Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My Half Sober Take

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
As much as I'd like to dump a can of gasoline on Woodward and light a match, I'm not blaming him for Mora saying no.

We want to believe in the "Washington Man" hype, but at the end of the day Mora is a coach who makes a living by building relationships and investing blood sweat and tears into the development of young men in hopes of birthing a proud successful product.

Watching his post game interview saturday night, it was clear to see that he LOVES his players at UCLA and he isn't going to jeopardize their development and futures by jumping ship when they need him most.

As a professional coach, how many times do you want to hit the reset button and start over before you see the final product?

Dude has it going on at UCLA, and he wants to see it through. Can't fault him, can't fault Woodward.

It's a timing issue, and we fucked up in 07, 08, 09...

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

THIS!!
  • Options
    WildcatHBWildcatHB Member Posts: 46
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Give me a fucking break. When you're the head coach of a D1 program its always a fucking timing issue, but that hasn't stopped it from happening before. Pool boy didn't have to do any god damn rocket science. Do you think if Mora was an Oregon alum Knight would have a problem getting his ass into Eugene?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think he has the exact team he wants in LA and Haden just hired our former dingleberry of a coach to his rival school. He knows he is about to wipe his ass with whatever visor-beenie Sark 'sports' for the next 3 years and be deemed a fucking legend before getting another shot at the pro game.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

As much as I'd like to dump a can of gasoline on Woodward and light a match, I'm not blaming him for Mora saying no.

We want to believe in the "Washington Man" hype, but at the end of the day Mora is a coach who makes a living by building relationships and investing blood sweat and tears into the development of young men in hopes of birthing a proud successful product.

Watching his post game interview saturday night, it was clear to see that he LOVES his players at UCLA and he isn't going to jeopardize their development and futures by jumping ship when they need him most.

As a professional coach, how many times do you want to hit the reset button and start over before you see the final product?

Dude has it going on at UCLA, and he wants to see it through. Can't fault him, can't fault Woodward.

Way to invalidate your own argument

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    The timing issue was hiring a pool boy back then and not an AD. A real AD would have gotten it done.
  • Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited December 2013
    Emmert's presence is starting to remind me of Gerberding. Gerberding built the coffin that Husky football has been lying in and people like a doogish fanbase, Sark, Ty, Turner, Emmert, Babs, and PoolBoy have been provided the hammer and nails to pretty much ensure it stays pounded shut. Hammer it shut, drop some cement in and around it, and let it float to the bottom of LW in front of that 300$ million coat of lipstick.

Does anyone have a RiP Husky Football gravestone with an appropriate epitaph?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Doogles said:

It's a timing issue, and we fucked up in 03, 07, 08, 09...

Small correction.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Doogles said:

It's a timing issue, and we fucked up in 03, 07, 08, 09...

Small correction.

Had Gilby been made interim and then Babs pulled the trigger when Mora was a DC in SF ... life would be good.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    my half sober hot take Can myles jack coach?