Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Can you provide an update on where we stand with DB recruiting for this cycle?

Covington: Seemed to be a UW lean but is now going to take visits.
    Hector: Been relatively quiet, Eklund recently said Stanford could be leading
    Esteen: UW lean for a while but still hasn't popped
    Jackson: Plan B guy?

3 spots left, surprised Esteen hasn't committed yet but still think he does so, Ayden down to us and Stanford and hard to say right now where he goes but I will trust Jimmy and say we get him and Covington I still expect to jump on board in late October/November. We would take jackson but he's leaning Cal.
    3 DB spots left?
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Can you provide an update on where we stand with DB recruiting for this cycle?

Covington: Seemed to be a UW lean but is now going to take visits.
    Hector: Been relatively quiet, Eklund recently said Stanford could be leading
    Esteen: UW lean for a while but still hasn't popped
    Jackson: Plan B guy?

3 spots left, surprised Esteen hasn't committed yet but still think he does so, Ayden down to us and Stanford and hard to say right now where he goes but I will trust Jimmy and say we get him and Covington I still expect to jump on board in late October/November. We would take jackson but he's leaning Cal.
    3 DB spots left?
    Yup
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019
    If Eason kills it then I expect him to move on. He'll thank everyone for the process but next man up and all that shit.

If he does okay then it's iffy and if he comes back for another year - that year will be exciting for me as a husky fan.

Talent reaching critical levels just needing seasoning... Oh yes.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

If Eason stays we will likely see both Haener and Sirmon sell their couches. We might need to take another QB in the 2021 class to add more depth behind Huard. Maybe Millen's second son will get a UW offer.

Hard to predict but it is a possibility. Haener would still be a year shy from being a grad transfer so you could tell him get your degree, compete again and if you don't get it then you can move on. Sirmon put his name in more for off the field stuff then on the field bit that guy is unpredictable. If they both transfer, I would expect a second QB but most likely from the JUCO rank to help even the class.
    We are seeing this offseason how grad transfers and the transfer portal have allowed programs more leeway in terms of depth and planning for the future especially at QB.

The extreme example is Florida State which didn't sign a QB in 2018 or 2019 and was down to just one scholarship QB this spring. Then Hornibrook (Wisconsin), Jordan Travis (Louisville), and Wyatt Rector (Western Michigan) all transferred in and suddenly they have a competition.

Petersen's meticulous roster management and strong program culture (that minimizes transfers) is still an advantage but less so in this environment since big name programs can just bail themselves out of a jam with grad transfers or hardship waivers.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think a lot of folks think Eason is gone if he is halfway decent and I was or am one of them. That's what everyone thought about Hebert and he was halfway decent (badda boom) and came back

If you go to the NFL you get paid but you also get thrown in a lot faster than you used to. You can wash out before your rookie deal is up. Two years as a starter could help.

Really don't blame him either way. Just hope he is good enough to be tempted

Or maybe UW is good enough he comes back to take his shot at winning a natty. Dare to doog.
    It's not going to happen
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think a lot of folks think Eason is gone if he is halfway decent and I was or am one of them. That's what everyone thought about Hebert and he was halfway decent (badda boom) and came back

If you go to the NFL you get paid but you also get thrown in a lot faster than you used to. You can wash out before your rookie deal is up. Two years as a starter could help.

Or maybe UW is good enough he comes back to take his shot at winning a natty. Dare to doog.
    Yeah this is what I'm hoping for. Of course I'd love to win it all this season but I don't think our roster is there yet to compete with Clemson/Bama. My ideal scenario would be to win the Rose Bowl this year, land a top 12 class, and then Eason comes back to go for the Natty in 2020. Our blue chip ratio should be close to 60% and a lot of our 4* will be redshirt/true sophs.

Doog it up!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm in
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

It's not going to happen
    The Sven vote is in