Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anthony Davis to the Lakers

1235»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

I think some of you don’t realize how bad the west is. The Blazers made the conference finals for Christ’s sake.

Utah just traded for Conley, I think they’re the only team with a prayer of beating the Lakers right now.

Yep the Eastern Conference Finals will be for the ring next year, the west is bad.

I think you're over estimating how much LeBron has left.

Guess we'll have to LIFPO.
    How bout those Celtics!!

If Kawhi leaves it's the Bucks and everyone else

No tuffer than the west

Sixers took the Raptors to 7. A healthy Embiid is dangerous.
    He is. But it's a big if at this point

I put the Sixers in the show me category.

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

I think some of you don’t realize how bad the west is. The Blazers made the conference finals for Christ’s sake.

Utah just traded for Conley, I think they’re the only team with a prayer of beating the Lakers right now.

Yep the Eastern Conference Finals will be for the ring next year, the west is bad.

How bout those Celtics!!

No tuffer than the west

Sixers had very few games with the big 4.

If they retain that core and draft some solid role players, they will be really good. Zhaire Smith will have a healthy season which could be a big key.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

How bout those Celtics!!

No tuffer than the west
    But, But Philly is primed to take that next step !!!!!!!

Embiid's tears were real!!!!!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Sixers remind me of when OKC had Durant. Always good, always a threat, but Embiid’s health and too many roster questions make it hard to believe in them.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Sixers are fascinating historically

Some of the greatest teams to never win a title and some of the all time worst teams

I believe they have two rings all time. One with Wilt and one with Moses and the Doctor. They famously lost the 76 title to Walton and the Blazers with a super team.

They had Wilt but faced the Russell Celtics every year

The 80's team faced Larry and Magic

They had a nine win season
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

How bout those Celtics!!

No tuffer than the west

The sixers remind me of team from you want if you're playing a video game, but the pieces don't really mesh realistically on the court. Part of the sixers problem is obviously injuries, but that is a reality if you can't stay healthy in the playoffs.

All that comes with Lebron

Like 8 straight Finals

I’ve said LeBron is the best player of all time at his peak, but he needs someone to tell him to fuck off when needed. That’s not happening in LA.

He didn’t in Cleveland, but he played in the East when it was shitty and he was in his peak years.
    This is where I think there is daylight between @RaceBannon and @dnc. Lebron could have won more finals if the GM was able to build a team on skills and not just on who Bron' wanted to hang out with. Kevin Love was a terrible use of assets, as were so many other signings. It was basically lebron carrying a team on his back in the playoffs until Kyrie showed up. If they had a stronger front office they could have built a better team with all the salary cap implications that Bron's camp likely never hashed out.

Granted, you could also say if you didn't give him control, he would have told Cleveland to fuck off and he's taking his talent to the city which will let him choose his squad.

I just can see how having a strong front office could have afforded him a much better roster.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Like 8 straight Finals

I’ve said LeBron is the best player of all time at his peak, but he needs someone to tell him to fuck off when needed. That’s not happening in LA.

He didn’t in Cleveland, but he played in the East when it was shitty and he was in his peak years.
    This is where I think there is daylight between @RaceBannon and @dnc. Lebron could have won more finals if the GM was able to build a team on skills and not just on who Bron' wanted to hang out with. Kevin Love was a terrible use of assets, as were so many other signings. It was basically lebron carrying a team on his back in the playoffs until Kyrie showed up. If they had a stronger front office they could have built a better team with all the salary cap implications that Bron's camp likely never hashed out.

Granted, you could also say if you didn't give him control, he would have told Cleveland to fuck off and he's taking his talent to the city which will let him choose his squad.

I just can see how having a strong front office could have afforded him a much better roster.
    I don't disagree but Lebron trading Wiggens for Love got Cleveland the title. That was Love's finest moment and Wiggens is pretty much a disappointment.

I also think Tyrone Lieu got a raw deal by not getting hired because he is perceived to be Lebron's guy.

The rest of the Cleveland time was a waste of time

To your point and @RoadDawg55 and @dnc when Lebron was in Miami Pat Reilly was the boss and when Lebron wanted Spoelstra fired he was told to LEAVE the office

Those were the best teams he played on

The Lakers should have swallowed their pride and got Jerry West back to build the team for Lebron IMO
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The sixers will break through if Simmons works at his jumpshot. Imagine the room Embiid would have If Simmons could hit 35% from outside.

The fact he's not even attempting threes his 3rd year into the league points to his jumper development being unlikely. But that's the key for them.
    Doogles said:

The sixers will break through if Simmons works at his jumpshot. Imagine the room Embiid would have If Simmons could hit 35% from outside.

The fact he's not even attempting threes his 3rd year into the league points to his jumper development being unlikely. But that's the key for them.

so the chance that it develops if he isn't concerned about it by year 3 seems unlikely. Or better yet, if they can't even get a guy to be able to shoot better than a 10yr old(mr Fultz), i doubt they are building simmons into a threat.

Like 8 straight Finals

To your point and @RoadDawg55 and @dnc when Lebron was in Miami Pat Reilly was the boss and when Lebron wanted Spoelstra fired he was told to LEAVE the office

Those were the best teams he played on

The Lakers should have swallowed their pride and got Jerry West back to build the team for Lebron IMO
    The key to lebron would be having someone with the track record and name to tell him to FO or GTFO. A green GM isn't going to have the balls to do that, and the lakers surely don't have that sitting in the office now. Too bad the lakers can't get riley back, what a sweet homecoming that would be!

The Sixers are fascinating historically

Some of the greatest teams to never win a title and some of the all time worst teams

I believe they have two rings all time. One with Wilt and one with Moses and the Doctor. They famously lost the 76 title to Walton and the Blazers with a super team.

They had Wilt but faced the Russell Celtics every year

The 80's team faced Larry and Magic

They had a nine win season

*-'77
    Doogles said:

If the Sixers breakthrough to even the ECF hangs on Ben Simmons developing a jumpshot, they may as well do a cap clear right now.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649

Doogles said:

so the chance that it develops if he isn't concerned about it by year 3 seems unlikely. Or better yet, if they can't even get a guy to be able to shoot better than a 10yr old(mr Fultz), i doubt they are building simmons into a threat.
    If you can't shoot at 22 years old, you can't shoot.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Doogles said:

Kawhi disagrees
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Kawhi disagrees
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tO-9Xvymw0

Wrong.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Kawhi disagrees
    Blake Griffin is a better example, didn't shoot at all early in his career and shot 36% from 3 last season. He's really polished his game over the last few seasons, just plays on a mediocre team
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Kawhi disagrees
    Blake Griffin is a better example, didn't shoot at all early in his career and shot 36% from 3 last season. He's really polished his game over the last few seasons, just plays on a mediocre team
    There are examples but the issue is they’re outliers. Jason Kidd is another guy that couldn’t shoot at the start of his career. But the guys that couldn’t shoot and never became shooters is everybody else.