Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tax on ultra wealthy

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,850
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Hondo does the guy's taxes

More likely, the ex-wife got the past due child support.
    There we go. Not only do you hate white people. You also hate men.

Being an indoctrinated self loathing snob is no way to go through life son.

But then you already know this.

Just trying to reconcile alleged facts with reality. I’m also willing to believe the alleged facts were simply lies.
    I'm taking bets bitch! How much shall I put you down for?
  • Options

Hello? McFlys?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Guy I know just got a bonus check for 100k in Cali. His check after taxes was 41,300.00 The government's shouldn't get more than the worker. Ever.

Either an apocryphal tale or there’s a piece of information missing.
    Oh and how do you figure that?

37% federal, 13% state, 1.45% Medicare , 1% disability, 6.2% social security.

58.65%

That's fucking Kalifornia and the feds.
    Now I know you just completely made that story up. You just outed yourself dumbfuck.

To be in the 37% tax bracket, your income has to be over $400k. And social security ends under $130k.

But remember, sledog is not known as a liar.
    Jesus, if you really are an accountant you've gotta be the worst fucking one that I've ever talked to. I already gave you a very reasonable and easy explanation. Yes, withholding can be higher than the effective rate on bonuses for a variety of reasons. I've had it happen, was pissed, and had to go get an explanation of why it happened.

Also, are we really arguing over if something along 49% vs. 58% makes it too much? Both are too fucking much. Fucking Christ, the colonists revolted over less than 5% of their income going to taxes.
    Sledog said 6.2% social security which is impossible. He made the shit up.

Well I'd say if you don't want to pay 49% don't live in California. That's 10-13% top rate or whatever. Fuck that. In Washington, it would be about 40%. Unless the income is derived from capital gains. Then it's 20%.

Seriously. The person that gets screwed for taxes in this country is the person making $200k to $500k a year from a wage.
    Really what are the rates know it all? Everything I said is true. I'm not a lying turd like you.

I could provide proof but you'll have to pay if I do. Say $1000.00? More?
    I'll bet you $1,000 you didn't see a check for a $100,000 bonus with 6.2% social security withheld. Unless the check was in January, that's literally impossible.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Guy I know just got a bonus check for 100k in Cali. His check after taxes was 41,300.00 The government's shouldn't get more than the worker. Ever.

58.65%

Now I know you just completely made that story up. You just outed yourself dumbfuck.

To be in the 37% tax bracket, your income has to be over $400k. And social security ends under $130k.

Jesus, if you really are an accountant you've gotta be the worst fucking one that I've ever talked to. I already gave you a very reasonable and easy explanation. Yes, withholding can be higher than the effective rate on bonuses for a variety of reasons. I've had it happen, was pissed, and had to go get an explanation of why it happened.

Also, are we really arguing over if something along 49% vs. 58% makes it too much? Both are too fucking much. Fucking Christ, the colonists revolted over less than 5% of their income going to taxes.

Well I'd say if you don't want to pay 49% don't live in California. That's 10-13% top rate or whatever. Fuck that. In Washington, it would be about 40%. Unless the income is derived from capital gains. Then it's 20%.

Seriously. The person that gets screwed for taxes in this country is the person making $200k to $500k a year from a wage.
    Really what are the rates know it all? Everything I said is true. I'm not a lying turd like you.

I'll bet you $1,000 you didn't see a check for a $100,000 bonus with 6.2% social security withheld. Unless the check was in January, that's literally impossible.
    Check was very recent. OK where we meeting. Bring cash. Show cash and I'll show you my proof. You're in Spokane right? Tomorrow? I'll have cash. Unless my math is wrong $6,200.00 is 6.2% of 100,000.00.

You bringing HH? I can cover a lot more than a grand.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,200
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2019
    Whatever was withheld , your pal wasn’t taxed at 59% on it. To say otherwise is retarded. I’m not going to take your money, Mall Cop.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

58.65%

If his base was maybe $5K per month for Jan through May, it's possible to get a $100K check in June and still be under the $132,900 threshold for FICA withholding.

Not very likely - but definitely not 'literally impossible'....which, by the way, you should check yo'self on the use of 'literally' without absolute certainty.

#syntaxsuperiorityguy

Also, if he's following the withholding tables, he'll get figuratively fucked on the Fed Tax Withheld as that is based on an annualized as if he was getting that amount monthly or bi-weekly. Dude should have been in giving the payroll clerk his big salomi and axing her to override the withholding amount one time.

• Options
    HHusky said:

Whatever was withheld , your pal wasn’t taxed at 59% on it. To say otherwise is retarded. I’m not going to take your money, Mall Cop.

No bet HH? Who's the retard if you're turning down a sure win?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

58.65%

Check was very recent. OK where we meeting. Bring cash. Show cash and I'll show you my proof. You're in Spokane right? Tomorrow? I'll have cash. Unless my math is wrong $6,200.00 is 6.2% of 100,000.00.

I'm in Vermont at the moment. But yes, bring the check and stub to Spokane on Thursday. I'll be there.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

58.65%

If his base was maybe $5K per month for Jan through May, it's possible to get a $100K check in June and still be under the $132,900 threshold for FICA withholding.

Not very likely - but definitely not 'literally impossible'....which, by the way, you should check yo'self on the use of 'literally' without absolute certainty.

#syntaxsuperiorityguy

Also, if he's following the withholding tables, he'll get figuratively fucked on the Fed Tax Withheld as that is based on an annualized as if he was getting that amount monthly or bi-weekly. Dude should have been in giving the payroll clerk his big salomi and axing her to override the withholding amount one time.

Yes you are correct. But what person do you know makes $60k a year and gets a bonus in June for $100k? You could say a small business owner with a C Corp election. But then you wouldn't bonus yourself, you'd do a distribution and no taxes would be withheld. Or if they were withheld. They wouldn't be employment taxes. That's the whole point of the c Corp election.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

58.65%

I'm in Vermont at the moment. But yes, bring the check and stub to Spokane on Thursday. I'll be there.
    I'll bring a pic and I'm too old to photo shop. Bring cash.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I guess if your pal figured out how to pay $59,000 tax on $100,000 of income, I must be the retard.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

I guess if your pal figured out how to pay $59,000 tax on $100,000 of income, I must be the retard.
    Can't back up your mouth. Expected. Hondo will bail out any minute.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Well, keep us posted.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Well, keep us posted.
    He said he'll be in Spokane on Thursday.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Well, keep us posted.
    Third person? OK lets get it done.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

58.65%

Bad news. Going to the Mall to pick up some cheap cologne at the Burlington coat factory doesn’t mean you’re in Vermont.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Well, keep us posted.
    Suppose he has what he claims. Sled’s whole deal is that the government took 59%. But the withholding is done by his pal’s employer, and employers will withhold more if asked. If Sled has the goods, that’s the explanation, I suspect.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    HHusky said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Well, keep us posted.
    Suppose he has what he claims. Sled’s whole deal is that the government took 59%. But the withholding is done by his pal’s employer, and employers will withhold more if asked. If Sled has the goods, that’s the explanation, I suspect.
    Who'd lie about this? The person paid did not ask for extra withholding either. I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I'm not a liar nor do I fabricate Bullshit stories.