Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An Actual Win for America

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,756
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

salemcoog said:

I’m sorry, how is the government forcing businesses to do something, through regulations, a win for the free market?

When you buy a car or a house or in your case, a dildo, you know what the price of it is. The whole price, out the door. Why shouldn't hospitals and health providers have to show what their prices are?
    They do if you pay cash. Show may not be accurate. You have to ask and sometimes be a dick about it which I can be. Most people with insurance don't care which is a big part of the problem
    The last tim I went into an urgency care I had insurance. They REFUSED to tell me what my out of pocket cost would be until after I saw the physician. We fought about it too.

Fuck them. And fuck Hondo for excusing the behavior.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

I’m sorry, how is the government forcing businesses to do something, through regulations, a win for the free market?

When you buy a car or a house or in your case, a dildo, you know what the price of it is. The whole price, out the door. Why shouldn't hospitals and health providers have to show what their prices are?
    Same for medical insurance. Why do you support repealing Obamacare and getting rid of the exchanges?
    Because it will be cheaper.

But of course you know that since you're here #clockworkshilling for the big medical insurance companies.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So you're against Transparency and informed consumers?

You Authoritarian Nanny State types crack me up.
    You’re arguing that the government should force businesses to do something, that they don’t want to do, in order to protect the customers while calling me an authoritarian nanny state type. You’re literally brain dead.
    I think consumers are better at making informed decisions than bureaucrats. So I'm all about transparency, yes.

In your world, the government operates secretly, hand-in-hand with business, while hiding information from consumers. No, I don't like that.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

Same for medical insurance. Why do you support repealing Obamacare and getting rid of the exchanges?

But of course you know that since you're here #clockworkshilling for the big medical insurance companies.

No it won't be cheaper. In any way.

And fuck insurance companies. I wish they'd all just die.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

HRYK.
  • Options
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

HRYK.
    The only thing that is clear is that neither of you understand how economics (s&d) and markets work.

Your more-government utopia is what is keeping markets monopolized (which only benefits the producer) and artificially high.

So if this is going to be your position and a hill you want to die on, both of you should gag on a cock. I expect that want from Hondo, not from you.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,864
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Leftards keep trying to repeal gravity. Why does Lasik eye surgery and plastic surgery keep getting better and cheaper? It’s almost like capitalism works. Why do I see more Dr. Dahrm commercials than I do for Blue Cross? Hell, I hear more Leif auto repair commercials than all the medical insurers put together. Leftards keep thinking that the VA should be the model for my health care.
  • Options
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

HRYK.
    The only thing that is clear is that neither of you understand how economics (s&d) and markets work.

Your more-government utopia is what is keeping markets monopolized (which only benefits the producer) and artificially high.

So if this is going to be your position and a hill you want to die on, both of you should gag on a cock. I expect that want from Hondo, not from you.
    Except health Care is not a free market. Eradicating cancer from a patient is not like buying a pickup. A large portion of medical procedures you don't have a choice in. Which changes the dynamics compared to a free market.

Wrap your mind around that concept and you'll see why the market is better with government intervention.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

HRYK.

Except health Care is not a free market. Eradicating cancer from a patient is not like buying a pickup. A large portion of medical procedures you don't have a choice in. Which changes the dynamics compared to a free market.

Wrap your mind around that concept and you'll see why the market is better with government intervention.
    Ah yes the "concept." You're right, healthcare in this country currently isn't a free market but not for the reasons your pea sized brain has come up with. Cancer treatment is definitely a service that can be provided and market forces can come into play. They don't currently because of the 3rd party payer system that we have in this country. Your phony comparison of pickup truck shopping and cancer shopping is just the standard Hondo strawman ass fuck because you're both stupid and dishonest.

Second of all I'd challenge your assertion that a "large portion" of medical procedures don't involve a choice. Got a link for that because I know it's a claim you pulled squarely out of your ignorant ass. But even if that were the case, how would not having a "choice" make healthcare not part of the free market?

Just because I have to have a medical procedure done doesn't mean there can't be a market that provides that procedure.

Your spinning pure crap as usual.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

HRYK.

What you're failing to describe is called Elasticity of Demand. We? would expect even a fake-CPA to know what that is called.

There are other choices.

The Medical Mafia - who you've been shilling for since the beginning - does not want the people to have any other choices. This would cause demand to be more elastic and prices to come down.

The White House's plan to expose cost thus gives people real options. Which you are so clearly against.

Your continuance to #clockworkshill for the mafia makes you an enemy of the people.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

HRYK.

What you're failing to describe is called Elasticity of Demand. We? would expect even a fake-CPA to know what that is called.

There are other choices.

The Medical Mafia - who you've been shilling for since the beginning - does not want the people to have any other choices. This would cause demand to be more elastic and prices to come down.

The White House's plan to expose cost thus gives people real options. Which you are so clearly against.

Your continuance to #clockworkshill for the mafia makes you an enemy of the people.

You don't read well. Our current medical system is shit. Whoever thought medical insurance tied to employment was a good idea should be shot. Then whoever thought that medical insurance should have preferred providers and your out of pocket costs vary greatly depending on whether the doctor is in network or out needs to have their balls clipped.

That's what the "free market" has provided us and it's shit. Your desire to get the government completely out of it will make problems worse. And knowing what all the prices are won't change anything really. I choose the provider that's going to do the best job.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,203
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Medical insurance tied to employment worked great for me for 30 years. I am so fucking glad that morons like Obama and hondo fixed it.

I had our whole family covered at no out of pocket because they were THANKFUL to have me

Getting the government more involved made it far worse
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Anyone criticizing this move is a dipshit. It's not a fucking magic bullet, but giving at least a semblance of transparency to healthcare pricing is a slam dunk no-brainer. Maybe there will be a hint of market rationality now that providers will know what other providers are billing insurance for and vice versa.
  • Options

Leftards keep trying to repeal gravity. Why does Lasik eye surgery and plastic surgery keep getting better and cheaper? It’s almost like capitalism works. Why do I see more Dr. Dahrm commercials than I do for Blue Cross? Hell, I hear more Leif auto repair commercials than all the medical insurers put together. Leftards keep thinking that the VA should be the model for my health care.

This is a great point. Lasik, which is often outside the scope of insurance-based healthcare, continues to get cheaper. Providers actually advertise their prices and compete directly with customers. And whaddya know, the free market created an affordable service that isn't clouded by insurance bullshit.
    Again you are talking about a completely elective procedure. The high medical costs in our country is not based on elective procedures.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

This is a great point. Lasik, which is often outside the scope of insurance-based healthcare, continues to get cheaper. Providers actually advertise their prices and compete directly with customers. And whaddya know, the free market created an affordable service that isn't clouded by insurance bullshit.
    Again you are talking about a completely elective procedure. The high medical costs in our country is not based on elective procedures.
    What medical procedures aren't elective?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

Nobody said it was?

The point is that lasik is a microcosm of what most routine healthcare should look like. Providers negotiating with customers and full price transparency, without the stench of the flawed insurance model.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

HRYK.

There are other choices.

You don't read well. Our current medical system is shit. Whoever thought medical insurance tied to employment was a good idea should be shot. Then whoever thought that medical insurance should have preferred providers and your out of pocket costs vary greatly depending on whether the doctor is in network or out needs to have their balls clipped.

That's what the "free market" has provided us and it's shit. Your desire to get the government completely out of it will make problems worse. And knowing what all the prices are won't change anything really. I choose the provider that's going to do the best job.
    Hondo is so fucking ignorant he thinks that medical insurance tied to employment was something the "free market" came up with.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

HRYK.

There are other choices.

Hondo is so fucking ignorant he thinks that medical insurance tied to employment was something the "free market" came up with.
    Is not ignorance, it's deceit.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

HRYK.

There are other choices.

Is not ignorance, it's deceit.
    With Hondo it's always hard to tell where his dishonesty stops and where his ignorance starts. Lets play it safe, it's both.