Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sam Presti appreciation thread

So, Mr.Charts and Graphs, Zach Lowe pointed this out on one of his pods yesterday, check out this series of transactions.

Magic acquire- Serge Ibaka

Thunder acquire- Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova, Domantas Sabonis

Pacers acquire- Victor Oladipo, Domantas Sabonis

Thunder acquire- Paul George

Clippers acquire- Paul George

Thunder acquire- 5 first round pick (4 unprotected), 2 first round pick swaps and SGA

I’ve chatted a lot of shit about Presti but he turned Ibaka into that Clippers package. That’s incredible.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

So, Mr.Charts and Graphs, Zach Lowe pointed this out on one of his pods yesterday, check out this series of transactions.

Magic acquire- Serge Ibaka

Thunder acquire- Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova, Domantas Sabonis

Pacers acquire- Victor Oladipo, Domantas Sabonis

Thunder acquire- Paul George

Clippers acquire- Paul George

Thunder acquire- 5 first round pick (4 unprotected), 2 first round pick swaps and SGA

I’ve chatted a lot of shit about Presti but he turned Ibaka into that Clippers package. That’s incredible.

Until Westbrook leaves. And those first round picks should mostly all be late round.

That being said. The string makes them maybe have a good team in 5 years if they draft well.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Now all he needs to do is fire Billy Donovan
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The thing with most of those picks is they will be out of the lottery ... which means they may lead to rotation players instead of Stars

Only way they get stars is to bottom out and win the lottery ... Westbrook swapped w CP3 is the direction that I expect
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The thing with most of those picks is they will be out of the lottery ... which means they may lead to rotation players instead of Stars

Only way they get stars is to bottom out and win the lottery ... Westbrook swapped w CP3 is the direction that I expect

Do you really think CP3 Will allow his final years to be spent in Oklahoma City mentoring young guys instead of chasing a ring?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OKC has no use for Paul. I think the Heat will get Westbrook, but they don’t have much to offer either.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Of all the teams interested in Westbrick, I like the Heat in this one. Riley gets shit done.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

OKC has no use for Paul. I think the Heat will get Westbrook, but they don’t have much to offer either.

This isn’t about value for value. It’s Unloading one of the worst contracts in the league to save the owner millions and millions of dollars. Of course they want to get as many assets as possible but Westbrook has negative value. Get money off the books as soon as possible and get some draft picks.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019

This isn’t about value for value. It’s Unloading one of the worst contracts in the league to save the owner millions and millions of dollars. Of course they want to get as many assets as possible but Westbrook has negative value. Get money off the books as soon as possible and get some draft picks.
    Chris Paul has a contract almost just as bad, is older, and will get less of a return.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Chris Paul has a contract almost just as bad, is older, and will get less of a return.
    Right. Just making the point that moving Westbrook is not a basketball move. It’s about mitigating the multiplier penalty on the luxury tax for a mediocre team. Even shaving a year off of that can make a huge difference financially.

Cp3 is a brutal contract though.

Fuck the ownership of the Thunder. Hoping Clay Bennett goes full Aubrey McClendon and DIAFF.

I knew we could find more common ground than just T&A.

Right. Just making the point that moving Westbrook is not a basketball move. It’s about mitigating the multiplier penalty on the luxury tax for a mediocre team. Even shaving a year off of that can make a huge difference financially.

Cp3 is a brutal contract though.
    Exactly why NBA in OKC is fucktarded. Imagine if Ballmer had the team in Seattle. He would have kept harden with Westbrook and Durant. And hopefully would have been smart enough to kick Westbrook to the curb and keep Durant when that time came.
    Houston’s going to do everything possible to move CP3 and the contracts match up

The problem for Miami in a deal is I’m not sure what assets that they have to move in a deal because I don’t expect OKC to want players that they can’t flip for picks and Miami already moved out near term picks to clear room for Butler
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    OKC just acquired another first rounder for Grant. Just a crazy amount of draft capital coming down the pipe for them.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Hope they blow every single pick, fuck okc
    GDS said:

OKC just acquired another first rounder for Grant. Just a crazy amount of draft capital coming down the pipe for them.

They acquired a mid 20s pick ... ain’t worth much

This is a salary dump
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Of all the teams interested in Westbrick, I like the Heat in this one. Riley gets shit done.

Riley gets it done within a week. Cook it!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27149359/westbrook-eyes-okc-exit-likes-miami
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2019

Fuck the ownership of the Thunder. Hoping Clay Bennett goes full Aubrey McClendon and DIAFF.

Fair to say i read this fully @Swaye (fuck you, yes it’s Monday, it’s been a long week)....so i agree if that’s the guy who ran himself into an overpass because of karma moving from Seattle. It’s okay to have someone make you drive a Tahoe into a concrete wall, hell yes. If that wasn’t him, thoughts and prayers and can we move my response to some stupid political/religious board this monarchy employs.

Sam has yet to build shit other than ridding himseld of two of the best players in the nba and locking up the worst to literally the worst contract in the nba sans the guy who’s injured(wall). The billy beans nba rub fest is soooooo old

Where’s the Tylenol......
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

How will okc bottoming out affect the picks they are getting from the clippers??