip off the band-aid and start Osborne and Nacua on the outside. At least we know those two aren't fucking pussies, will block motherfuckers for the RB's and slot guys, and have the talent and upside to be really good with more experience.

I called Rich Newton becoming the #2 RB at some point this season. That's looking good right now. He and Salvon look the part. Thunder and lightening if you will.

Offensively we just need to run the fuck out of the ball, throw to the tight ends and slot receivers for easy, high percentage completions, and take shots off of play action down the field to the young receivers with fucking speed and talent. I think we might see some more 2-back sets and triple option type stuff. If we can fake the inside hand off to Newton and defenses bite on it and then pitch out to Salvon who is scary on the outside it could be very effective. The only way this could actually be a close QB competition is if a triple option element to the offense is going to be a significant part of the offense and Haener's mobility advantage over Eason is keeping him in the race. Other than that, it's not even close between the two in terms of passing ability.

I told you guys Myles Rice is gonna do something this season. The light has turned on for him and he'll be back next season too.

Latu is a man amongst boys in his class. Member when I said he's gonna grow into a D-lineman at UW that can play all over the line? I compared him to Leonard Williams back then. I'll take it a step further now. Two years from now he's gonna look like JJ Watt.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Ballz said:

RealRhino said:

I think at some point soon we are just going to have to admit to ourselves that Eason is not as good as we hoped he would be. Holds the ball too long, doesn’t seem to have a natural feel for the defense. Reminds me of Josh Allen, where if you just put a highlight reel of his 15 best throws they would be better than anyone in the country, but if you put the whole tape on you see the flaws.

But the threat of the deep ball might be enough. Playoff talk is crazy, though. Maybe if Tedford were still “consulting “

I think it's time to admit our starting receivers fucking suck because they're not talented enough to get open against our secondary and most of them are soft. QB's hold onto the ball when nobody is fucking open. It's good news Eason would rather take a sack than throw an interception. If Browning held onto the ball and now Eason is holding onto the ball, it's because of the fucking receivers. Fuller, Baccellia, and Pounds need to take a seat. Ty Jones needs to be used as a situational target in the red zone and on third and long when we just need to throw it up to somebody. Osborne and Nacua need to be the starters on the outside with Bynum mixed in for deep routes. Hunter, Chico, and Lowe in the slot. We can build something off of those guys that could be competitive in a Rose Bowl at the end of the season. But they need experience and confidence and that only comes with significant playing time on Saturdays.
    my evaluation of Fuller, Baccellia, and Pounds is that all of them have pretty good hands (or at least they did, for the most part before camp reports this year) but all of them aren't fast enough, physical enough, or tall enough against good secondaries to make a difference. All 3 of them rely on absolutely perfect passes or a breakdown in coverage. When coverage is good or the throw isn't an absolute bulls eye then our passing game is nullified. For example, the catch by Hunter Bryant in the Rose Bowl was an example of a non-bullseye throw that was good enough coupled with a guy being physical enough to keep his position.

I feel the WR position is very well set up for success going forward, but unfortunately this year may be the year when either the young WRs aren't quite ready for prime time or Pete's loyalty to older guys means we don't quite have the passing game we really need. We'll see.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Give our receivers some more tim.

Remember, they've suffered under 18+ years of brownsocks.

They've had to:
    - play football in a phonebooth
    - learned to double back and not stretch field
    - watch out for their quarterback running backwards in a squiggly line only to take a 35 yard sack or they are looking for the weak out of bounds pass that they have to protect from being intercepted

In other words "PTSD" - it takes tim to recover.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RealRhino said:

I think at some point soon we are just going to have to admit to ourselves that Eason is not as good as we hoped he would be. Holds the ball too long, doesn’t seem to have a natural feel for the defense. Reminds me of Josh Allen, where if you just put a highlight reel of his 15 best throws they would be better than anyone in the country, but if you put the whole tape on you see the flaws.

But the threat of the deep ball might be enough. Playoff talk is crazy, though. Maybe if Tedford were still “consulting “

I totally agree on the top 15 throws thing. I've thought about that for a while. His highlights from Georgia are incredible. (Remembering Browning's highlights from 16, every spectacular TD was underthrown.) But his stats overall that year were unimpressive. Hopefully Pete can minimize the shit. And if he can perform at the end of the game, then it's a win. Brett Favre did a lot of stupid shit too but when it came to the end of the game, he usually killed it.

Totally agree on tedford too. Wish we could get another offensive consultant in. Hell I'd even take Sark in that role. Just someone else to watch film and provide feedback from the booth on the offense. He can even pick his nose from the booth if he helps us win.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    :D
    Ballz said:

RealRhino said:

I think it's time to admit our starting receivers fucking suck because they're not talented enough to get open against our secondary and most of them are soft. QB's hold onto the ball when nobody is fucking open. It's good news Eason would rather take a sack than throw an interception. If Browning held onto the ball and now Eason is holding onto the ball, it's because of the fucking receivers. Fuller, Baccellia, and Pounds need to take a seat. Ty Jones needs to be used as a situational target in the red zone and on third and long when we just need to throw it up to somebody. Osborne and Nacua need to be the starters on the outside with Bynum mixed in for deep routes. Hunter, Chico, and Lowe in the slot. We can build something off of those guys that could be competitive in a Rose Bowl at the end of the season. But they need experience and confidence and that only comes with significant playing time on Saturdays.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Shit man the season really is already over for y'all

At least we don't have to start a true Freshman at QB...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    FirePete said:

@Dennis_DeYoung and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi hated newton. Now I think he will be all conference

Not everybody hated Newton
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Ballz said:

Shit man the season really is already over for y'all

At least we don't have to start a true Freshman at QB...
    If Browning can do it anyone can

Meet me at the 711 when I come up there for our game
  • Options
    SanchoSancho Member Posts: 249
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Hunter was suited up but on sideline; looked to be fine.

Eason looked solid and will be the starter. Haener threw some nice balls too but also threw a couple terrible balls. He's a turnover waiting to happen. Sirmon to Chin was the combo of the day....

Puka looked explosive and is going to be a playmaker.

The overall size increase of the OL & DL is apparent. Some serious girthy mfers!

Did any one else notice Levi favoring a knee and Ngata shaking his arm between snaps?

Nagta was a little gimpy after a big hit seemed fine
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    DL depth is becoming a bigger concern with the Clark injury coupled with the dismissal of Mosiah. I think Tui and Bandes will have to play this year.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

RealRhino said:

Too early...

I hate LIPO, it’s one of those cliche terms that makes me want to cut people.

But LIPO.
    Just when I was starting to like you, you go and say something dumb. LIPO is one of the greatest things ever!
    If you’re referring to LIPO suction for over weight women, then yes, greatest things ever.

Can I buy your love with a Costco size tub of nacho cheese?