Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tax on ultra wealthy

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,402
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

Those who play by the rules but favor changing the rules are always told they could just volunteer to play by the rules they favor. It’s a stupid response. They want billionaires like yourself to pay more too.
    Its not a stupid response. It is just inconvenient to your weak assed argument. No one is stopping those greedy uber rich liberals from giving it all away. Why don't they? Because middle to upper middle class is for the little people. Soros isn't going to kill his lifestyle. He knows it, I know it but you evidently haven't figured that out yet. You don't mind if we don't wait around until you do, do you?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Those who play by the rules but favor changing the rules are always told they could just volunteer to play by the rules they favor. It’s a stupid response. They want billionaires like yourself to pay more too.
    Yeah it's "stupid" because it exposes you for the hypocrites and frauds you are. You can have exactly what you want right now. There is nothing stopping you and every other person who wants to pay more in taxes from writing a check to the government right now. I on the other hand, want lower taxes and if I decide on my own to start paying less in taxes I'll have the power of the state come down on my head and force me to pay my taxes, there's nothing I can do about it.

You want higher taxes? Start paying them now O'Keefed. You can have exactly what you want today, but you won't do it because you're a fraud. You don't want to pay higher taxes, you want other people to pay higher taxes.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Yeah it's "stupid" because it exposes you for the hypocrites and frauds you are. You can have exactly what you want right now. There is nothing stopping you and every other person who wants to pay more in taxes from writing a check to the government right now. I on the other hand, want lower taxes and if I decide on my own to start paying less in taxes I'll have the power of the state come down on my head and force me to pay my taxes, there's nothing I can do about it.

You want higher taxes? Start paying them now O'Keefed. You can have exactly what you want today, but you won't do it because you're a fraud. You don't want to pay higher taxes, you want other people to pay higher taxes.
    Like you even pay taxes.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Hondo thinks that was some sort of brilliant response.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

Hondo thinks that was some sort of brilliant response.

Given the fact that Hondo routinely says shit like this:

A lot of college graduates defer their student loans indefinitely.

in comparison that comment was brilliant.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Hondo how can you be so fucking wrong about everything?

You're like pump when it comes to football
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want to give more to the poor but I need to be forced to at gunpoint

Fucking brilliant
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,026
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Guy I know just got a bonus check for 100k in Cali. His check after taxes was 41,300.00 The government's shouldn't get more than the worker. Ever.

Either an apocryphal tale or there’s a piece of information missing.
    Oh and how do you figure that?

37% federal, 13% state, 1.45% Medicare , 1% disability, 6.2% social security.

58.65%

That's fucking Kalifornia and the feds.
    Now I know you just completely made that story up. You just outed yourself dumbfuck.

To be in the 37% tax bracket, your income has to be over $400k. And social security ends under $130k.

But remember, sledog is not known as a liar.
    Fuck off true story. Except I thought it was a bonus. It wasn't. Those are the deductions on the fucking check I saw it myself. Fuck off again!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Guy I know just got a bonus check for 100k in Cali. His check after taxes was 41,300.00 The government's shouldn't get more than the worker. Ever.

58.65%

Now I know you just completely made that story up. You just outed yourself dumbfuck.

To be in the 37% tax bracket, your income has to be over $400k. And social security ends under $130k.

Jesus, if you really are an accountant you've gotta be the worst fucking one that I've ever talked to. I already gave you a very reasonable and easy explanation. Yes, withholding can be higher than the effective rate on bonuses for a variety of reasons. I've had it happen, was pissed, and had to go get an explanation of why it happened.

Also, are we really arguing over if something along 49% vs. 58% makes it too much? Both are too fucking much. Fucking Christ, the colonists revolted over less than 5% of their income going to taxes.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

blob, I already pay higher taxes than you do and I'll bet I give away more too. I am proposing to pay even more than I already do in taxes; you can pay a little more too. That's how a society works.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

58.65%

Jesus, if you really are an accountant you've gotta be the worst fucking one that I've ever talked to. I already gave you a very reasonable and easy explanation. Yes, withholding can be higher than the effective rate on bonuses for a variety of reasons. I've had it happen, was pissed, and had to go get an explanation of why it happened.

Also, are we really arguing over if something along 49% vs. 58% makes it too much? Both are too fucking much. Fucking Christ, the colonists revolted over less than 5% of their income going to taxes.
    The colonists should have just gotten on the interstate and had their social security checks forwarded.
  • Options

Fucking brilliant

The poor isn't where any large percentage of our tax dollars go.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

blob, I already pay higher taxes than you do and I'll bet I give away more too. I am proposing to pay even more than I already do in taxes; you can pay a little more too. That's how a society works.
    You can donate more and not try and force everyone else to pay more. Just pit some big numbers in the donation box on the tax form. Or they have to force you to give?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

You can donate more and not try and force everyone else to pay more. Just pit some big numbers in the donation box on the tax form. Or they have to force you to give?
    Private charity isn't a substitute for paying for your demands on us, Mall Cop.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Private charity isn't a substitute for paying for your demands on us, Mall Cop.
    I make no demands and you pay none of my retirement. HTH
  • Options
    Mall Cop: "I make no demands and you pay none of my retirement. HTH"

True. You don't really have to demand, do you? You're welcome.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

58.65%

Bonuses are described as supplemental income and federal withholding are 22% as long as the bonus is under a mill no matter the amount. We get a fair share of our income from year end bonuses which can exceed base salary in good years so deal with this annually.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

58.65%

Fuck off true story. Except I thought it was a bonus. It wasn't. Those are the deductions on the fucking check I saw it myself. Fuck off again!
    STFU liar. "Saw the check myself" is that like you watching someone pull out a food stamp at a grocery store? No one getting a $100k bonus gets it from a check anymore.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

58.65%

Sledog said 6.2% social security which is impossible. He made the shit up.

Well I'd say if you don't want to pay 49% don't live in California. That's 10-13% top rate or whatever. Fuck that. In Washington, it would be about 40%. Unless the income is derived from capital gains. Then it's 20%.

Seriously. The person that gets screwed for taxes in this country is the person making $200k to $500k a year from a wage.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking brilliant
    HHusky said:

Fucking brilliant

The poor isn't where any large percentage of our tax dollars go.
    Who said it was?

Is the idea of giving money not extorted from you by the government for corrupt purposes that foreign to you?

Write a fucking check