Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brock Bowers, 2021 4* TE, Napa (HS), CA (Offered 9/11)

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,783
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Per Eklund, Bowers is "visiting" Georgia soon and then "visiting" Washington before making a decision.

In this case "visiting" means flying to the city with his family and getting a list of fun things to do from the coaches but not actually meeting with them or stepping on campus.

Why do I get the feeling one school will follow this to the letter of the law and one will not

Because one of them cares about winning and the other cares about continuity?
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,830
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020

Ektard actually brought up a good point this week. When Bowers visits, the coaches aren't allowed to meet him in person but there's nothing preventing him from meeting up with local UW commits since those guys aren't officially part of the program yet. Send Sam, Jabez, Jumper, Latu, Prentice, etc to Montlake to "host" Brock during his unofficial visit. I'd have way higher faith in those guys closing Brock than Cato.

Sleepover at Sam's house?
    I call top bunk.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This i

Ektard actually brought up a good point this week. When Bowers visits, the coaches aren't allowed to meet him in person but there's nothing preventing him from meeting up with local UW commits since those guys aren't officially part of the program yet. Send Sam, Jabez, Jumper, Latu, Prentice, etc to Montlake to "host" Brock during his unofficial visit. I'd have way higher faith in those guys closing Brock than Cato.

Sleepover at Sam's house?
    I like how we get away with having recruits stay at a booster’s house.
    I could only hope. Would be the easiest NCAA violation ever.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,783
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    His Athens visit was “pretty cool”

Hmm didn’t seem too excited about it.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If he thinks 95 degrees and 100% humidity is "pretty cool", wait till he checks out our summers in Seattle
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I saw someone whom UGA was after last year went to an axe throwing place and I thought a gun range with Smart. Perhaps Ringo or maybe the TE they got.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This kid is by far the best of the TE group we offered in this class. If Cato somehow pulls this off, that's a damn good sign for his future as a recruiter

This would be the equivalent of Malloe landing Tuli and Taki after getting punked for Togiai and Marlon. Could be the turning point for him as a recruiter.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This kid is by far the best of the TE group we offered in this class. If Cato somehow pulls this off, that's a damn good sign for his future as a recruiter

no way man ... Cato is this:

https://youtu.be/Hy37hjPUFWo

he's a "lucky first day motherfucker!"

Bowers referenced UW throwing the ball to Hunter etc ... Cato wasn't involved in that. The system did that. Hell, it was PaoPao before him.

Bowers isn't ignorant to the fact that less-than-hyped TE's from Washington have been drafted highly recently too. Dissly and Sample ...

Along with a sleepover at Huard's house and a decent tour of UW and Washington has a good shot.

What it does is give Cato something to build upon ...
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Huge Georgia lean. Going to need the Huard's to pull out all the stops on this one.

Lol
  • ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    UGA has a strip club/brothel across the street from the campus, Toppers, ask about it. That’s the easy work. Athens is an easy sell. Cato is a try hard and try hards can win every know and again.