Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    guntlove said:

He's not the first "poster with sources" to be wrong and won't be the last. I'm still waiting for JTT to commit before the season. :D

You have no sources and you’re always wrong... so I’m gonna go with Sonics in this one.
    His "sources" contradict Roof and her sources. Roof is the most plugged in TBSer so I'll go with her on this one over one of the many "posters with sources".
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    guntlove said:

He's not the first "poster with sources" to be wrong and won't be the last. I'm still waiting for JTT to commit before the season. :D

You have no sources and you’re always wrong... so I’m gonna go with Sonics in this one.
    The voice of the people. Many blessings to you gunt.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

This would be in the running for best thread of all time just based on the fantastic info but this beat down of all BallzDeep's talking points makes it the undisputed best. thread. ever.

IMO, of course.

He may have a legit source or sources, but there was definitely some bullshit mixed in with the source info. First he says UW had Josh Delgado higher on the board than Taj Davis (LOL) and then he retracted that and said Davis took Delgado's spot and Delgado was indeed slow played. That wouldn't have happened if Taj Davis was lower on the board than Delgado was.

Then he says UW was originally looking to only take two WR's this class and that it got bumped to three. That makes sense, they took Sawyer as insurance not knowing at the time Junior Adams fucks and would get both Jalen and Rome who were both clearly prioritized over Wilson. That caused Wilson to be slow played and I'm sure Oregon was in his ear about that and that's why he stopped taking UW's calls. Sonic didn't get that info about Wilson not taking UW's calls from a UW source. He got it from posts by Oregon mods and so he mixes his own speculation based on what mods say just like all of us and tries to pass it off as source info when it's not and he was mistaken. Yes, I'm sure Wilson stopped taking UW's calls at some point, but it wasn't because he was a top target and wasn't interested. It was because he was VERY interested but didn't feel like a top priority for UW so he moved on. I respect that. Going where you're wanted and needed the most isn't a bad move to make.

I call bullshit out when I see it. His "UW doesn't slow play top guys" shit was total bullshit. They offer way more guys than they can take in any given class which means it is inevitable that some guys get slow played while they wait for their top targets to make their decisions. Highly rated guys have been slow played and passed on many times before. Even guys fans perceive as must take guys can and have been slow played and Johnny Wilson was one of them. If he doesn't know that then he's either not as plugged in as someone like Roof is or he's a shill for the staff and doesn't want that kind of info on the boards because the staff is still keeping their eye on Wilson his Senior year and as he said, recruits and parents read the boards.
    Not going to argue with you. Believe what you want to believe

• Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

guntlove said:

The voice of the people. Many blessings to you gunt.
    Right back at you, fren!

gunt.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    How would you rank these players in terms of most likely to least likely to leave early:

Eason
    Levi
    Taylor
    Hunter
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,455
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

How have Pete and Co adjusted their philosophy since the Alabama game?

By getting better talent. People act like UW realized they needed to get bigger on the line of scrimmage but Pete already knew that. Being able to get that talent was the issue but that playoff appearance really helped in recruiting.
    So it hasn't been about changing their strategy or messaging to kids, but more about showing that they're winning and able to make the playoffs?

That makes sense with your earlier answer about the perception of the Pac-12 holding us back with elite talent.
  • Options
    Can you provide an update on where we stand with DB recruiting for this cycle?

Covington: Seemed to be a UW lean but is now going to take visits.
    Hector: Been relatively quiet, Eklund recently said Stanford could be leading
    Esteen: UW lean for a while but still hasn't popped
    Jackson: Plan B guy?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

How would you rank these players in terms of most likely to least likely to leave early:

Eason
    Levi
    Taylor
    Hunter

From Least to Most
    - Levi
    - Eason
    - Taylor
    - Hunter
    Expect both Taylor and Hunter to leave, Levi and Eason could go either way.
    I like this
    That ranking is definitely in our best interest. We lose players where we most easily replace them.
  • Options
    As far as LB recruiting, Bruener/McDonald projected inside and Smalls/Banks projected outside? Any backup plans at OLB if we whiff on Smalls/Banks?