Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The most cost-effective way to help the homeless is to give them homes

2»

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    USMChawk said:

SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

Its cost effective, so I'm actually conservative. Please don't assume my political affiliation.

Yeah, it's cost effective to give people a home that they will then shortly destroy thus necessitating the cost of another home. People that shit in the fucking street and do drugs all day, make for very responsible home owners and tenets
    Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

Its cost effective, so I'm actually conservative. Please don't assume my political affiliation.

Yeah, it's cost effective to give people a home that they will then shortly destroy thus necessitating the cost of another home. People that shit in the fucking street and do drugs all day, make for very responsible home owners and tenets
    Conjecture.
    Go take a look at any reservation; subsidized housing was provided and most of it is falling apart from lack of maintenance. People don’t respect what they don’t earn; that’s human nature.
    You've had to have lived a pretty fucking sheltered up bring to not know this.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    Swaye's Wigwam

What a great idea. I wonder why no one has thought of that before.

End thred.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

What a great idea. I wonder why no one has thought of that before.

End thred.
    If you were forced to live in public housing who's population was made up of homeless people who where just given "free" housing by the state those kind of projects would seem like a suburban paradise.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

Bob would be dead within a week.

Yeah, the guy who has worked full time since he was 13 years old, has lived on my own since I was 16, put myself through college, and have worked pretty much ever since I graduated from college with the longest period I've ever not had a job being two weeks when I first moved to LA, I just wouldn't know how to survive.

I'd say the teat sucking liberal who wants the Federal government to pay for their healthcare and college and wipe their own fucking ass at every turn is the one who'd have problems making it.
    Now we know why you’re so angry.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Yeah, the guy who has worked full time since he was 13 years old, has lived on my own since I was 16, put myself through college, and have worked pretty much ever since I graduated from college with the longest period I've ever not had a job being two weeks when I first moved to LA, I just wouldn't know how to survive.

I'd say the teat sucking liberal who wants the Federal government to pay for their healthcare and college and wipe their own fucking ass at every turn is the one who'd have problems making it.
    Funny how you believe that someone who is independent and self-reliant and who isn't looking for a handout from anyone is "angry."

You Kunts can't even envision a world where you're responsible for your own medical care and college education and retirement.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

For the ones who want help, yes. But speaking about Seattle, there's still far too many homeless folks who don't give a shit and will prefer their life of substance abuse and crime until forced to stop. Incarceration or forced treatment is the only viable solution for them.

I’ve always thought the homeless epidemic was more about drug abuse than available housing.

Now I’m a major proponent of building more housing, and development in general.

But lots of these people (I’ve interviewed some) are too addled by drugs to thrive if given a home. The sad truth is they’d probably just sit inside and inject heroin until they died. That’s not really solving the problem.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Now I’m a major proponent of building more housing, and development in general.

If only those damn Conservatives would stop thwarting you libs, right Zone?
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'm going to take the conservative side on this one. Forget the free housing, it's better to ignore the problem and complain about it all day. Maybe build a wall to keep them out of the nice places.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Funny how you believe that someone who is independent and self-reliant and who isn't looking for a handout from anyone is "angry."

You Kunts can't even envision a world where you're responsible for your own medical care and college education and retirement.
    You’re angry because your parents didn’t love you.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

Yes the lack of time for introspection is quite apparent. We believe you big guy.
    Introspection is what confused incels do incessantly. I'm sure you're well acquainted with it.
  • Options
    Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

Conjecture.
    Are you really this fucking stupid? You obviously have no clue about the history of public housing projects throughout the US, which universally became drug-ridden slums and were being demolished by the late 90s because they represented a terrible failure of public policy and huge wastes of money.

Are you twelve years old?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I'm going to take the conservative side on this one. Forget the free housing, it's better to ignore the problem and complain about it all day. Maybe build a wall to keep them out of the nice places.

I wasn’t aware that the conservative side was to fuck strawman ass and claim you’re ignoring the problem.

Who is calling for ignoring the problem Kunt?
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

You live in La?

Let’s meet up bitch.
  • Options

Get over yourself, Savior. If your like-minded pals could find their ass without a flashlight the problem wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is. The 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness that people like you pushed is now 16 years old and the numbers have quadrupled. Nice work, asshole. Thanks for ruining most of the West Coast with your misguided loser bullshit. Time for the Adults to tackle the problem, at last.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

You.

Back in the truck.

Now!!!!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

Conjecture.
    Go take a look at any reservation; subsidized housing was provided and most of it is falling apart from lack of maintenance. People don’t respect what they don’t earn; that’s human nature.
    This is only partially true. It is also falling apart because many Injuns and are too drunk to fix anything.
    Noted Firewater apologist weighs in!!!!