Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Businesses with a solid business model will be fine

2»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019

People who aren’t worth $20/hour might not be too happy though.

Why only $20? You can’t even have a nice vacation in Europe on that wage.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tlaib-calls-for-20-an-hour-minimum-wage

People with five children can't even afford a vacation in Europe. Living wage!
    My wife has a newer luxury crossover SUV and I drive a 13 year old 4 x 4. The income inequality in the House of Yella is brutal and not fair!
    You choose: Trade in the wife or trade in the car.

I over kicked my coverage in the wife dept on marriage 2.0. Don't have enough to offer to earn myself an upgrade.
    Mrs. Throber V2.0 was a major upgrade AND she bought me gave me freedom to purchase a sweet ride.

#bearswiinedit
    I'm mostly allowed to have nice things- e.g., hi fi, fine whiskey, travel and other bougey stuff that @dirtysouwfdawg can't enjoy. But I take one for the team on the vehicle and still have to do a jerb.
    You’re so right it hurts.

Now DIAFF made of expensive rowing boats, and nice watches that was doused in fine whiskey.
    Can’t afford whiskey, HI Fi, travel and other bougey stuff AND a decent vehicle? That sucks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So why not $20? ANSWER THE QUESTION HONDO!

I bet there are lots of businesses that will do just fine that you can use as proof that $20 is no big deal. My lowest paid subcontractor
    Is at $100. I do just great! I must have an amazing business model.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019

My wife has a newer luxury crossover SUV and I drive a 13 year old 4 x 4. The income inequality in the House of Yella is brutal and not fair!

I over kicked my coverage in the wife dept on marriage 2.0. Don't have enough to offer to earn myself an upgrade.
    Mrs. Throber V2.0 was a major upgrade AND she bought me gave me freedom to purchase a sweet ride.

#bearswiinedit
    I'm mostly allowed to have nice things- e.g., hi fi, fine whiskey, travel and other bougey stuff that @dirtysouwfdawg can't enjoy. But I take one for the team on the vehicle and still have to do a jerb.

Now DIAFF made of expensive rowing boats, and nice watches that was doused in fine whiskey.
    Can’t afford whiskey, HI Fi, travel and other bougey stuff AND a decent vehicle? That sucks.
    Probably has this for a toilet too...

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I bet there are lots of businesses that will do just fine that you can use as proof that $20 is no big deal. My lowest paid subcontractor

Are you really that stupid Mike? You know the answer to the question.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,397
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

White flag
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Yes. I’m that stupid. Lay it out fuck head. Impart your wisdom on us.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Yes. I’m that stupid. Lay it out fuck head. Impart your wisdom on us.
    You see Mike. If you raise minimum wage too high too quick. It actually can harm business. But structuring minimum wage to go to $15 over a 5-10 year period won't do that. It hasn't changed since 09 or whenever it went up to 7.25. it needs to be indexed up.

Find me a market right now with a $15 minimum wage where the is less jobs than before the minimum wage.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

#bearswiinedit

Probably has this for a toilet too...

That’s no Toto.

Also, I remember when those wooden toilet seats were popular in the 80’s.