Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pat Haden FS

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
his own quotes from yesterday...

"USC athletic director Pat Haden introduced new football coach Steve Sarkisian in front of a packed auditorium on Tuesday without any concerns over a fan backlash.

“I could have named Mother Theresa and there’s people who wouldn’t be happy,” Haden said. “I could be absolutely wrong. We’ll find out.”

you don't say Pat? People wouldn't have been happy with Mother Theresa to coach the Trojans?

Between Haden and Pool Boy the Pac12 is in great shape.

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I wonder if he heard about our 2 for 1 deal ...

Buy our football head coach, get the Basketball coach with no buyout.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    There was a very brief moment after Sark to USC was announced that I contemplated being wrong about him. Why the fuck would USC want Sark if he really is mediocre 7-win-Ste7e? Everything made sense after reading Haden's Todd Turner type quotes.

They will be two dipshits out of a job within two years.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Pat Hayden knows there will be groups of miserable people who want Sark to fail at USC so they can be right
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Pat Haden Fucking Stupid's coaching search is detailed here:

http://rumorsandrants.com/2013/12/exclusive-inside-the-usc-coaching-search.html

Truly a great read.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pat Hayden knows there will be groups of miserable people who want Sark to fail at USC so they can be right

They are just Bruin fans trying to make SC look bad.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Pat Haden Fucking Stupid's coaching search is detailed here:

http://rumorsandrants.com/2013/12/exclusive-inside-the-usc-coaching-search.html

Truly a great read.

Sumlin, Sarkisian, Petersen and Del Rio all lobbied hard for the job for the better part of two months. All four guys made it known that they wanted to be considered and were willing to move on if USC made the right offer. As we detailed on Sunday, Sumlin backed out last week out after pushing for the job. He never interviewed and was never given an offer by USC despite some reports to the contrary.

Sarkisian, Petersen and Del Rio all interviewed with USC in Denver in early November. Reports of Del Rio’s interview became public, but the other two guys were able to keep their names from leaking.
    Sounds about right, Sark's been doing everything he could to get this job since it came open.

Praise be to Allah that Sark is such a good interview.

BTW, this is why I think coaching searches are bullshit. AD's put way too much stock into interviews and nowhere near enough stock in actual results.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mother Theresa taught Chip the Read Option
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    BTW, this is why I think coaching searches are bullshit. AD's put way too much stock into interviews and nowhere near enough stock in actual results.
    These guys are on camera all the time, I don't understand why an interview is even needed.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    USC passed on Petersen because he was "too much like Kiffin", you can't even make this shit up

Sark's 2 for 2 in "blowing" (lol) ADs away in interviews

kick-ass interviews >> kick-ass pressers
  • Options
    This is why I think Petersen is a fraud:

Petersen’s interview left a lot to be desired. USC’s people were expecting to have him emerge as the leader after meeting with him, but instead left with more questions than answers.

The HC is more than just game plans and player selection.

You have to have a clear vision of where you want the program to go and it's future.

Petersen walked into a great situation and just has to make sure he doesn't fuck it up. The blue print is there. I have seen nothing that makes me believe he could take Washington to the next level.

We need a coach who has either kicked ass at a major school (Les Miles), or developed a mid-major who was on the downhill slide ... or bottomed out.

I would settle for an assistant ... like Chip Kelly ... who made an immediate impact when he arrived. Bob Stoops was an assistant, but he had a body of work ... fucking Nuss ... no. He, like Sark, is a figure head.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

This is why I think Petersen is a fraud:

Petersen’s interview left a lot to be desired. USC’s people were expecting to have him emerge as the leader after meeting with him, but instead left with more questions than answers.

The HC is more than just game plans and player selection.

You have to have a clear vision of where you want the program to go and it's future.

Petersen walked into a great situation and just has to make sure he doesn't fuck it up. The blue print is there. I have seen nothing that makes me believe he could take Washington to the next level.

You're putting a lot of stock in the evaluation of the people who just hired Steve Sarkisian.

• Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    And thank god Sark can interview.

If not, we would be here bitching about his new contract extension from the Pool Boy.
  • Options

If not, we would be here bitching about his new contract extension from the Pool Boy.

Either that or we never would have been stuck with him in the first place.

• Options

All of our sources say Sarkisian blew USC’s representatives away with his interview and plan for the program.

I'm too lazy to find the article ... but this was nearly the exact quote when Pool Boy and his master were describing their meeting with Sark ... If I recall correctly they were impressed with his plans for Locker.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Maybe.

If I remember correctly, Sark was the hot name among our fans in the assistant ranks along with Strong, Muschamp, Venables and Mullen.

Interviewing Sark after Leach probably sealed the deal for WoodMert.
  • Options

dnc said:

Maybe.

If I remember correctly, Sark was the hot name among our fans in the assistant ranks along with Strong, Muschamp, Venables and Mullen.

Muschamp was the biggest one of the bunch, but all of those names sound about right.

Not exactly a great list for those advocating hire a rookie this time around. One very good HC, one mediocrity, one dumpster fire, and one who still hasn't gotten promoted.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

Maybe.

Sark was never a hot name until Damone's drunk father in law on the couch announced that he had been offered the job.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

dnc said:

Maybe.

Sark was never a hot name until Damone's drunk father in law on the couch announced that he had been offered the job.
    allpurpleallcashforgold! True?

• Options

dnc said:

Maybe.

Fuck my life ...

And if my fading drug beaten and alcohol raped memory serves me ...

Sark was never even mentioned until the announcement.