Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mosiah Nasili-Liu is taking off.

Comments

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

WTF happened? How does he go from earning an iron pup award as one of the hardest working Freshman in the weight room to getting dismissed from the team? Super hard working kid and seemed very nice and humble. This shit irritates the fuck out of me. I can't even remember the last time somebody got dismissed from the team. So what did he do? Big loss IMO.

Maybe he was working to hard in the weight room and made Haener look bad.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

WTF happened? How does he go from earning an iron pup award as one of the hardest working Freshman in the weight room to getting dismissed from the team? Super hard working kid and seemed very nice and humble. This shit irritates the fuck out of me. I can't even remember the last time somebody got dismissed from the team. So what did he do? Big loss IMO.

Azeem
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    National championships are not won with boy scouts. How does dismissing a kid from the team when he's just a RS Freshman jive with Petersen's Built for Life shit? How does giving up on him or making an example out of him for the rest of the team help him become a better man? It doesn't.

There are very few things he could have done to deserve being dismissed and I don't see any of them being in his character. Shit like smoking weed or knocking out a teammate are not worthy of being dismissed. I would like him even more if he knocked somebody out, especially if it was Van Soderberg. We need some kids with some edge on this fucking team in order to beat teams like Bama, Clemson, Georgia, and Ohio State.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Lol jesus Ballz
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    NEsnake12 said:

Azeem
    Yeah forgot about him. He didn't deserve it either. A DUI gets you dismissed from the team when he was barely over the legal limit? He was just cruisin with a little buzz. Everybody does it. That was nothing compared to ASJ accidentally going off-roading while completely wasted. We're not winning shit with nothing but choir boys. This is bullshit. Mosiah is a good dude.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    our DL depth couldn't really afford this. bad news.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I like a little edge ... As anyone would.

But whatever, Peterman is running the show and it's his way or the highway .. he gets the big bucks.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    NEsnake12 said:

National championships are not won with boy scouts. How does dismissing a kid from the team when he's just a RS Freshman jive with Petersen's Built for Life shit? How does giving up on him or making an example out of him for the rest of the team help him become a better man? It doesn't.

There are very few things he could have done to deserve being dismissed and I don't see any of them being in his character. Shit like smoking weed or knocking out a teammate is not worthy of being dismissed. I would like him even more if he knocked somebody out, especially if it was Van Soderberg. We need some kids with some edge on this fucking team in order to beat teams like Bama, Clemson, Georgia, and Ohio State.

I’m not going to baselessly speculate on what happened... but there’s plenty of indefensible shit a kid could do that warrants getting booted
    Not really. Violence against women or being the aggressor in an assault against a non-teammate or robbing someone. That's about it. It has to be something violent and fucked up and not involving fighting between teammates to warrant dismissing him from the team. If it's just for smoking weed or some stupid shit like that Petersen is being a bitch and railroading the kid to make an example out of him and it's unnecessary and will hurt us on the field.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    And y'all are a bunch of pussies too if you disagree.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Quality edit
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Petersen dismisses a really hard working, humble, and respectful kid and you idiots think he's gonna take Savell Smalls? Even by some miracle he does, how long do you think Smalls is gonna last before getting dismissed from the team for some stupid shit if a good kid like Mosiah gets dismissed? Until I see a legit reason as to why he was dismissed this is a fucking problem.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Do we have any clue what happened?

I guess I will withhold final judgement until what he did becomes known. If that makes me a pussy, so be it.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    chuck said:

Jesus SAC...jump to conclusions with limited information much?

Never mind. That's what drives 3/4 of your posts.

It takes a lot to get dismissed. It's either something really shitty, or a history of fuck ups and whatever just happened was the final straw, or a realization that the kid was on the wrong track and couldn't be reached, or something. He didn't just commit some forgivable first time offense and get the boot.

I need proof of that. I need @Sources to start leaking what the fuck happened. You don't win an iron pup award if you're being a fuck up. He also wasn't suspended for Spring ball or anything. There were no warning signs from the outside that he was fucking up at all. All signs were positive.