Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

World Airports You've Been to

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Only international airports:

Zurich
    Frankfurt
    Calgary

In the US:

Seattle
    Portland
    Oakland
    San Francisco
    LAX
    John Wayne
    Phoenix
    Denver
    DFW
    Dallas Love
    Lubbock
    Amarillo
    Austin
    San Antonio
    Houston Hobby
    New Orleans
    Kansas City
    Atlanta
    Chicago Midway
    O’Hare
    Charlotte
    Nashville
    JFK
    Philly
    Las Vegas
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

PDX

LAX

Ontario

John Wayne

San Diego

No Burbank?

Sad!
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Inuvik (Mike Zubko) Airport (IATA: YEV, ICAO: CYEV) is located 6.5 nautical miles (12.0 km; 7.5 mi) east of Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Canada.

The airport is classified as an airport of entry by Nav Canada and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). CBSA officers at this airport can handle general aviation aircraft only, with no more than 15 passengers.[1]

It is also used as a Forward Operating Base for CF-18 Hornet military jets operated by the Royal Canadian Air Force.

The airport is partially named after Mike Zubko, a famous local aviator.[4]

Contents
    1 Airlines and destinations
    2 Accidents and incidents
    3 See also
    4 References
    5 External links
    Airlines and destinations

Check-in area for Inuvik Airport
    Airlines Destinations
    Air North Dawson City, Old Crow, Whitehorse [5]
    Canadian North Edmonton, Norman Wells, Yellowknife[6]
    First Air Norman Wells, Yellowknife[7]
    Kenn Borek Air operating by Aklak Air Paulatuk, Sachs Harbour, Tuktoyaktuk, Ulukhaktok
    Depends on demand: Aklavik
    Seasonal: Fort McPherson
    North-Wright Airways Fort Good Hope, Norman Wells
    Seasonal: Aklavik[8]
    Inuvik has scheduled jet airline service provided by Canadian North and First Air. Canadian North operates Boeing 737-200 and 737-300 jetliners while First Air operates the Boeing 737-200.

Accidents and incidents
    On 4 November 2010, a hangar fire destroyed three aircraft owned by Kenn Borek Air and operated by Aklak Air. They were de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter C-GZVH, Beechcraft King Air C-GHOC and Beechcraft 99 C-GKKB.[9]
    See also
    Inuvik/Shell Lake Water Aerodrome
    References
    Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 25 April 2019 to 0901Z 20 June 2019.
    Synoptic/Metstat Station Information Archived 2013-06-28 at the Wayback Machine
    Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA flight service stations
    [1]
    https://booking.flyairnorth.com/servlet/FlightPeriodServlet
    Flight Schedule and Route Map Archived 2011-07-08 at the Wayback Machine.
    First Air Flight Schedule
    North-Wright Airways schedule Archived 2009-06-24 at the Wayback Machine
    "Hull-loss description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 12 November 2010.
    External links
    Page about this airport on COPA's Places to Fly airport directory
    Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Inuvik (Mike Zubko) Airport from Nav Canada as available.
    vte
    Airports in Canada
    Categories: Airports in the ArcticCertified airports in the Inuvik RegionInuvik
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Inuvik (Mike Zubko) Airport (IATA: YEV, ICAO: CYEV) is located 6.5 nautical miles (12.0 km; 7.5 mi) east of Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Canada.

The airport is classified as an airport of entry by Nav Canada and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). CBSA officers at this airport can handle general aviation aircraft only, with no more than 15 passengers.[1]

It is also used as a Forward Operating Base for CF-18 Hornet military jets operated by the Royal Canadian Air Force.

The airport is partially named after Mike Zubko, a famous local aviator.[4]

Contents
    1 Airlines and destinations
    2 Accidents and incidents
    3 See also
    4 References
    5 External links
    Airlines and destinations

Check-in area for Inuvik Airport
    Airlines Destinations
    Air North Dawson City, Old Crow, Whitehorse [5]
    Canadian North Edmonton, Norman Wells, Yellowknife[6]
    First Air Norman Wells, Yellowknife[7]
    Kenn Borek Air operating by Aklak Air Paulatuk, Sachs Harbour, Tuktoyaktuk, Ulukhaktok
    Depends on demand: Aklavik
    Seasonal: Fort McPherson
    North-Wright Airways Fort Good Hope, Norman Wells
    Seasonal: Aklavik[8]
    Inuvik has scheduled jet airline service provided by Canadian North and First Air. Canadian North operates Boeing 737-200 and 737-300 jetliners while First Air operates the Boeing 737-200.

Accidents and incidents
    On 4 November 2010, a hangar fire destroyed three aircraft owned by Kenn Borek Air and operated by Aklak Air. They were de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter C-GZVH, Beechcraft King Air C-GHOC and Beechcraft 99 C-GKKB.[9]
    See also
    Inuvik/Shell Lake Water Aerodrome
    References
    Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 25 April 2019 to 0901Z 20 June 2019.
    Synoptic/Metstat Station Information Archived 2013-06-28 at the Wayback Machine
    Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA flight service stations
    [1]
    https://booking.flyairnorth.com/servlet/FlightPeriodServlet
    Flight Schedule and Route Map Archived 2011-07-08 at the Wayback Machine.
    First Air Flight Schedule
    North-Wright Airways schedule Archived 2009-06-24 at the Wayback Machine
    "Hull-loss description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 12 November 2010.
    External links
    Page about this airport on COPA's Places to Fly airport directory
    Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Inuvik (Mike Zubko) Airport from Nav Canada as available.
    vte
    Airports in Canada
    Categories: Airports in the ArcticCertified airports in the Inuvik RegionInuvik

Disagree
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, but have you ever taken off/landed at an airstrip in the shit? I hear Swaye has.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Swaye said:

I have been to all of them.

Not that landing strip.
    I've been to this one.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I have been to all of them.

Not that landing strip.
    I've been to this one.

Giggity!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sydney, Australia is the kewlest view I've seen coming into to an overseas airport. I was ready to throw another shrimp on the barbie.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019
    Swaye said:

Until you have landed on 4 acres of US sovereign soil in the middle of the Persian Gulf, you really haven't landed anywhere.

Flare to land, squat to pee. Fuck off Air Force.

Pitch controls airspeed; power controls altitude. Eye-to-hook... keep playing with that power... eyeball the meatball.

Cool shit, Swaye! I'd love to get an opportunity to try this in a sim some day. I should bug my Navy buddy who is based out of NAS Whidbey. He's on the C-40 though and doubtful he could get me into a Growler sim.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Mericuh bitches!

Sea Tac
    Boeing Field
    BWI
    Denver
    Cincy
    O'Hare
    Tulsa
    OKC
    Memphis
    St Louis
    DFW
    ATL
    LAX
    Orlando
    Miami
    San Jose
    Charlotte
    GSP
    Greensboro

More than I thought, quite honestly.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Until you have landed on 4 acres of US sovereign soil in the middle of the Persian Gulf, you really haven't landed anywhere.

Flare to land, squat to pee. Fuck off Air Force.

Pitch controls airspeed; power controls altitude. Eye-to-hook... keep playing with that power... eyeball the meatball.

Cool shit, Swaye! I'd love to get an opportunity to try this in a sim some day. I should bug my Navy buddy who is based out of NAS Whidbey. He's on the C-40 though and doubtful he could get me into a Growler sim.
    You see him working the throttle? It really is like that. You are getting calls from the LSO like "Power" and "Easy" which is helping give you an idea of the rate of movement you have around the glideslope. The meatball is fairly instantaneous but the LSO's can see start to go high or low (they have a camera with a GS line on it) before your brain can process all the variables. So that helps. But yeah, especially the first several times you do it it is stem power and muscle memory that gets you through. Hard for people to fully grasp all that you are trying to process - angle of attack, power, airspeed, glideslope, lineup: and all on the backside of the power curve as you suggest, so everything is 180 out from how you would "normally" fly.

It does get easier as you get experienced, but at night it is always a butthole clencher. I could squeeze coal into diamonds most nights. Good tims.
    What always blows my mind is how you fuckers line it up in stormy weather. All that shit is hard enough on a calm day but I have no fucking clue how pilots manage with swells exceeding 30ft. Same goes for coast guard pilots and rescue copters.

Welp, the good news is the sheer size of the carrier prevents a good deal of bobbing, but yes, on really rough seas it is pitching about a bit which just brings the margin for error down to miniscule levels and tightens the window to about the size of a pin head. If it was easy, they would have little girls and Oregon Ducks do it. PUMP MY AVGAS DUCK!
    There's anecdote in the Perfect Storm (book, not silly movie) about a Coast Guard SAR helicopter. Well, for starters, crazy they were even out there. Crazier still, when the rescue swimmer gets out of the door, he immediately puts his hand into the top of a wave.