Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anthony Davis to the Lakers

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

I expect them to heavily pursue Kemba Walker Mr Leonard in free agency

They don’t have a point guard after this trade

I would much rather have a guy like Leonard and then go out and sign a ricky rubio than take walker. Walker is a good PG, but Leonard is on another planet(obviously) as a player. There are some PG's out there that don't need to shoot who will be available and want to play with a lineup of bron/davis/leonard

The $ may still be an issue in getting a 3rd star to come to LA.

They will be “linked” to every FA in the top 15 now(just like they have been all summer). My point was there are plenty of good pgs out there to add at a much smaller rat who don’t need to shoot. They still need an elite wing defender so that bron doesn’t get pummeled on both ends
    3 and D guys get paid in this era of the NBA. It'll be a $$ crunch for the Lakers to get more than one good one.

Would you rather have a 3rd all star who can help carry the team... or some combo like Danny Green + Rodney Hood for the same $$?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If they spend the rest of their cap space on a Kemba type of player, then all they have left to offer is the ~ $5M mid-level exception.

And people thought that the Warriors bench was bad
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

Tequilla said:

LBJ + Davis + Kemba is basically a West Semifinalist at best ... no depth

Shut the fuck up lol
    I get a little tingle up my leg at the thought of it still somehow not working out and failing spectacularly.

Missing the playoffs for whatever reason. AD walking after not signing a long term contract. Lebron retiring or finally showing the mileage and going off the the Spurs. The Pelicans becoming a legit team with Lonzo, Jrue, Ingram, Zion, and Culver plus 2 more years of early first round picks.

All 3 pelicans fans should be rooting harder for a Lebron injury than for their team to win next year.
    I actually own a Pelicans hat.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I’m seeing a number of people saying the Lakers got fleeced. Not the case.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    That’s what Rob P saving face looks like.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

This is some sort of media bullshit for trying to talk up the deal. They gave up a pg who can’t shoot, a good player in Ingram but also has a recent blood clot issue. Then 3 1round picks, which sounds sexy but two of them will be garbage after this year unless an earthquake destroys la and takes unibrow and bron with it.

This years pick may sting, but you have to give up “something” to get a top 5 player in the league. From the surface they gave up one decent guy, one good guy and an unknown in the draft who won’t be ready for a year or two to help bron.

I think the pelicans did what they could for a guy who wasn’t resigning. Their young group along with Zion is about as good as you’re going to get in NO.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This is some sort of media bullshit for trying to talk up the deal. They gave up a pg who can’t shoot, a good player in Ingram but also has a recent blood clot issue. Then 3 1round picks, which sounds sexy but two of them will be garbage after this year unless an earthquake destroys la and takes unibrow and bron with it.

This years pick may sting, but you have to give up “something” to get a top 5 player in the league. From the surface they gave up one decent guy, one good guy and an unknown in the draft who won’t be ready for a year or two to help bron.

I think the pelicans did what they could for a guy who wasn’t resigning. Their young group along with Zion is about as good as you’re going to get in NO.
    Not sure this years pick will sting that much either. Big drop this year from 1 to 2 and another big deal from 3 to 4. If they gave up a top 3 pick then ya but this is a weak draft outside 3
  • Options
    GDS said:

Not sure this years pick will sting that much either. Big drop this year from 1 to 2 and another big deal from 3 to 4. If they gave up a top 3 pick then ya but this is a weak draft outside 3
    Hunter or Culver are laughing all the way to Mr, B’s.

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    DawgFader said:

GDS said:

DawgFader said:

GDS said:

I think you just made his point. Both Culver and Hunter play SF which are positions the lakers have set up. I guess if someone has a hard on for Garland, but he didn't even make a season in college so he's just as big of a ? as all of them. After Zion, Ja and RJ, there isn't one player that rises above the rest. Pretty much anyone from 4-10 could be interchanged. That isn't what I would call a quality draft.
  • Options
    Not sure about both being SF’s. Sounds like they want to trade the pick for Markkanen, no clue why the Bulls would but maybe they feel they need Garland enough to make that trade.

My point is either Culver (SG) or Hunter (PF) is the pick and both are high ceiling guys.

All I was saying is that one of them will be eating Mr. B’s BBQ Shrimp.
  • Options
    If the Pels, er Sonics, can flip the 4th pick for Markannen that’d be tremendous
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

They didn’t give up that much. Ingram is overrated and a year away from having to give him a big contract. Once he has that contract, it will be a burden.

I do think Ball, Holliday, and Zion will do well together though.
  • Options
    Ingram hasn’t done shit to earn that contract as of now ... he shouldn’t get a max
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ingram also has a similar condition to Chris Bosh.
  • Options

Ingram also has a similar condition to Chris Bosh.

The HIV ???
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,463
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All of those Laker players were trash except Kuzma. It's not *just* because he was pumping the owner.

This makers the Lakers a good candidate to lose to Portland or Denver in 7. Nice.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Lakers don't lose to Portland or Denver
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,463
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Lakers don't lose to Portland or Denver if LeBron's in his prime.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Neither of these teams have anyone that can shoot. Ball and holiday with Zion is a clank fest. Lbj and Davis is a legit combo but they are in dire need of catch and shoot players.

The lakers were a good but not great squad before Lbj and his agency ruined their entire chemistry last year. Other than ad it seems most free agents have been looking to stay away from the lakers. No agent is going to steer his client to the lakers with rich paul around the facility and team plane all the time and James recruiting them to his own company.

Either way it will be interesting to se who is dying to be a laker.