Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Andrew Yang

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Yang/Tulsi ticket????????????

I would vote for them.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    dnc said:

jecornel said:

I would vote for them.
    What, in your mind, is the difference between Yang and Bernie or Warren? Yang is for M4A, UBI will cost more than every other program Bernie and Warren have put out combined.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,617
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

jecornel said:

I would vote for them.
    What, in your mind, is the difference between Yang and Bernie or Warren? Yang is for M4A, UBI will cost more than every other program Bernie and Warren have put out combined.
    Go to his website and do your research.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

jecornel said:

I would vote for them.
    For one thing I think Yang has approached this as a math problem not an issue of supposed "rights" or idealism. He has run the numbers and actually sees this helping the nation economically, not providing for one specific oppressed demographic or "economic justice". I'm not 100% convinced he's right but I'm much more inclined to try his concept because I am more optimistic it works mathematically and I think putting an end to (or at least a massive dent in) all the waste and corruption in the entitlements bureaucracies is a huge win.

Along the same lines I see him as non partisan and someone who would seek to unite not divide. He's not running on not being Trump, he's running on actual substance.

And I like Tulsi even better so its not just about him.

Right now Tulsi and Yang are the two democrats I'd consider voting for. Put them together and I'd definitely vote for them in either order.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

jecornel said:

I would vote for them.
    For one thing I think Yang has approached this as a math problem not an issue of supposed "rights" or idealism. He has run the numbers and actually sees this helping the nation economically, not providing for one specific oppressed demographic or "economic justice". I'm not 100% convinced he's right but I'm much more inclined to try his concept because I am more optimistic it works mathematically and I think putting an end to (or at least a massive dent in) all the waste and corruption in the entitlements bureaucracies is a huge win.

Along the same lines I see him as non partisan and someone who would seek to unite not divide. He's not running on not being Trump, he's running on actual substance.

And I like Tulsi even better so its not just about him.

Right now Tulsi and Yang are the two democrats I'd consider voting for. Put them together and I'd definitely vote for them in either order.
    I would vote for Tulsi right now if she let me touch the boobies. Yang and his wang, not so much. I'm kidding. I would.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Yang’s UBI is literally stealing from the poor to pay the middle class. Amazes me how many people seem to endorse it (and not just in a joking manor)...
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,070
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Yang’s UBI is literally stealing from the poor to pay the middle class. Amazes me how many people seem to endorse it (and not just in a joking manor)...

Free shit but people are too stupid or greedy to know or care where the money comes from. Where do they think we are going to come up with $327,200,000,000.00 A month?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    edited August 2019
    Sledog said:

Free shit but people are too stupid or greedy to know or care where the money comes from. Where do they think we are going to come up with $327,200,000,000.00 A month?
    you guys really need to start using google

https://www.yang2020.com/blog/ubi_faqs/pay-universal-basic-income/

• Options
    Standard Supporter

UBI is the hook like the wall

Would you rather have a wall or a thousand bucks a month?

No tie. Comfortable in in his own skin and an idea that separates him from the pack

It's why he's gaining traction. The lesson of Trump is not to he obnoxious and tweet too much it's to be who you are.

Most of the dems are the typical robots programmed to not say anything

Nailed it.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

So a metric fuckton of new taxes

Nailed it.
  • Options

Financial transaction tax is negligible, carbon tax will incentivize businesses to at least try, as we’ve said time after time VAT shouldn’t affect costs to a level that UBI cant offset and then some. Imo these are all on larger businesses that can shoulder them. Houston said its robbing from the lower class to help the middle, but the way I read it its using big business to generate rev for middle and lower class. Yangs entire platform and focus before this has been to stimulate SMBs and entrepreneurship in places other than the coasts.
  • Options

That disproportionately hit the poorest in society (VAT and inflation).
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Carbon tax is no deal

Fucks the working poor hard

And dry
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Financial transaction tax is negligible, carbon tax will incentivize businesses to at least try, as we’ve said time after time VAT shouldn’t affect costs to a level that UBI cant offset and then some. Imo these are all on larger businesses that can shoulder them. Houston said its robbing from the lower class to help the middle, but the way I read it its using big business to generate rev for middle and lower class. Yangs entire platform and focus before this has been to stimulate SMBs and entrepreneurship in places other than the coasts.
    VAT and carbon taxes are the most regressive type of taxes around. Add to that an injection of inflation for those services and you are literally robbing the poor to give to the rich. Especially since the last interview I saw with Yang he specifically said that current government benefits will be deducted from your $1,000/month (ie the poorest don’t get any more yet are now stuck paying VAT taxes).

It is literally stealing from the poor to give money to the middle class.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

That disproportionately hit the poorest in society (VAT and inflation).
    Inflation is real but VAT and carbon tax arent going to cost low income individuals $12,000 a year. Not sure why the 12 grand a year (per 18 year old citizen, not per household) coming back keeps getting ignored? Those taxes won’t be a drop in the bucket of the 24k my household would get.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

VAT and carbon taxes are the most regressive type of taxes around. Add to that an injection of inflation for those services and you are literally robbing the poor to give to the rich. Especially since the last interview I saw with Yang he specifically said that current government benefits will be deducted from your $1,000/month (ie the poorest don’t get any more yet are now stuck paying VAT taxes).

There is no middle class.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    jecornel said:

There is no middle class.
    It’s shrunk to ~50% of the population...must not exist anymore...