Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Creep transferred guardianship of his kid??

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited August 2019
    What they ought to do, if they don't do it already, is convert the fraudulently obtained aid into a federal loan with retroactive interest. In addition, the degrees should be forfeited and their record should indicate academic dishonesty.

If Damone thinks taxes are theft, then these people are stealing our? stolen property.

I have no patience for it. There are a lot of people who kill themselves to get through school with jerbs, family sacrifice, etc.

PS: Creep was full pay baby. $65 gs a year, and probably more when you figured out the incidentals and shit. Do the maf. What did it buy me? Well, among many other things, it drastically decreased the odds that rowboat would run into one of OBK's relatives and decide he was Mr. Right. Never shall our gene pools co-mingle. Never, ever.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I paid for my own schooling. Not one dime of help other than a $600 Pell grant. My mother had zero funds to help so I did what I had to and worked my way through college and paid loans off after graduation. I used to marvel at how some of the rich kids were awarded scholarship money especially the rich kids from out of state who were given money to attend the University.

Life isn't fair but the people in this article need to pay it all back.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019

What they ought to do, if they don't do it already, is convert the fraudulently obtained aid into a federal loan with retroactive interest. In addition, the degrees should be forfeited and their record should indicate academic dishonesty.

If Damone thinks taxes are theft, then these people are stealing our? stolen property.

I have no patience for it. There are a lot of people who kill themselves to get through school with jerbs, family sacrifice, etc.

PS: Creep was full pay baby. $65 gs a year, and probably more when you figured out the incidentals and shit. Do the maf. What did it buy me? Well, among many other things, it drastically decreased the odds that rowboat would run into one of OBK's relatives and decide he was Mr. Right. Never shall our gene pools co-mingle. Never, ever.

One Night in Bangkok......

It's possible. Remote but never say never.

I do like the retroactive loan conversion idea - but most of these fucks are so wealthy that's just a slap on their wrist.

They need to do some time in the graybar hotel. Even if it's just a week - something tangible that potentially could get their shit rammed in from angry sex offender arrestee....

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    I’d support some hefty fines for the parents and perhaps a 5-10 year transcript notation for the student who benefitted.

I paid full fare and was 20 years out when I became debt free. Many times paid at the bursar in cash because I had maxed the available aid.

• Options

Wait - so you're saying that unless a potential mate went to a public ivy or elite private college or university they are not marriage material? That's just really hurtful @creepycoug . I married a greasy slav from basically a Cuog level academis institution and my standard of living is just fine. Hell, we'll be joining the cuntry club soon and I'll be sending poolside pics to @dirtysouwfdawg .
    By all accounts, you married hotness. WGAF where she went to school.

I don't want my genes comingling with OBK's genes. This is, as we say in the law game, sic loquitur pro se.

Whatever mistake Creep's progeny will make in mate selection, at least it won't be that catastrophic. Reasonable amounts man. Reasonable amounts.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wait - so you're saying that unless a potential mate went to a public ivy or elite private college or university they are not marriage material? That's just really hurtful @creepycoug . I married a greasy slav from basically a Cuog level academis institution and my standard of living is just fine. Hell, we'll be joining the cuntry club soon and I'll be sending poolside pics to @dirtysouwfdawg .

I don't want my genes comingling with OBK's genes. This is, as we say in the law game, sic loquitur pro se.

Whatever mistake Creep's progeny will make in mate selection, at least it won't be that catastrophic cataclysmic . Reasonable amounts man. Reasonable amounts.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

You voted for @baseman. As he is dead to HCH, you are now dead to me as well.

BUT...

I heard your greasy Slav (your words not mine) is kinda hot. Poolside pics and I might let you back into my life (of her, not you).

Guess I shouldn’t have booned the waitress with a GED.

FY, FML
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Whatever mistake Creep's progeny will make in mate selection, at least it won't be that catastrophic. Reasonable amounts man. Reasonable amounts.
    I may still be hungover but I didn't read a word of this.

I love the spinners, but I sure as shit aint having a kid with one.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,298
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

*Increases monthly contribution to Doog_Bot_3.0's college fund.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2019

I paid for my own schooling. Not one dime of help other than a $600 Pell grant. My mother had zero funds to help so I did what I had to and worked my way through college and paid loans off after graduation. I used to marvel at how some of the rich kids were awarded scholarship money especially the rich kids from out of state who were given money to attend the University.

College didn't cost anything when you were in school, old man. I paid for college on a part time job.

I couldn't realistically insist my kids pay the $150,000 or so it cost my wife and I for each of them to get their degrees. They were all "given" money by their schools too, btw. I balked at paying $250,000+ for my youngest to get a bachelors degree at Occidental, 'cuz I'm a cheap bastard, of course.

When my eldest entered college ten years ago, an obvious strategy was a pre-college divorce with the financial aid application being made by the lower income parent, who might plan ahead by lowering his or her income for a time. We didn't do it, but we joked about it. Transferring guardianship is an interesting variant.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

College didn't cost anything when you were in school, old man. I paid for college on a part time job.

I couldn't realistically insist my kids pay the $150,000 or so it cost my wife and I for each of them to get their degrees. They were all "given" money by their schools too, btw. I balked at paying $250,000+ for my youngest to get a bachelors degree at Occidental, 'cuz I'm a cheap bastard, of course.

When my eldest entered college ten years ago, an obvious strategy was a pre-college divorce with the financial aid application being made by the lower income parent, who might plan ahead by lowering his or her income for a time. We didn't do it, but we joked about it. Transferring guardianship is an interesting variant.
    This is part of the reason I pony'd up the larger dollars for the kids. I got through UW and UW LS for essentially nothing. It was the bargain of a life-tim.
  • Options

My folks were separated but not divorced when my brother was going to Columbia so he didn't get aid because my dad's income still counted. My mom worked three jobs to send him there. Or not. He went to both Columbia and Berkeley. School was amazingly affordable

UW was 180 bucks a quarter when I went there

Then it skyrocketed to $229/quarter--where it stayed for years.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

HHusky said:

This is part of the reason I pony'd up the larger dollars for the kids. I got through UW and UW LS for essentially nothing. It was the bargain of a life-tim.
    Yep. I have four degrees from UW--'cuz why not? It was an amazing bargain.

(Now that I've hit a certain milestone birthday, I audit UW courses for essentially nothing. Kids today are getting screwed by comparison--screwed isn't even a strong enough word for it.)
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
    HHusky said:

Oh I wasn't bitching about it, I feel very fortunate that I went to school when I did. I had close to 20K debt and had a first job that paid me less than that. I wish that I only needed a part time job to pay for my education and come out debt free. Food, clothing, housing, books, the Greyhound bus tickets, all were on me so I took every single loan out I could and still came up short each year. I am not bitching as I used that 4 years to their very fullest and enjoyed every single minute of it.

I have fired two Stanford MBA's and had the distinct pleasure of firing one each from Princeton and Harvard. They were insufferable arrogant bastards. Mommy and daddy wasted their money on those two Ivy league educations. 250K is ridiculous money to pay for an education. I don't give a shit which school it is. If they aren't going for a specialized education (Medical, Lawyer, Engineer, etc) it should be cheap state school.
  • Options

My folks were separated but not divorced when my brother was going to Columbia so he didn't get aid because my dad's income still counted. My mom worked three jobs to send him there. Or not. He went to both Columbia and Berkeley. School was amazingly affordable

UW was 180 bucks a quarter when I went there

That looks like you climbing up the stairs.