Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Listen Up Motherfuckers

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    In the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), a show-cause penalty is an order saying that for a set period of time, any NCAA penalties imposed on a coach involved in major rules violations at a university's athletic program will remain in force if he is hired by any other NCAA member institution. Both the school and coach are required to send letters to the NCAA agreeing to abide by any restrictions imposed, and report back to the NCAA every 6 months until the end of employment or the show-cause, whichever comes first. If the school wishes to avoid the NCAA restrictions imposed on that individual, it must appear before the NCAA Committee on Infractions and "show cause" as to why it should not be penalized for hiring him.[1] The penalty is intended to follow a coach for violations that he had a role in committing. It is the most severe penalty that can be handed down to a coach.

Contrary to popular belief, an NCAA member school is allowed to hire a coach with a show-cause order outstanding. In practice, however, the show-cause restrictions make it prohibitively difficult for a coach with a show-cause order to get another collegiate job. As mentioned above, any school that hires a coach with a show-cause order in effect can be penalized merely for doing so. Additionally, that school can face severe penalties if a coach commits another violation during the length of the penalty.[2] Consequently, most schools will not even consider hiring a coach with a show-cause penalty in effect. For this reason, a show-cause penalty usually has the effect of blackballing a coach from the collegiate ranks for the duration of the penalty. Many coaches who are given such a penalty never coach again, even after the expiration of the penalty.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    topdawgnc said:

In the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), a show-cause penalty is an order saying that for a set period of time, any NCAA penalties imposed on a coach involved in major rules violations at a university's athletic program will remain in force if he is hired by any other NCAA member institution. Both the school and coach are required to send letters to the NCAA agreeing to abide by any restrictions imposed, and report back to the NCAA every 6 months until the end of employment or the show-cause, whichever comes first. If the school wishes to avoid the NCAA restrictions imposed on that individual, it must appear before the NCAA Committee on Infractions and "show cause" as to why it should not be penalized for hiring him.[1] The penalty is intended to follow a coach for violations that he had a role in committing. It is the most severe penalty that can be handed down to a coach.

Contrary to popular belief, an NCAA member school is allowed to hire a coach with a show-cause order outstanding. In practice, however, the show-cause restrictions make it prohibitively difficult for a coach with a show-cause order to get another collegiate job. As mentioned above, any school that hires a coach with a show-cause order in effect can be penalized merely for doing so. Additionally, that school can face severe penalties if a coach commits another violation during the length of the penalty.[2] Consequently, most schools will not even consider hiring a coach with a show-cause penalty in effect. For this reason, a show-cause penalty usually has the effect of blackballing a coach from the collegiate ranks for the duration of the penalty. Many coaches who are given such a penalty never coach again, even after the expiration of the penalty.

It's about time someone took that illegal restraint of trade to court.
  • Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    I don't care anymore. Throw every fucking penny at Tressel, Miles, Dantonio, Franklin, Saban, Graham, I don't give a fuck. Just someone who isn't currently cutting their teeth as an assistant or non head coach.

This was a shitty fucking day. I officially acknowledged my apathy when we got beat out by a basketball school.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm all in for Tressell or les miles. Lsu beat the fightin Malzahns by a couple tds, but hard to see the fans there too broken up about a guy that hasnt gotten over on Saban. Pl_ss aside, the pac12 dreckfest is there fir the taking, and I could see Les as the guy to do it.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Please summarize and tailor the conversation to the poont you try to make (Tressel?). Also, try and appeal to the layperson

Chip Kelly not available until 2015
  • Options

I'm all in for Tressell or les miles. Lsu beat the fightin Malzahns by a couple tds, but hard to see the fans there too broken up about a guy that hasnt gotten over on Saban. Pl_ss aside, the pac12 dreckfest is there fir the taking, and I could see Les as the guy to do it.

@TheKobeStopper, help!
  • Options

If the LSU Half Brains I work with are any resemblance to the fan base ... "The Hat" has worn out his welcome.

Normally I would say that type of coach is toxic ... however, the fucking guy wins.
  • Options

Hire Tressel. Our first 5 games next year are the shitty non conference and one Pac 12 game. Who gives a fuck?

Scott Woodward himself could go 4-1 with that schedule.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    At what point do you offer Saban 7M, or if he turns you down, the fucking janitor (hi Keith!)
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Hire Tressel. Our first 5 games next year are the shitty non conference and one Pac 12 game. Who gives a fuck?

Someone seriously needs to get ahold of Woodward. This would be the perfect hire. Tressel > Mora.

I'm sending in Sven's $20 if we make this happen.

• Options
    WildcatHBWildcatHB Member Posts: 46
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    topdawgnc said:

tl;dr hire Tressel and Emmert drops THE HAMMER on the dub Oregon style? Sign me up.
  • Options
    Seriously if you think Emmert drops the hammer on his Pool Boy you are fucking stupid.

UW could get away with it.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Someone seriously needs to get ahold of Woodward. This would be the perfect hire. Tressel > Mora.

I'm sending in Sven's $20 if we make this happen.

I will even send in Sven's $20 if this happens.
  • Options
    On the subject of Tressel ...

He would be banned for the first 5 games ... championship games ... and bowl games.

In addition Washington would have to accept sanctions ... unless they could show cause on why they shouldn't ... much like they were able to fend off the NCAA police with James and Neuheisal.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

He would be banned for the first 5 games ... championship games ... and bowl games.

In addition Washington would have to accept sanctions ... unless they could show cause on why they shouldn't ... much like they were able to fend off the NCAA police with James and Neuheisal.

This is where you send Pool Boy back for his old intern duties in Emmert's office.

• Options
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

This is where you send Pool Boy back for his old intern duties in Emmert's office.

El oh el
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I love CollgeGeek's "thug life" post straight out of Muddlebury Virgin Tech.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

If you like eating grass, wasting timeouts, a constant barrage of fake field goals, toss dives, and pass plays from the 20 yards line with 6 seconds left in the game down by 2, then Les Miles is your man.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Petersen would be okay, but not thrilling. I'd risk the show cause to hire Tressel. what penalty are we going to get? The NCAA is toothless.

He won 80% of his games. I'd hire that dirty motherfucker and not lose a minute of sleep.