Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

War & Clint (Elite 8) - #3 Full Metal Jacket vs #5 Gladiator

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,888
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

War & Clint (Elite 8) - #3 Full Metal Jacket vs #5 Gladiator 45 votes

#3 Full Metal Jacket
55%
MikeDamoneCFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonjecornelPurpleBazeDennis_DeYoungUWhuskytskeetYouKnowItdncchuckBad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinKaepskneeCougzzhuskyhooliganspudenBearsWiinNEsnake12purplesweatsYellowSnow 25 votes
#5 Gladiator
44%
DerekJohnsonBennyBeaverRoadDawg55Mad_SonGladstonealumni94creepycougdfleaoregonblitzkriegTequillabiak1DoogleshaieHuskyInAZseatownfunkWilliams3Pitchfork51Doog_de_JourMammaJammaBeerThirty 20 votes

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    I dont know how I would've voted had Gladiator not pulled the upset in the previous round...probably not for Full metal Jacket. It's still a worthy final four contestant though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    chuck said:

I dont know how I would've voted had Gladiator not pulled the upset in the previous round...probably not for Full metal Jacket. It's still a worthy final four contestant though.

I thought Gladiator was very well done and I have nothing against it. BUT, Full Metal Jacket has always been so much more memorable to me personally. I can't quote Gladiator by heart the way I can FMJ.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

chuck said:

I thought Gladiator was very well done and I have nothing against it. BUT, Full Metal Jacket has always been so much more memorable to me personally. I can't quote Gladiator by heart the way I can FMJ.
    Same here.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited July 2019
    #5 Gladiator
    Again, 'Nam vs. Rome is a tuff mismatch.

Love FMJ, but I've seen much of the world. It is dark and brutal. Rome is the light.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    FMJ may be my favorite in this bracket.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

Love FMJ, but I've seen much of the world. It is dark and brutal. Rome is the light.

Well @creepycoug you are a Spaniard like Maximus and a Citizen of Rome. I am of the Germanic tribes and we? won. Pax Britainia + Pax Americana!!! Speak Engrish!!
  • Options
    #5 Gladiator

Well @creepycoug you are a Spaniard like Maximus and a Citizen of Rome. I am of the Germanic tribes and we? won. Pax Britainia + Pax Americana!!! Speak Engrish!!
    You won? It took you long enough.

No. We LET you win but killing ourselves in the foot.

Did you not see in the opening seen that you were conquered? People should know when they're conquered Yella.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket

You won? It took you long enough.

No. We LET you win but killing ourselves in the foot.

Did you not see in the opening seen that you were conquered? People should know when they're conquered Yella.
    Once you loose it, you can never get it back @creepycoug . Except for maybe the land of China where we have to LIPO.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    #5 Gladiator
    Shadows and dust.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    Founders Club
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    I love both movies. For me, Gladiator represented a turn in movie making but FMJ is an absolute classic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    Still a pretty tight ball game here. I will close the pole tomorrow at 8AM. Final 4 will post shortly thereafter.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #3 Full Metal Jacket
    Sorry @creepycoug - Rome has fallen and the pole is closed. The barbarians have won.

• Options
    #5 Gladiator

Sorry @creepycoug - Rome has fallen and the pole is closed. The barbarians have won.