Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What do you think a recruiting analyst makes with the services?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bout tree fiddy

Bout Free Tiddy
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Absolute scraps. Being a generic sportswriter for ESPN (with no air time) probably doesn't even get you $100k. And covering recruiting is bottom barrel shit for sportswriters, so they get way less. There's a reason Kim had to do real estate on the side. I won't be surprised if the next Uber I jump in is driven by Eklund.

Back in 2010 I talked to Kim & Eklund at a spring practice. Kim claimed he no longer did real estate but still had his license in case someone called him.

that girl is so hot.
    which one?

"whatever" girl?
    far back "whaaaaa?" girl?
    or "yaaaaaaaaa...." girl to the right?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bout tree fiddy

Bout Free Tiddy
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Absolute scraps. Being a generic sportswriter for ESPN (with no air time) probably doesn't even get you $100k. And covering recruiting is bottom barrel shit for sportswriters, so they get way less. There's a reason Kim had to do real estate on the side. I won't be surprised if the next Uber I jump in is driven by Eklund.

Back in 2010 I talked to Kim & Eklund at a spring practice. Kim claimed he no longer did real estate but still had his license in case someone called him.

that girl is so hot.
    Not even the hottest girl in the gif
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

that girl is so hot.
    Nah, look at how her thick upper arms transition into her hump. Too many Ho Ho’s.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

that girl is so hot.
    Nah, look at how her thick upper arms transition into her hump. Too many Ho Ho’s.
    If we are gonna bash Ho Ho's I am fucking out!
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I'm not saying they are rolling in dough, but TBSing is something a stupid amount of people care about. I'd bet the main TBSers are making more than Joe shmo ESPN covering "Other Sports".
    Follow the money. ESPN has divested heavily in recruiting, to the point where they're almost an afterthought. Now maybe they're just practicing shitty business (not an outlandish thought), but I don't think they would've done that if there were enough eyes and ad dollars on their recruiting pages.
    I know @BuffBuffPass subscribes to ESPN+ or whatever it used to be called to get insider articles access mainly about recruiting. He's probably not the only one shelling out specifically for that part of the package.

I also think there is shitty business practice in play by ESPN, they dominate every corner of the sports world except for Recruiting. 247 is way ahead.
    I pay for ESPN+ for the streaming content, not for the recruiting content. I haven't looked at ESPN recruiting stuff in a decade, mostly because it was garbage.