Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott

13»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

To be fair that was the game winning throw

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I can't help but notice Ty Jones running free on the deep corner.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

KJR was among the first in the nation to copy the Mike and Mad Dog show and go all sports like WFAN in the very early 90's

One of their first hosts was Keith Shipman who worked at channel 13. He was soft spoken and Seattle nice which is exactly what you don't want. Then we got the Fabulous Sports Babe who loved the Canes more than @creepycoug during the 1991 season. I forget the lead guy but Jeff the Fisherman was his sidekick and he lasted through early Mitch in the Morning.

And who can forget the two fat fucking idiots in afternoon drive. Typologists to the max. That was the end for me with local sports radio

I dooged out to the honks when they started but they too were victims of Ty

Even Mitch would bring on Beano Cook once a week which was fun but Beano also sucked Ty off.

I blame Ty

There was a New York Vinnie in there somewhere.

Early Mitch was the best. Great radio.

There was a national show with John Kiley and Chuck Booms that was fucking awesome but they broke all the radio riles and Booms was too edgy so they took them off.

Groz and Gas can go slide under a gas truck. Hate those clowns.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,502
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

One retarded moment in time does not define an entire life.

Though I know everyone here will disagree with me.
    Youre absolutely right.

Eason is still far and away the best option
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

KJR was among the first in the nation to copy the Mike and Mad Dog show and go all sports like WFAN in the very early 90's

One of their first hosts was Keith Shipman who worked at channel 13. He was soft spoken and Seattle nice which is exactly what you don't want. Then we got the Fabulous Sports Babe who loved the Canes more than @creepycoug during the 1991 season. I forget the lead guy but Jeff the Fisherman was his sidekick and he lasted through early Mitch in the Morning.

And who can forget the two fat fucking idiots in afternoon drive. Typologists to the max. That was the end for me with local sports radio

Even Mitch would bring on Beano Cook once a week which was fun but Beano also sucked Ty off.

I blame Ty

There was a national show with John Kiley and Chuck Booms that was fucking awesome but they broke all the radio riles and Booms was too edgy so they took them off.

Kiley and Booms were incredible. Chuck was the comedian, and they were in different studio but several times a day, you'd have dead air (big no no) because they were both laughing so hard off mic at something that was said.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    TommySQC said:

I blame Ty

I didn't know New York Vinnie was on KJR. I remember he was on 710 Kiro for the longest time. What happened to that dude anyway.
  • Options
    OneNippleOneNipple Member Posts: 179
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Just said he is “hearing” Haener has looked better in practice than Eason.

Get off my guy....when you know, you know?! Quit hating that you dont have the sources that Gee does!!! Obviously he can evaluate talent. Haters!
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    godawgst said:

TommySQC said:

I blame Ty

Kiley and Booms were incredible. Chuck was the comedian, and they were in different studio but several times a day, you'd have dead air (big no no) because they were both laughing so hard off mic at something that was said.
    Yes. Best sports radio I've ever heard. Not even close.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I blame Ty

The first crew of KJR guys was Shipman, Callabero and Bob Blackburn.

No love for The Gas Man, Groz or New York Vinnie?

Brian Wheeler was on their mid-day for awhile in the early 90s too.

• Options
    TheGhost206TheGhost206 Member Posts: 97
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes

I thank God every single day that the only connection to Seattle sports I have is UW Athletics. I would have sold the farm long ago if I had to tune into the massive group of faggots that talk sports in Seattle.

An insufferable shitbag group of men for a largely insufferable shitbag fanbase. Match made in heaven.

Also, @GeeScottDawg please suck my ass you dumb bitch.

You mean to tell me you don't look forward to Jason Puckett reminding us on a daily basis that he OWNS a home in Ballard?