Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

51% of mass shooters in 2019 were black, 29% were white, and 11% were Latino.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Are you afraid of all white neighborhoods?

Are you afraid of all black neighborhoods?

Case closed. End of discussion

As somebody who has spent plenty of tim in both the projects and the trailer park I'll take my chances with crackheads over meth heads anyday.

Poor white people are scary as fuck.
    True, but statistically they commit far less crime, particularly violent crime.
    I'd love to see those stats on crime by poor whites.
    Crime stats, especially violent crime stats are fairly easy to find. FBI compiles them every year.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21
    I didn't see any of that broken down by income levels

Well we know there are actually more poor white people in this country than there are poor black people, and yet crime rates for blacks are still higher than whites.
    You're conflating raw totals with rates.

I don't think you're dumb enough to be doing that by accident.
    No, the number of poor whites is greater than poor blacks. If poor whites committed crime at the same or greater rate than blacks there would be more homicides and violent crimes in terms of raw numbers being committed by whites. The numbers don't support that.
    I'm not sure which is worse here, your reasoning skills or your math skills.

Either way

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I make this post once a year so I guess it's time for the annual DNC guns dissertation.

Are there other factors here? Sure.

Do mental illness, video games, single parent homes and the breakdown of families play a role? Absolutely.

But other wealthy, developed countries have all that same shit but don't have near the rate of mass shootings that we do. Pretending the reason we experience this stuff at significantly higher rates than the rest of the first world is something other than access to guns is denial at best, pure dishonesty at worst.

That doesn't mean we should start banning guns. The right has one argument here that holds up and it's a damn good one - the Constitution guarantees us the right to defend ourselves as a protection from tyranny.

There's a real argument that all this shit we see on the news every other week (if we're lucky) about another mass shooting is worth it because on day we? can protect ourselves from hypothetical tyrants.

But the right needs to own it and the debate needs to center there. Is all this shit worth it for Americans to remain armed and free?

I lean yes.

But pointing to anything else other than that is simply wasting people's time and distracting from the reality here.

And sledog, please spare me the "but you can people with knives and cars and bombs too!" responses. I'm in no way pretending that guns are the only weapon out there. But there's a reason they're by far the most frequently used weapons for this kind of shit.

The great philosopher Adam Carolla had a good rant on this yesterday. The gist of it is, mass shootings are a tragic phenomenon of our time that are self reinforcing.
    #ThatsMyPresident
    Mike Rowe/Adam Carolla 2020
    "Take care of your shit"
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

As somebody who has spent plenty of tim in both the projects and the trailer park I'll take my chances with crackheads over meth heads anyday.

Crime stats, especially violent crime stats are fairly easy to find. FBI compiles them every year.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21

Well we know there are actually more poor white people in this country than there are poor black people, and yet crime rates for blacks are still higher than whites.

No, the number of poor whites is greater than poor blacks. If poor whites committed crime at the same or greater rate than blacks there would be more homicides and violent crimes in terms of raw numbers being committed by whites. The numbers don't support that.

Either way

Don't blame me because you don't want to look at the numbers
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

Either way

Don't blame me because you don't want to look at the numbers
    I've looked.

hth
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The number of whites arrested for Murder in 2016 was 4,192

The number of blacks arrested for Murder in 2016 was 4,935

Since we know there are more poor whites in this country than there are poor blacks if whites were committing murder at an equal to or greater rate than blacks those numbers would be different.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,402
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

The wacko libs on here have managed to not discuss the facts presented. Lil' buddy hondo jr and insincere contributed nothing, just called people names while adding zero content. HH did his usual obfuscate hit job in hopes of avoidance of the topic altogether rather than just not participating. It is the same shit every day. At least apag and a few other add something to be discussed and debated.

The real problem is the breakdown of the family, not our gun laws. Libs will never discuss that because it would mean that they have to admit there is importance in being a responsible father and keeping the nuclear family intact . Dems like things the way they are.

Fuck! And here I thought it was mental health, Hollywood and video games!

Thanks for this really helpful tidbit, Atl. Some of us foolishly wanted to blame the fact any idiot twenty something can get an AK-47.
    I thought you already knew that the bad guys can get guns illegally. You aren't going to stop that.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Yes. They’re accurate. It’s also accurate to say that you, me and Tom Brady have 6 Super Bowl wins between us.

That's some super Kunt logic you have working there O'Keefed. We are told that most all of these mass shootings are carried out by whites. Why does it make your snatch so sore to have facts that refute that claim?

Does it challenge your narrative O'Keefed?
    Yeah, when some fucker kills his whole family or a drug deal goes South, that’s exactly like a Build the Wall white dude slaughtering Hispanic shoppers in a Wal-Mart because of Replacement Theory.
    It's funny that these are both the same when discussing "common sense" gun laws but different now.
    If you’re saying more than common sense gun laws are required to combat terrorism, I agree. Domestic terrorism seems to be a very white phenomenon recently.
    Conflate and dissemble all you'd like, does anyone think you actually care about anyone beyond your immediate ideological motives?

I'd respect you more if you were less disingenuous. At least APAG and Cdawg just come out and say what they really think.
    I think guns should be difficult to obtain and retain. Some guns should simply be illegal per se. I think penalties for misuse or illegal possession be stiff. But I’m not for banning them.

Other than repeating above exactly what I said days ago, I never say what I really want.
    Which classes of guns would you ban, and why?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Since we know there are more poor whites in this country than there are poor blacks if whites were committing murder at an equal to or greater rate than blacks those numbers would be different.

This does nothing to split out for levels of property, increases of murder rates as people live in close proximity, etc.

I'm saying poor white people living piled on top of each other in a trailer park are just as dangerous as poor black people living piled on top of each other in the projects.

You're saying nope, one is more dangerous because skin color.

Good job, good effort.
    Why did you fucking lie? I never claimed blacks are more dangerous because of their skin color. Fuck you. Your claims about poor whites and poor blacks are based entirely on your unsupported opinions.

You're just engaged in the standard virtue signalling where you think it makes you sound more enlightened to make statements that aren't supported by the facts. I never said anything about the projects and there are plenty of poor rural living black people.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Yes. They’re accurate. It’s also accurate to say that you, me and Tom Brady have 6 Super Bowl wins between us.

That's some super Kunt logic you have working there O'Keefed. We are told that most all of these mass shootings are carried out by whites. Why does it make your snatch so sore to have facts that refute that claim?

Yeah, when some fucker kills his whole family or a drug deal goes South, that’s exactly like a Build the Wall white dude slaughtering Hispanic shoppers in a Wal-Mart because of Replacement Theory.
    It's funny that these are both the same when discussing "common sense" gun laws but different now.
    If you’re saying more than common sense gun laws are required to combat terrorism, I agree. Domestic terrorism seems to be a very white phenomenon recently.
    Conflate and dissemble all you'd like, does anyone think you actually care about anyone beyond your immediate ideological motives?

I'd respect you more if you were less disingenuous. At least APAG and Cdawg just come out and say what they really think.
    I think guns should be difficult to obtain and retain. Some guns should simply be illegal per se. I think penalties for misuse or illegal possession be stiff. But I’m not for banning them.

Other than repeating above exactly what I said days ago, I never say what I really want.
    I'd be talking to people like you, who know something about guns, about legitimate reasons why anyone would ever want own particular types of weapons. It's not immediately obvious to me why someone should have an AK-47, for example. I realize Sled wants to over throw the Deep State, but I want to talk about reality.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

This does nothing to split out for levels of property, increases of murder rates as people live in close proximity, etc.

I'm saying poor white people living piled on top of each other in a trailer park are just as dangerous as poor black people living piled on top of each other in the projects.

Good job, good effort.
    Why did you fucking lie? I never claimed blacks are more dangerous because of their skin color. Fuck you. Your claims about poor whites and poor blacks are based entirely on your unsupported opinions.

You're just engaged in the standard virtue signalling where you think it makes you sound more enlightened to make statements that aren't supported by the facts. I never said anything about the projects and there are plenty of poor rural living black people.
    Okay then Mr "I demand everyone agree blacks are more dangerous". What is your reasoning why they are more dangerous (IYO) then?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Swaye said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I'd be talking to people like you, who know something about guns, about legitimate reasons why anyone would ever want own particular types of weapons. It's not immediately obvious to me why someone should have an AK-47, for example. I realize Sled wants to over throw the Deep State, but I want to talk about reality.
    Ak-47s are fully automatic. The relatively small number that exist legally in the country are heavily regulated.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Good job, good effort.

Okay then Mr "I demand everyone agree blacks are more dangerous". What is your reasoning why they are more dangerous (IYO) then?
    I just fucking gave you the numbers that you obviously didn't look at. What do you have that shows whites are more dangerous other than your opinion? And I never said blacks are more dangerous because of their skin color asswhole.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Good job, good effort.

I just fucking gave you the numbers that you obviously didn't look at. What do you have that shows whites are more dangerous other than your opinion? And I never said blacks are more dangerous because of their skin color asswhole.

Then why are they more dangerous?

You've already ducked the question once.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Ak-47s are fully automatic. The relatively small number that exist legally in the country are heavily regulated.
    Last I heard, the shooter got his legally. What did he have to go through to get it?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Last I heard, the shooter got his legally. What did he have to go through to get it?
    Who had an AK-47?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029

dnc said:

I make this post once a year so I guess it's time for the annual DNC guns dissertation.

Are there other factors here? Sure.

Do mental illness, video games, single parent homes and the breakdown of families play a role? Absolutely.

But other wealthy, developed countries have all that same shit but don't have near the rate of mass shootings that we do. Pretending the reason we experience this stuff at significantly higher rates than the rest of the first world is something other than access to guns is denial at best, pure dishonesty at worst.

That doesn't mean we should start banning guns. The right has one argument here that holds up and it's a damn good one - the Constitution guarantees us the right to defend ourselves as a protection from tyranny.

There's a real argument that all this shit we see on the news every other week (if we're lucky) about another mass shooting is worth it because one day we? can protect ourselves from hypothetical tyrants.

But the right needs to own it and the debate needs to center there. Is all this shit worth it for Americans to remain armed and free?

I lean yes.

But pointing to anything else other than that is simply wasting people's time and distracting from the reality here.

And sledog, please spare me the "but you can people with knives and cars and bombs too!" responses. I'm in no way pretending that guns are the only weapon out there. But there's a reason they're by far the most frequently used weapons for this kind of shit.

The problem is that the left never says "let's repeal the 2nd"

They do crap like make things double secret illegal or difficult for no good reason other than to try to ban inch by inch
    The left knows gun control doesn't work. They rule all the worst places with the highest murder rates in the country that coincidentally have the most stringent gun control if not outright defacto bans. Doesn't stop a thing. Criminals don't buy their guns at the store.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Good job, good effort.

Then why are they more dangerous?

You've already ducked the question once.
    I answered that question already. I even gave you statistics in support of my answers that you then lied about.

Can we agree that people who commit violent crime are more dangerous on average than people who don't commit violent crimes?
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Who had an AK-47?
    What kind of gun did the El Paso shooter have?