Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tax on ultra wealthy

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Guy I know just got a bonus check for 100k in Cali. His check after taxes was 41,300.00 The government's shouldn't get more than the worker. Ever.

Either an apocryphal tale or there’s a piece of information missing.
    Oh and how do you figure that?

37% federal, 13% state, 1.45% Medicare , 1% disability, 6.2% social security.

58.65%

That's fucking Kalifornia and the feds.
    Now I know you just completely made that story up. You just outed yourself dumbfuck.

To be in the 37% tax bracket, your income has to be over $400k. And social security ends under $130k.

But remember, sledog is not known as a liar.
    Jesus, if you really are an accountant you've gotta be the worst fucking one that I've ever talked to. I already gave you a very reasonable and easy explanation. Yes, withholding can be higher than the effective rate on bonuses for a variety of reasons. I've had it happen, was pissed, and had to go get an explanation of why it happened.

Also, are we really arguing over if something along 49% vs. 58% makes it too much? Both are too fucking much. Fucking Christ, the colonists revolted over less than 5% of their income going to taxes.
    Sledog said 6.2% social security which is impossible. He made the shit up.

Well I'd say if you don't want to pay 49% don't live in California. That's 10-13% top rate or whatever. Fuck that. In Washington, it would be about 40%. Unless the income is derived from capital gains. Then it's 20%.

Seriously. The person that gets screwed for taxes in this country is the person making $200k to $500k a year from a wage.
    Really what are the rates know it all? Everything I said is true. I'm not a lying turd like you.

I could provide proof but you'll have to pay if I do. Say $1000.00? More?
    I'll bet you $1,000 you didn't see a check for a $100,000 bonus with 6.2% social security withheld. Unless the check was in January, that's literally impossible.
    If his base was maybe $5K per month for Jan through May, it's possible to get a $100K check in June and still be under the $132,900 threshold for FICA withholding.

Not very likely - but definitely not 'literally impossible'....which, by the way, you should check yo'self on the use of 'literally' without absolute certainty.

#syntaxsuperiorityguy

Also, if he's following the withholding tables, he'll get figuratively fucked on the Fed Tax Withheld as that is based on an annualized as if he was getting that amount monthly or bi-weekly. Dude should have been in giving the payroll clerk his big salomi and axing her to override the withholding amount one time.

Tits or gtfo
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Whatever the explanation for this unusual withholding arrangement--assuming it even occurred--the explanation isn't that your pal paid $58,000+ in tax on $100,000 of income. That was your political point, and it's complete bullshit.

It's not "unusual" deductions. He has not asked for any extra money to be withheld. It is the standard tax rates and it was done as standard payroll. Has no one had a large check from there employer for overtime etc? When you get one the tax rate being applied can go up. You've never heard (all that overtime put me in a higher tax bracket this check"? Does your denial of fact know no bounds? You guys call me a liar and I call you out so if your going to double down on stupid and calling me a liar pony up! You should want to take my money.

Still time Hondo hasn't PM'd for the meet.
    Yes if they were put in a high enough tax bracket for 37% federal. Then no SS would be withheld. And you've stated twice that SS was withheld. I'm not PM shit, this is going on the board for all to see.
    Where we meeting and what time? Something near the 90 in Spokane Valley works well.
    Not a single person in the State of Washington calls it ‘the 90’.

I don't live in Washington. We call Washington folks a "pain in the ass."
    Nobody in N. Idaho or Montana calls it 'The 90" either.

Or Wyoming. Or South Dakota or...shall we go all the way to Boston?

Maybe the faggots in Minnesota - but, you know, Minnesota faggots.

The Boobie Grabber.

Why no knitted caps for him? A titty hat is much easier to knit than a pussy hat.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This is the worst 7-11 thread ever.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,849
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

This is the worst 7-11 thread ever.

Hondo can't C Corp up a grand.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Whatever the explanation for this unusual withholding arrangement--assuming it even occurred--the explanation isn't that your pal paid $58,000+ in tax on $100,000 of income. That was your political point, and it's complete bullshit.

It's not "unusual" deductions. He has not asked for any extra money to be withheld. It is the standard tax rates and it was done as standard payroll. Has no one had a large check from there employer for overtime etc? When you get one the tax rate being applied can go up. You've never heard (all that overtime put me in a higher tax bracket this check"? Does your denial of fact know no bounds? You guys call me a liar and I call you out so if your going to double down on stupid and calling me a liar pony up! You should want to take my money.

Yes if they were put in a high enough tax bracket for 37% federal. Then no SS would be withheld. And you've stated twice that SS was withheld. I'm not PM shit, this is going on the board for all to see.
    Where we meeting and what time? Something near the 90 in Spokane Valley works well.

He is a Minnesota faggot. So what is this magical name no one has yet enlightened me with? Google comes up with "Sunset highway" but I had to get more specific than I90. I have note heard anyone call it that yet.
    Lol you admit you had to Google it. When you are here. You really are dumb.
    You showing up or not? Sounds like not but fill me in big shot.
    Show my evidence you are actually near Spokane. Cause other than that. You are full of shit and I'm calling your bluff.
    Show me evidence you are in Spokane. What evidence can I possibly give you? Meet me at my favorite Chinese restaurant (they have Sushi, Japanese and some Korean and Thai) Ding How in Liberty Lake. I like the buffet at the Davenport too. Fuck you're pussy.
    STFU you've never been to ding how.
    I go there all the time. My favorite right now is the combination wonton soup. That shit is good and a meal all by itself. I'm here and you're full of shit. State line exit at the water craft inspection station? It's probably not open but how the hell would I know it's there?
    The watercraft inspection is going and has never been at the state line exit. Or close to it.

You are full of shit and googling stuff. I'll be at the valley Mall at 1:30. Go ahead and show me the bonus check from California even tho you say you are 20 minutes from Spokane valley.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hondo didn't have the GUTS to say it to his face
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:
    another black eye for oregon:
    Oregon
    Take-home pay: $127,720
    Perhaps surprisingly, Oregon residents earning $200,000 have the lowest take-home pay amount in the nation, nearly $9,000 below the national average. A combination of low deductions and personal exemptions, along with a high tax rate, are enough to do the trick. A very high rate of 9 percent kicks in at just $8,700 in earnings for a single filer, and $17,400 for a joint filer, with the top rate of 9.9 percent hitting single filers at just $125,000 in income
  • Options
    HHusky said:
    More evidence of sledogs bullshit. He said 13% California. Wouldn't take out that much unless income was over $1 million. And definitely not 6.2% social security at that income.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    YouKnowIt said:

HHusky said:
    another black eye for oregon:
    Oregon
    Take-home pay: $127,720
    Perhaps surprisingly, Oregon residents earning $200,000 have the lowest take-home pay amount in the nation, nearly $9,000 below the national average. A combination of low deductions and personal exemptions, along with a high tax rate, are enough to do the trick. A very high rate of 9 percent kicks in at just $8,700 in earnings for a single filer, and $17,400 for a joint filer, with the top rate of 9.9 percent hitting single filers at just $125,000 in income
    PUMP MY PAYCHECK, DUCK!!!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People underestimate the impact of the standard deduction increase in the Trump Tax Cuts

We are a renter society. You don't have to itemize to pay less taxes

And no one cares about your pay day loan empire @CirrhosisDawg

I'm poor and I'm trash and I'm PROUD!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

He is a Minnesota faggot. So what is this magical name no one has yet enlightened me with? Google comes up with "Sunset highway" but I had to get more specific than I90. I have note heard anyone call it that yet.
    Show my evidence you are actually near Spokane. Cause other than that. You are full of shit and I'm calling your bluff.
    Show me evidence you are in Spokane. What evidence can I possibly give you? Meet me at my favorite Chinese restaurant (they have Sushi, Japanese and some Korean and Thai) Ding How in Liberty Lake. I like the buffet at the Davenport too. Fuck you're pussy.
    I go there all the time. My favorite right now is the combination wonton soup. That shit is good and a meal all by itself. I'm here and you're full of shit. State line exit at the water craft inspection station? It's probably not open but how the hell would I know it's there?
    The watercraft inspection is going and has never been at the state line exit. Or close to it.

You are full of shit and googling stuff. I'll be at the valley Mall at 1:30. Go ahead and show me the bonus check from California even tho you say you are 20 minutes from Spokane valley.
    It sure as hell is. I ain't googling shit. Where are we meeting at the mall? Bring cash bitch.

FYI they remodeled Ding How a while back. Couldn't get my fix for a while. What proof do you have you're in Spokane? None.

I told you what I have. Stop the bullshit already.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

It sure as hell is. I ain't googling shit. Where are we meeting at the mall? Bring cash bitch.

FYI they remodeled Ding How a while back. Couldn't get my fix for a while. What proof do you have you're in Spokane? None.

You are a funny dude. No the boat inspection is not at the state line exit. Mostly because that's Washington State.

But ok! Be there at 1:30.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You are a funny dude. No the boat inspection is not at the state line exit. Mostly because that's Washington State.

No shit sherlock! It's Washington's boat inspection not Idaho's! Idaho's is at the rest stop between Post Falls and CDA. Now where at the mall are we going to meet? It's becoming obvious you are full of shit!

Would the Post Falls PD parking lot be safe enough for you cupcake?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

No shit sherlock! It's Washington's boat inspection not Idaho's! Idaho's is at the rest stop between Post Falls and CDA. Now where at the mall are we going to meet? It's becoming obvious you are full of shit!

Washington doesn't have a boat inspection at the state line either shitdick.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You're coming and we have a spot to meet or not? Quit dragging out your embarrassment. I am not kidding and I want you to pay for calling me a liar. You showing up for the bet or not?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You're coming and we have a spot to meet or not? Quit dragging out your embarrassment. I am not kidding and I want you to pay for calling me a liar. You showing up for the bet or not?
    You are no where near Spokane. Actually show some evidence of that and I'll take your $1,000 at the mall.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

You are no where near Spokane. Actually show some evidence of that and I'll take your $1,000 at the mall.
    And what evidence would you like? What can I post on a message board that you'll believe? You post something that proves you live in Spokane while your're thinking.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

And what evidence would you like? What can I post on a message board that you'll believe? You post something that proves you live in Spokane while your're thinking.
    Just post up the stub. And it's well known exactly where I live. You don't have shit and you won't be at the mall. Your story is a complete fabrication.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Just post up the stub. And it's well known exactly where I live. You don't have shit and you won't be at the mall. Your story is a complete fabrication.
    Fuck off you lightweight pussy bitch you! It's well known I live up here too. How am I going to collect my money while you hide your little burger flipping ass? You are indeed nothing but a liar.