Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your favorite memory of the Pete Carroll era at USC?

13»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited July 2019

You see? This kind of posting will not garner the king of USC respect that we? crave. Be careful and limit how much fun you poke our overlords while they're? down.

Our? overlords are one lucky 4th choice hire from being removed from Mt Rushmore and being replaced by Oklahoma. @AUBURNTROJAN is wrong in the sense that enough mediocrity can get a program removed from Mt Rushmore. Ask Michigan about this.
    And, still, they are the measuring stick of this conference, and we? have never even argued otherwise. I think we? (and UCLA) still need 100 years to catch them in conference titles. Fuhghettuhboutit. This is USC's conference. We? grovel at their feet for their respeck. Just the way it is.

As to Mt. Rushmore, if they're not on it, we're? not even east of Montana.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

You see? This kind of posting will not garner the king of USC respect that we? crave. Be careful and limit how much fun you poke our overlords while they're? down.

Our? overlords are one lucky 4th choice hire from being removed from Mt Rushmore and being replaced by Oklahoma. @AUBURNTROJAN is wrong in the sense that enough mediocrity can get a program removed from Mt Rushmore. Ask Michigan about this.
    And, still, they are the measuring stick of this conference, and we? have never even argued otherwise. I think we? (and UCLA) still need 100 years to catch them in conference titles. Fuhghettuhboutit. This is USC's conference. We? grovel at their feet for their respeck. Just the way it is.

I thought you were a cuog for like 2 years
  • Options

The first couple months I was here, I probably hated @creepycoug mor than any poster here. But once he learned of my row boat prowess and Godfather quotation skillz, he got his mind right and became my wartime consigliere.
    Which is good given that you could break me in half if you ever found me.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573

The first couple months I was here, I probably hated @creepycoug mor than any poster here. But once he learned of my row boat prowess and Godfather quotation skillz, he got his mind right and became my wartime consigliere.
    Imagine being afraid of a little Cuban man
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,853
    Swaye's Wigwam

Imagine being afraid of a little Cuban man
    Wasn’t really scared. Just ready to show that pendejo the meaning of “reach”.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019
    Gladstone said:

Chip Kelly ended the Cheat Carroll era. Cheat knew he couldn't compete anymore.

There is a peppering of truth to this.

Oregon had caught up and then blew them into oblivion. Chip's offense made USC look like Rutgers. An absolute massacre. Harbaugh was transforming Stanford from the worst SRS team in 30 years to the toughest, dirtiest team in CFB. He was a year away from the breakthrough but still blew Pete out in the Coliseum and gleefully ran the score up that year. Stunning, inexcusable losses to AZ and UW.

The conference definitely had caught up to him, and in some cases surpassed him. I think he always wanted to return to the NFL but his 2009 on-field struggles helped push him out the door faster than he would have wanted. That and impending sanctions.
    I think 2009 was simply a bad year for USC. Lane Kiffin went 10-2 and beat Oregon in 2011. It took Stanford 3 OT’s to beat USC. They were a good team and came into 2012 ranked #1.

Pete would have gotten talent in and adjusted to the league.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Reggie Bush was really good.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

Chip Kelly ended the Cheat Carroll era. Cheat knew he couldn't compete anymore.

There is a peppering of truth to this.

Oregon had caught up and then blew them into oblivion. Chip's offense made USC look like Rutgers. An absolute massacre. Harbaugh was transforming Stanford from the worst SRS team in 30 years to the toughest, dirtiest team in CFB. He was a year away from the breakthrough but still blew Pete out in the Coliseum and gleefully ran the score up that year. Stunning, inexcusable losses to AZ and UW.

The conference definitely had caught up to him, and in some cases surpassed him. I think he always wanted to return to the NFL but his 2009 on-field struggles helped push him out the door faster than he would have wanted. That and impending sanctions.
    I think 2009 was simply a bad year for USC. Lane Kiffin went 10-2 and beat Oregon in 2011. It took Stanford 3 OT’s to beat USC. They were a good team and came into 2012 ranked #1.

Pete would have gotten talent in and adjusted to the league.
    Now that's how a Husky shows proper deference to USC. That's why USC respects! Washington damnit.
  • Options
    AUBURNTROJANAUBURNTROJAN Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Imagine caring about this.
  • Options
    AUBURNTROJANAUBURNTROJAN Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This guy gets it