Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The most cost-effective way to help the homeless is to give them homes

GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
https://www.vox.com/2014/5/30/5764096/homeless-shelter-housing-help-solutions?

Addressing housing directly is cheaper than relying on cops and emergency rooms.

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Work camps and enforcing the vagrancy laws is even cheaper
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    And what do you do when after you've given the homeless a home they've turned it into a complete shit-hole drug den where they now have a place to turn tricks and do drugs all day. Give them a new place?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    For the ones who want help, yes. But speaking about Seattle, there's still far too many homeless folks who don't give a shit and will prefer their life of substance abuse and crime until forced to stop. Incarceration or forced treatment is the only viable solution for them.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

For the ones who want help, yes. But speaking about Seattle, there's still far too many homeless folks who don't give a shit and will prefer their life of substance abuse and crime until forced to stop. Incarceration or forced treatment is the only viable solution for them.

If you truly want help there's already assistance for you. All this will end up doing is giving the homeless homes that they will in short order turn into complete shit-holes. And how would you like to be the poor homeowner or property owner that had to live next door or near this human shit show.

Do you really believe that someone who is so far around the bend they are shitting and fucking in the streets is going to be able to pull it enough together to take care of an apartment or house? These homeless homes would quickly make the more hellish public housing units look like an upscale suburb.

• Options
    Honestly they need a reality show where they take people like SFGbob and make them homeless. Then have them claw their way back into society.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019
    Gwad said:

Honestly they need a reality show where they take people like SFGbob and make them homeless. Then have them claw their way back into society.

You know what we don't need, another bleeding heart liberal who loves to show how caring and compassionate he is by spending other people's money. You make me homeless, I'd be employed and back into housing in less than a week.

Most people aren't Homeless just because they lack money and only idiotic liberals who don't really want to fix the problem believe they are.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Bob would be dead within a week.
  • Options
    Its cost effective, so I'm actually conservative. Please don't assume my political affiliation.
  • Options
    Right now you're just talking that shit. Go lead by example big boy pants anonymous forum poster guy.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Yeah, the guy who has worked full time since he was 13 years old, has lived on my own since I was 16, put myself through college, and have worked pretty much ever since I graduated from college with the longest period I've ever not had a job being two weeks when I first moved to LA, I just wouldn't know how to survive.

I'd say the teat sucking liberal who wants the Federal government to pay for their healthcare and college and wipe their own fucking ass at every turn is the one who'd have problems making it.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Yeah, the guy who has worked full time since he was 13 years old, has lived on my own since I was 16, put myself through college, and have worked pretty much ever since I graduated from college with the longest period I've ever not had a job being two weeks when I first moved to LA, I just wouldn't know how to survive.

I'd say the teat sucking liberal who wants the Federal government to pay for their healthcare and college and wipe their own fucking ass at every turn is the one who'd have problems making it.
    Yes the lack of time for introspection is quite apparent. We believe you big guy.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gwad said:

Addressing housing directly is cheaper than relying on cops and emergency rooms.

What does any of this shit have to do with legalizing mushrooms and LSD?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Gwad said:

Its cost effective, so I'm actually conservative. Please don't assume my political affiliation.

Yeah, it's cost effective to give people a home that they will then shortly destroy thus necessitating the cost of another home. People that shit in the fucking street and do drugs all day, make for very responsible home owners and tenets
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Gwad said:

What does any of this shit have to do with legalizing mushrooms and LSD?
    Chinned.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

Yeah, it's cost effective to give people a home that they will then shortly destroy thus necessitating the cost of another home. People that shit in the fucking street and do drugs all day, make for very responsible home owners and tenets
    Conjecture.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019
    Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

Yes the lack of time for introspection is quite apparent. We believe you big guy.
    Anyone who believes that the solution to homelessness is giving people homes knows nothing about human nature and learned nothing from the failures of the 1960s welfare state.

People aren't homeless just because they lack money, just like poor people aren't poor just because they lack money. For the people out on the street who are mentally ill I'm fully in favor of putting them into well funded mental institutions. Giving the remaining people homes is nothing more than a guarantee to increase the number of "homeless" and to create housing areas rife with drug abuse, crime and dysfunction.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2019
    Do we exempt them from property taxes? Mine are about $400 per month.

Not to mention water, electricity, gas, sewer garbage bills and any repairs.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

Conjecture.
    Go take a look at any reservation; subsidized housing was provided and most of it is falling apart from lack of maintenance. People don’t respect what they don’t earn; that’s human nature.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,026
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Most are there because they want to be. They have no wish to work or anything else. It's all about getting drunk, high etc. and not having to give two shits about anything else. Some have mental issues but the courts have deemed them unworthy to be locked up long ago.