Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WOOF

13»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,990
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bit too young but closer than I liked

My post was in the spirit of the others

Just messing around

My daddy graduated UW in June 1968. Shitty timing to be a PolySci major, frat bro without job prospects.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

AEB said:

Getting sent to ‘Nam with no flak jackets due to crappy diplomacy kinda sucked.

Baghdad in the summer, with a helmet, pack, flak, and 40lbs of SAPI plates sucked ass.
    Afghanistan in the winter, with the same set up, was ok.
    Yup. Baghdad is without a doubt a shithole. But 50k Americans KIA vs 4K is astounding. One KIA is a massive loss, a loss of a potential meaningful contributor to society to the world. 50k ambushed, booby-trapped, fighting in the jungle, venereal disease... man mind-boggling
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,981
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USMChawk said:

AEB said:

Baghdad in the summer, with a helmet, pack, flak, and 40lbs of SAPI plates sucked ass.
    TYFYS, heart felt.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,582
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USMChawk said:

AEB said:

USMChawk said:

AEB said:

Yup. Baghdad is without a doubt a shithole. But 50k Americans KIA vs 4K is astounding. One KIA is a massive loss, a loss of a potential meaningful contributor to society to the world. 50k ambushed, booby-trapped, fighting in the jungle, venereal disease... man mind-boggling
    Believe me I’m not complaining about Iraq vs Vietnam. Vietnam was a meat grinder and I’m glad I wasn’t old enough to go there. That said, you had hookers and booze, so... tie?
    Post moore.