Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

What is the most you can say about the Calvert injury?

He probably red shirts
    So no surgery?!!!
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He probably red shirts
    So no surgery?!!!
    All I can say
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

He probably red shirts
    So no surgery?!!!
    All I can say
    On the same note... any idea what the plan is for Tui’s pec injury?
  • Options
    I am sure it will come out later but would you have dismissed Mosiah Nasili-Kite?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Did we ever have a shot with Fozzy, or was his heart set on Stanford from the get go
  • Options
    Is the report from Roof about Eason giving a 2 year commitment to the staff accurate? I don't see it personally.
  • Options
    Again it's early but you think we finish with a top 10 class in 2021?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019

Few questions

What happened with Trey Paster? Did we legitimately lose him to Cal or did we have Smith higher on our board?

Did we cool on Herbig and Johnny Wilson or did they tell us no?

Going back to last year, did we have Taj Davis higher on our board than Pittman and Delgado?

We wanted Trey but couldn't get him on campus. Gerald Alexander is a great coach and he beat Jimmy on that one. Herbig and Wilson both told us no. No we didn't have Taj rated higher, Lubick missed played it.
    Thanks.

@StrongArmCobra
    I disagree. Sometimes recruits know when they're being slow played by UW and move on to schools that have them as a top priority. That's not saying "no" from the jump. It's just not waiting around for UW to put the full court press on. UW was Wilson's early favorite and he wanted to visit and it never happened. He was offered by Lubick. Junior Adams doesn't want him and never did. Bob Gregory misjudging Herbig's interest in Wisconsin and not recruiting him with enough urgency wouldn't be surprising. But they clearly passed on Delgado and and slow played Pittman in favor of Kennedy Lewis and that caused him to pull back. I appreciate Sonics info, but not all of it is 100% accurate.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811

Again it's early but you think we finish with a top 10 class in 2021?

Right now I say we have a good chance.
    You're like the recruiting board's magic 8 ball

I like it
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Few questions

What happened with Trey Paster? Did we legitimately lose him to Cal or did we have Smith higher on our board?

Going back to last year, did we have Taj Davis higher on our board than Pittman and Delgado?

We wanted Trey but couldn't get him on campus. Gerald Alexander is a great coach and he beat Jimmy on that one. Herbig and Wilson both told us no. No we didn't have Taj rated higher, Lubick missed played it.
    Thanks.

@StrongArmCobra
    I disagree. Sometimes recruits know when they're being slow played by UW and move on to schools that have them as a top priority. That's not saying "no" from the jump. It's just not waiting around for UW to put the full court press on. UW was Wilson's early favorite and he wanted to visit and it never happened. Same with Herbig. Although Bob Gregory misjudging Herbig's interest in Wisconsin and not recruiting him with enough urgency wouldn't be surprising. They clearly passed on Delgado and and slow played Pittman in favor of Kennedy Lewis and that caused him to pull back. I appreciate Sonics info, but not all of it is 100% accurate.
    Not true at all. Wilson told reporters he wanted to visit but he wouldn't anwser any UW calls or texts and trust me they tried to get him on campus. Same goes for Nick, they knew Wisconsin was the leader and tried everything for him to hold off but couldn't. Washington doesn't slow play top targets like Nick and Wilson. There whole recruiting strategy is based on efficiency, identify top targets that fit the program then recruit them hard. Why would they show no urgency to Nick and Johnny? We did slow play Delgado but only because Taj took his spot and Pittman thought OKG was "elitist" and stupid.
    They slow played Wilson because Jalen and Rome are better and Junior Adams wanted them more. Sure, I have no problem believing at some point Wilson felt he was not a plan A target for UW and stopped taking their calls. I'm sure Oregon told him exactly that. Back burner recruits do that sometimes when they realize they are on the back burner but it was no sweat of our backs. We got who we wanted.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Few questions

Thanks.

@StrongArmCobra
    I disagree. Sometimes recruits know when they're being slow played by UW and move on to schools that have them as a top priority. That's not saying "no" from the jump. It's just not waiting around for UW to put the full court press on. UW was Wilson's early favorite and he wanted to visit and it never happened. Same with Herbig. Although Bob Gregory misjudging Herbig's interest in Wisconsin and not recruiting him with enough urgency wouldn't be surprising. They clearly passed on Delgado and and slow played Pittman in favor of Kennedy Lewis and that caused him to pull back. I appreciate Sonics info, but not all of it is 100% accurate.
    Not true at all. Wilson told reporters he wanted to visit but he wouldn't anwser any UW calls or texts and trust me they tried to get him on campus. Same goes for Nick, they knew Wisconsin was the leader and tried everything for him to hold off but couldn't. Washington doesn't slow play top targets like Nick and Wilson. There whole recruiting strategy is based on efficiency, identify top targets that fit the program then recruit them hard. Why would they show no urgency to Nick and Johnny? We did slow play Delgado but only because Taj took his spot and Pittman thought OKG was "elitist" and stupid.
    They slow played Wilson because Jalen and Rome are better and Junior Adams wanted them more.
    Not true. Wilson was a top target, heck they would take all three if they could.
    No they wouldn't. Wilson was a wait and see guy. They wanted to see him play some games his Senior year. Wanted to see him play with more "edge" as Adams put it.