Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With Pete building the best OL that UW has seen since the 90s... is this his way at hinting that...

Comments

• Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NLdawg said:

TacoSoup said:

Baphomet said:

So if he didn't plan to keep his offense, he would recruit lesser linemen? Huh?

Okay, fair point.

What I probably meant was that with UW getting the best OL in decades, he will be emboldened to keep his overly complicated offense to prove to the many doubting fans that his offense can indeed win an NC.

Though there is an 81% chance he'd keep is overly complicated offense anyway, even if we weren't getting the best OL in decades.
    One the biggest misnomers on this bored is CP’s “complicated” offense.

TE’s trading sides, WRs shifting and RPO’s are not fucking complicated.

All offenses look complicated if the execution sucks.

The motion isn’t the complicated part. That’s the misnomer. It’s the intricate and multiple blocking/protection schemes and reads by the QB that make things hard.
    We were an RPO offense last season. Brownsocks had to count + read a defender and make a choice. Every non-triple school in the country runs them. Our? QB made shit reads + Bush was inconsistent.

UW is not Air Raid-ian levels of simplicity but it isn’t that complicated
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    guntlove said:

TacoSoup said:

Baphomet said:

Okay, fair point.

What I probably meant was that with UW getting the best OL in decades, he will be emboldened to keep his overly complicated offense to prove to the many doubting fans that his offense can indeed win an NC.

Though there is an 81% chance he'd keep is overly complicated offense anyway, even if we weren't getting the best OL in decades.

So maybe unnecessarily ‘busy’ or ‘cute’ is a better way to describe it? I don’t know... perhaps all the pre-snap motioning just makes it seem more complicated than it actually is. I do know Pete said at the end of last season that he would look to simplify the offense before this season. Not sure what that’s gonna look like... I guess we’ll see. EWIWBI.
    Right.

I took simplify as meaning a more “focused” approach to the offense... As in, clearly defining what we? want to be as an offense and how we? want to do it.

The concepts we teach aren’t THAT complicated. It’s how they’ve been applied is what has held us back IMO
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I might be the minority of one, but I like “we don’t have an offense, we run plays” thing.
  • Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    TacoSoup said:

NLdawg said:

TacoSoup said:

Baphomet said:

Okay, fair point.

The motion isn’t the complicated part. That’s the misnomer. It’s the intricate and multiple blocking/protection schemes and reads by the QB that make things hard.
    We were an RPO offense last season. Brownsocks had to count + read a defender and make a choice. Every non-triple school in the country runs them. Our? QB made shit reads + Bush was inconsistent.

UW is not Air Raid-ian levels of simplicity but it isn’t that complicated
    I don’t totally disagree, just pointing out that the shifts/motions aren’t the complexities that cause us problems.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Oh and one more thing...

If you’re going to run the option, please for the luv of all the cute kittens and puppies in the world, make sure that the QB understands how to read the end and make the correct decision of whether to pitch or keep.

Or better yet, change out of it presnap when defense is cheated playside.
    Yeah and run a quick slant right behind those motherfuckers. Or flip the play call.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,690
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019
    NLdawg said:

TacoSoup said:

Baphomet said:

Okay, fair point.

My thoughts as well. I think there are too many reads, and ti much reliance on too many players making the same read. Theres just too much perfection required all around.

Now that the offense is starting to look like the talent is elite, or closer to elite, and spread to all position groups (especially the OL), it's time to put more reliance on your guys just being better. Run what you're good at and dare them to stop it. Even Sark was willing to go to that tactic at times rather than always trying to be the play calling genius.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019
    Browning was like watching Bo Jackson running backwards in tecmo bowl but without the touchdowns.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Eason going exactly the opposite direction Browning would go in the off season. Maybe the coaches finally allowed our QB to spend time working on his craft and preparing his body for competition.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    Meek said:

Eason going exactly the opposite direction Browning would go in the off season. Maybe the coaches finally allowed our QB to spend time working on his craft and preparing his body for competition.

Eason is the QB who gets frustrated with the play call knowing it doesn’t work and Audibles to the exact play the coaches don’t want and then throws a TD
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

#MySkinny

Discovered the zoom function on my iPhone, don’t ask what I was doing
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FirePete said:

#MySkinny

Discovered the zoom function on my iPhone, don’t ask what I was doing
    Cute earlobes huh