Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2019: Washington Has Joined The Elite

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TacoSoup said:

At risk of going to the Gulag...

This is extremely myopic and cynical even for Hardcore Husky

I don't understand two of these words. Asshole.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We really haven't beaten anyone. Good lord.

Correct. Most of the Blue Chips we have are underclassmen.

At the time of our losses to the big boys:

2016: 24th in Country in 5 Year Talent - 0 Five Stars - 21 Four Stars - 56 Three Stars - 8 Two Stars (or less) - 85.73 Average Composite Score - 21 Blue Chip

Lost to Bama in Peach Bowl - 1st in Country in 5 Year Talent - 17 Five Stars - 44 Four Stars - 20 Three Stars - 1 Two Star (or Less) - 92.72 Average Composite Score - 61 Blue Chip

2017: 24th in Country in 5 Year Talent - 0 Five Stars - 23 Four Stars - 55 Three Stars - 7 Two Stars (or less) - 85.98 Average Composite Score - 23 Blue Chip

Lost to PSU in Fiesta Bowl - 19th in Country in 5 Year Talent - 1 Five Star - 33 Four Stars - 48 Three Stars - 3 Two Stars (or less) - 87.89 Average - 34 Blue Chip

2018: 20th in Country in 5 Year Talent - 1 Five Star - 31 Four Stars - 47 Three Stars - 6 Two Stars (or Less) - 87.25 Average Composite Score - 31 Blue Chip

Lost to tOSU in Rose Bowl - 1st in Country in 5 Year Talent - 11 Five Stars - 55 Four Stars - 17 Three Stars - 2 Two Stars (or less) - 92.89 Average Composite Score - 66 Blue Chip

Pete was attempting to punch well above his weight class in the NY6 Bowels, and unfortunately it wasn't happening. Yet the Dawgs never got boat raced.

Next season he is going to have DOUBLE the Blue Chip talent he had in those years, and now there will be Blue Chips filling the full 2 deep.

It isn’t microwave popcorn Derek.
    We never stood a chance against Penn State, Alabama and Ohio State. They all could have boat raced us if they hadn't let up on the throttle. And the sad thing is we could have beaten Ohio State with a better game plan. You're making Pete sound like he was a valiant warrior who gave it everything he had going down in defeat. You're being an enabler.

And you could also ask why we were saddled with Browning to begin with -- and whose fault was that? Why weren't other competent QBs recruited in that span? Again, that's on Petersen.

Look at UCLA - you can have blue chips coming out your ears. If you don't win big games with them then who cares?

This doesn't mean I think Petersen is shit, or I don't acknowledge his exciting recruiting of late. It means UW doesn't deserve to be named among the nation's elite until they actually beat somebody of note.
    I agree with you on multiple points:

We never stood a chance against PSU, Bama, or tOSU in regards to our offense. Our defense was on par. They did let up on the throttle, but it was also a case of the team clearly starting out uncomfortable and taking a quarter and a half before they realized they could play with these guys.

That's on Pete.

It's also on Pete that he has not won a single one of the big games in his tenure. As Race said, he punched above his weight class while at BSU, so why has he not done it at UW? Poor play calling, poor game planning, poor roster choices. Had he done his job and corrected those issues, he could have won at least one of those game. He has yet to do it, and that is a major knock on him that is becoming increasingly irritating.

My point, is that we are not UCLA or USC. We have not had blue chips coming out our ears while simultaneously losing the big games. Pete has won 10 games 3 straight seasons for the first time in UW history. He has won 2 out of 3 conference championships. And he has done all this with this piece of shit leading his offense (which as you said is Pete's own fault):

If you weren't sure, that is retarded chicken running with his head cut off. Yet Pete's consistency has led this team to 3 straight NY6 bowls despite that retard and despite having half the number of blue chips recruits on his roster that all the teams in the same stratosphere have done.

This post was a chance to highlight that UW is finally getting the same amount of talent into the 2 and 3 deeps that the rest the elite teams have. With this talent level, his consistent approach, his record of development, and hopefully some self reflection on his own short comings, I expect him to start winning these games outright.

Plus I'm a fucking doog who never misses the opportunity to shine a bright light on the program that I love and to doogitup.gif

PS. I love you and for having higher expectations and not accepting bullshit excuses.
    Added point to Pete’s consistency and ability thus far with less heralded recruits and optimism for what can be accomplished with influx of higher end talent:

• Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Hmm. Oregon lost to Ohio St. in the 2015 Natty by 22.
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Uh oh... 'round here, 58 is a number to end streaks.

That is a GOOD Eagles team...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,147
    Swaye's Wigwam

And yet Jake Browning led the sqwad to 14 losses in four years despite the defense never allowing more than 35 points.
    And to follow up the average points scored by opponent in Browning’s 14 losses was 25.

That includes defensive touchdowns and points off dumbfuck turnovers.
    This would be the final piece of evidence sending Browning to the gallows

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,177
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

And yet Jake Browning led the sqwad to 14 losses in four years despite the defense never allowing more than 35 points.
    And to follow up the average points scored by opponent in Browning’s 14 losses was 25.

That includes defensive touchdowns and points off dumbfuck turnovers.
    This would be the final piece of evidence sending Browning to the gallows

I would make the Utah 2018 series my closing argument.

Match 1: Browning passes for 155 yards, 1 TD and 1 god awful INT (the gif of which was recently making the rounds.)

Defense bails Browning out by forcing three turnovers to give him the lead and then stopping the Utes on downs their final three drives after Browning and special teams gave Utah the following starting field positions:

WASH 11
    WASH 28
    WASH 42

Match 2: Despite the fact that Browning has clearly demonstrated an inability to beat Utah's defense he is inexplicably tasked with throwing the ball 33 times. He goes for 5.7 ypa and an INT.

Inside the Utah 30 he was 3/9 for 11 yards and one INT leading to one FG of production for the offense in eight drives of futility.

Defense held Utah to 3.6 yards per play but must have realized towards the end of the 3rd quarter in a 3-3 game that merely stopping Utah wouldn't be enough for Browning to win the game. Last 4 drives?

INT-TD
    INT
    INT
    DOWNS

Jesus. This is an offense that was killing people too.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,832
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I just got really pumped for the Eason era sitting here at my computer on a Friday afternoon dredging up repressed memories of Browning shitting his socks.

#metoo