Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your favorite memory of the Pete Carroll era at USC?

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This may actually be my favorite for real

Nice call back
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:
    I miss USC, dammit!
    In the #metoo era?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Chip Kelly ended the Cheat Carroll era. Cheat knew he couldn't compete anymore.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,434

I miss sark

He's at Bama now.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I miss sark

I miss drunk sark*
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

I miss sark

I miss drunk sark*
    Is there any other kind?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019

After that win, WE WERE BAAAAAACK!

I gotta tell you, Bazey, I think 2009 might be the greatest Husky home game I've been to in the past 20 years. I never believed we would win until Jack locked in on Kearse to get us? into scoring position.

- I wasn't living in Seattle in 2000 over Miamuh but would have roughed up @creepycoug tuff at 7-11 afterwards. Kane Hall would have paled in comparison.
    - 2003 Apple Cup was lit and the most trash I've talked to Cuogs in person.
    - 2003 I put about 20 rubber duckies in the pissers, but both of those teams were dog shit so what evs.
    - 2013 plunger of Pete was kewl but anti-climatic
    - 2016 'Trees was phenomenal but I was 81% confident of victory going into that game. The curb stomping was just the cerry on top.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578

FirePete said:

I miss sark

I miss drunk sark*
    Is there any other kind?
    Drunken Crying Sark

Drunken Nose picker Sark
    Although I have no leg to stand on. I called a lunch meeting for the office then cancelled it and am sitting at the bar.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    You see? This kind of posting will not garner the king of USC respect that we? crave. Be careful and limit how much fun you poke our overlords while they're? down.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You see? This kind of posting will not garner the king of USC respect that we? crave. Be careful and limit how much fun you poke our overlords while they're? down.

Our? overlords are one lucky 4th choice hire from being removed from Mt Rushmore and being replaced by Oklahoma. @AUBURNTROJAN is wrong in the sense that enough mediocrity can get a program removed from Mt Rushmore. Ask Michigan about this.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited July 2019
    Gladstone said:

There is a peppering of truth to this.

Oregon had caught up and then blew them into oblivion. Chip's offense made USC look like Rutgers. An absolute massacre. Harbaugh was transforming Stanford from the worst SRS team in 30 years to the toughest, dirtiest team in CFB. He was a year away from the breakthrough but still blew Pete out in the Coliseum and gleefully ran the score up that year. Stunning, inexcusable losses to AZ and UW.

The conference definitely had caught up to him, and in some cases surpassed him. I think he always wanted to return to the NFL but his 2009 on-field struggles helped push him out the door faster than he would have wanted. That and impending sanctions.
    I agree. I think in college Pete was a rich man's Dennis Erickson. They have something in a bottle that works right away, and while it's working it's a lot of fucking fun. But after you get out of the quick torque of first and second gear and try and shift up for the long speed run, something happens and the wheels come off. That happened to Dennis at each stop too.

Admittedly, Pete found his forever home in the NFL here. But the very essence of his magic in LA was ephemeral ... shooting star kind of thing. Said another way, Pete would have never had a long grinding career at SC like DJ had here. Different men altogether, and thus different programs altogether. Pete's type of program eventually gets too much of itself and starts to jump the shark. Dennis was the same way in college, but unlike Pete never found his spot in the NFL.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

There is a peppering of truth to this.

Oregon had caught up and then blew them into oblivion. Chip's offense made USC look like Rutgers. An absolute massacre. Harbaugh was transforming Stanford from the worst SRS team in 30 years to the toughest, dirtiest team in CFB. He was a year away from the breakthrough but still blew Pete out in the Coliseum and gleefully ran the score up that year. Stunning, inexcusable losses to AZ and UW.

The conference definitely had caught up to him, and in some cases surpassed him. I think he always wanted to return to the NFL but his 2009 on-field struggles helped push him out the door faster than he would have wanted. That and impending sanctions.
    I agree. I think in college Pete was a rich man's Dennis Erickson. They have something in a bottle that works right away, and while it's working it's a lot of fucking fun. But after you get out of the quick torque of first and second gear and try and shift up for the long speed run, something happens and the wheels come off. That happened to Dennis at each stop too.

Admittedly, Pete found his forever home in the NFL here. But the very essence of his magic in LA was ephemeral ... shooting star kind of thing. Said another way, Pete would have never had a long grinding career at SC like DJ had here. Different men altogether, and thus different programs altogether. Pete's type of program eventually gets too much of itself and starts to jump the shark. Dennis was the same way in college, but unlike Pete never found his spot in the NFL.
    Beautifully said. I the words of the great, Slim Pickins, you use your mouth purdier than a $20.00 whore.