Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thinking outloud re: pick 'em

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,829
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I'm willing to do it in 2019, but I might cap the number at 40 or 45. For the two years I've run it, usually we start out with 50 or 60 and gradually people forget, lose interest, or give up, and it always ends up with about 15 at the end. So I don't think it's going to make a huge difference. On the other hand, it's sort of cool to get a lot of people to sign up. It's the workload that sucks.

I would simply post week 1 in late August, then it's first come, first served. I sort of slacked on the shenanigans like jokes and near nudes last year. I'll try and pick to improve this year.

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'm willing to do it in 2019, but I might cap the number at 40 or 45. For the two years I've run it, usually we start out with 50 or 60 and gradually people forget, lose interest, or give up, and it always ends up with about 15 at the end. So I don't think it's going to make a huge difference. On the other hand, it's sort of cool to get a lot of people to sign up. It's the workload that sucks.

I would simply post week 1 in late August, then it's first come, first served. I sort of slacked on the shenanigans like jokes and near nudes last year. I'll try and pick to improve this year.

FREE Wigwam membership if you twist the numbers to ensure I win.

That was supposed to be a PM
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019

Puppy has forgotten more about football than the rest of the board combined.

I don't think you realize what you're saying here.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I always liked when people flaked on pickem so I could tell them they are BANNED.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How do you do pick em? Just make an Excel, pick like 10 games, put the names at the top, all the games down the side, and then 0 or 1 as the value for whoever picked the right team after the game?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

How do you do pick em? Just make an Excel, pick like 10 games, put the names at the top, all the games down the side, and then 0 or 1 as the value for whoever picked the right team after the game?</blockquote

That would be too organized for this unorganized site - FMB forgot to mention that 50 entries were entered basically 50 different ways. We? would manage to do that with a spreadsheet also

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,543
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dont count it manually that is too much effort
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This is the type of pick em they have in Venezuela. Apags stone cold lead pipe locks of the week will offer no such restrictions. We believe in a free pick em market. The winner of the pick em should be decided by the open market and posters. The supply and demand of pick em competitors must be free from government intervention.

Don’t let Stalin and Bill tell you how to make picks. Come to the KobeStopper Cafe at the start of the year and, if I remember and feel like doing it, I probably won’t) compete in the APAGSCLPL RED WHITE AND BLUE FREEDOM FRIES PICK EM! We’ll have hot chicks, hot dogs and hot prizes.

I always win the APAG held ones. You losers are done.