Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I guess the 2024 Olympics wont be running track there

77k is smart. Only Notre Dame sells it out anymore
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I guess the 2024 Olympics wont be running track there

77k is smart. Only Notre Dame sells it out anymore

No. They are using it for track still in 2024. Basically raising the level temporarily. I’ll post a rendering tomorrow.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
    Founders Club
    LOL... Grundle doing the Lord's work on HH Twitter
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    Does Chip or Joanna get most of the credit on this makeover?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    South Central has the best views of downtown.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    WIll they still seat the Crips and the Bloods in different sections?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

that is true, but the funny part is there might be 1,000 people total who will ever be able to afford to use those elite view deck bar seats. LOL. The other 76,000 fans will still enter and exit through the decaying peristyles they always have while a handful of elite will get to marvel at the new shiny marble lobby while sipping merlots that drink like cabs with a view of the city.
  • Options
    Meek said:

that is true, but the funny part is there might be 1,000 people total who will ever be able to afford to use those elite view deck bar seats. LOL. The other 76,000 fans will still enter and exit through the decaying peristyles they always have while a handful of elite will get to marvel at the new shiny marble lobby while sipping merlots that drink like cabs with a view of the city.
    Well, ain't that America for you and me......

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019

Meek said:

Take it to the old man music bored
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

We've done some projects in Leimert Park which was called the Black Beverly Hills on Blackish and down by Hawthorne and Inglewood. Gentrification is coming

Beautiful areas close to town

And a new football stadium and basketball arena
  • Options

Meek said:

Take it to the old man music bored

Jelly of John Cougar. Wood still bang botoxed up Meg Ryan. Yeah, and there's some hagged out pics of her floating around. She went under the knife and cleaned all that shit up.

• Options
    edited August 2019

Meek said:

We've done some projects in Leimert Park which was called the Black Beverly Hills on Blackish and down by Hawthorne and Inglewood. Gentrification is coming

sounds like a good time to buy at Florence and Normandie
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Meek said:

sounds like a good time to buy at Florence and Normandie
    House Hunters had a white couple looking south of the 10. AKA the Rosa Parks Freeway because Rosa wouldn't have been allowed north of the 10

The savvy investor uses all resources

There is a tremendous amount of SFR stock south of the 10 ready to be remodeled
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    I'm not a wine guy but I still don't understand what "merlot drinks like a cab" really tries to infer.

Obviously it's whichever dawgman guy trying to sound edumacated beyond his limits and ending up sounding like a total fucking idiot ...

But seriously, is a Cabernet supposed to be better drinking than a Merlot? Or is this fucking stupid right from the get go?

• Options
    animate said:

I'm not a wine guy but I still don't understand what "merlot drinks like a cab" really tries to infer.

Obviously it's whichever dawgman guy trying to sound edumacated beyond his limits and ending up sounding like a total fucking idiot ...

But seriously, is a Cabernet supposed to be better drinking than a Merlot? Or is this fucking stupid right from the get go?

what he tries to infer is that his palette is so refined he can drink A and tell you why it has tonal qualities of B. The reality is when you actually think a merlot drinks like a cab you are saying that pretty much anything in a glass works. It's like when I'd go to 7-11 as a kid and make a Big Gulp from some of everything - we called it Swamp Water but I guess we could have said it was a Mr. Pibb that drinks like a Bubble Up.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    animate said:

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    I just prefer Pepsi over Coke ... i'm a simpleton that way.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Meek said:

animate said:

what he tries to infer is that his palette is so refined he can drink A and tell you why it has tonal qualities of B. The reality is when you actually think a merlot drinks like a cab you are saying that pretty much anything in a glass works. It's like when I'd go to 7-11 as a kid and make a Big Gulp from some of everything - we called it Swamp Water but I guess we could have said it was a Mr. Pibb that drinks like a Bubble Up.
    We called it a suicide.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

Meek said:

animate said:

We called it a suicide.
    That’s some dark shit man.

We called it a “graveyard.”