Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I am against assault style weapons

BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,344
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Guns in my hands scare me more than anything. I don't know how to carry them without pointing accidentally in the wrong direction, etc so admittedly I am no expert. I never pick one up, ever, but I definitely believe and support a person's right to own guns. 99.9% are responsible gun owners and I get that.

I would like to see the massive bullets per minute rifles banned. I know that perspective bothers people but after watching the Vegas shooting, I think they have to go. The problem is, I have worked in politics and I know for fact that there are democrats who believe in taking away guns all together. I have spoken with them in the past and their agenda is real. They are lying in the weeds and waiting for their moment to start the movement. Some even tried to take over the Brady movement but were forced out because of their no-guns at all belief. Back then the politicians in charge knew that was not going to fly.

My point is this: If we ban these assault rifles, the far left is going to consider that a win and they will then have momentum to attempt to ban guns of all shapes and sizes. Politicians know this, the NRA knows this and it is why nothing is going to happen on the assault rifle side of things. Democrats can't be trusted to maintain that right.

Like I said yesterday, this is an issue of the breakdown of the nuclear family. With the assault rifle It is the damage that many bullets per minute can do in obviously mentally ill individuals hands.

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I hope you don't take this the wrong way but fuck off and step aside. You should fear not respect government. The 90's assault weapons ban did NOTHING to stop violent crime.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    An AR-15 fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. Just like every hand gun. Assault rifles are a small fraction of the gun murders in the US. If a cop thinks he needs an AR-15 to protect himself, then so do I.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Please learn the difference between automatic and semiautomatic. The manufacture and sale of new automatic weapons has been illegal since 1986. Existing weapons were grandfathered in and are extremely hard to find and very expensive. None of the mass shootings has been done with an automatic weapon.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    USMChawk said:

How many bullets can the rifle hold compared to the "assault rifle"?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

What does same capacity mean to you?
    I know what the meme says.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

It is correct.
    Ok here's the thing. While that exact rifle technically can have a high capacity magazine. The idiots that commit mass shootings don't know that, or else one would be used by now. And I'd imagine, the vast majority of hunting rifles don't have that capability without modifications. Just like you can modify an AR with a bump stock to make it function as a fully auto rifle (although I think those sales are illegal now).
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

It is correct.
    Ok here's the thing. While that exact rifle technically can have a high capacity magazine. The idiots that commit mass shootings don't know that, or else one would be used by now. And I'd imagine, the vast majority of hunting rifles don't have that capability without modifications. Just like you can modify an AR with a bump stock to make it function as a fully auto rifle (although I think those sales are illegal now).
    And if you weren't a fag you'd still be a dipshit
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

It is correct.
    What point are you trying to make?
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I think you simply need to increase the responsibility of gun ownership. All gun purchases registered and eliminate private sales, everything has to go through a dealer. If your gun commits a crime there will be hell to pay even if you didn't do it. There is no magic bullet, but there are some easy things that can be done.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

It is correct.
    What point are you trying to make?
    It's fucktarded to use the meme as justification for not banning assault rifles. To be clear, I'm not saying to bring back the Brady bill. As I discussed yesterday, there's better options to save lives then just banning weapons.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,850
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Guns in my hands scare me more than anything. I don't know how to carry them without pointing accidentally in the wrong direction, etc so admittedly I am no expert. I never pick one up, ever, but I definitely believe and support a person's right to own guns. 99.9% are responsible gun owners and I get that.

I would like to see the massive bullets per minute rifles banned. I know that perspective bothers people but after watching the Vegas shooting, I think they have to go. The problem is, I have worked in politics and I know for fact that there are democrats who believe in taking away guns all together. I have spoken with them in the past and their agenda is real. They are lying in the weeds and waiting for their moment to start the movement. Some even tried to take over the Brady movement but were forced out because of their no-guns at all belief. Back then the politicians in charge knew that was not going to fly.

My point is this: If we ban these assault rifles, the far left is going to consider that a win and they will then have momentum to attempt to ban guns of all shapes and sizes. Politicians know this, the NRA knows this and it is why nothing is going to happen on the assault rifle side of things. Democrats can't be trusted to maintain that right.

Like I said yesterday, this is an issue of the breakdown of the nuclear family. With the assault rifle It is the damage that many bullets per minute can do in obviously mentally ill individuals hands.

I like most of your post regarding the evil democrats are but "bullets per minute" is silly.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

It is correct.
    Point of order. Everything you just typed is wrong or inaccurate. Please educate yourself before arguing for things you do not fully understand. TIA

Signed: Everyone
    Hondo, et al, see the wood stock Mini-14 and, dare I say, profile it as a "good" or at least less scary-bad gun. In truth, it's uses essentially the mechanism of the M-1 and visually modeled after the M-14, the two US combat rifles prior to the M-16. The A-Team kept Mini-14s in the back of the van.

I hesitate to bring that up because they'll want to ban Mini-14 too.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think you simply need to increase the responsibility of gun ownership. All gun purchases registered and eliminate private sales, everything has to go through a dealer. If your gun commits a crime there will be hell to pay even if you didn't do it. There is no magic bullet, but there are some easy things that can be done.

This, right here, is the absurd mentality of the anti-gun hysterics.

Idiots. All of them. Fuck Off.