Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lets say i was going to make a Manhattan..

2»

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Always Rye unless you want it crazy sweet.

And I think High West double is a good choice.

Easily as important is your choice of vermouth. Remember - vermouth is wine and you've got ~18 hours from the time it opens until the time it's garbage.

Cocchi di Torino and my personal favorite Dolin Sweet are available in 375s.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Haven't bought vermouth in a few years. I just make my own. Don't give a fuck if anyone thinks that's gay. Often I even make out of cider or traditional mead (just honey and water) instead of wine. Anyway this way I can experiment and focus on flavors I prefer. Tend to aim for something semi-sweet since I generally prefer a "perfect" Manhattan anyway.
    Cheers--
  • StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 486
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    If you’re going to the trouble of a seafood soup, is not cioppino what you need to be making?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,652
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Easily as important is your choice of vermouth. Remember - vermouth is wine and you've got ~18 hours from the time it opens until the time it's garbage.

Just bought some of this last night. Haven't cracked it yet. It could be shit, it may be great. Mrs. Throbber liked the bottle.

If that leads to a handy, I'm fine with that selection criteria.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just bought some of this last night. Haven't cracked it yet. It could be shit, it may be great. Mrs. Throbber liked the bottle.

Funny enuff I PM’d Rape Dwag about their high rye content bourbon just the other day. Haven’t tried their straight rye.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,652
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019

Funny enuff I PM’d Rape Dwag about their high rye content bourbon just the other day. Haven’t tried their straight rye.

I have two Woodford Reserves - have sipped on the Malt Whiskey and it was tasty. Have been saving a bottle of a special collection of their rye for when Mrs. Throbber either wants to give multiple handys or isn't into handys any more.

Drink in the good times, drink in the bad times.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have two Woodford Reserves - have sipped on the Malt Whiskey and it was tasty. Have been saving a bottle of a special collection of their rye for when Mrs. Throbber either wants to give multiple handys or isn't into handys any more.

Drink in the good times, drink in the bad times.

‘‘Tis better to give handies than to receive.