Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Keith Brown, 2021 4* LB, Lebanon (OR), (Offered 5/17/19)

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This kid would be a huge pull. I’m not getting my hopes up.

Why not? We have master recruiter bob mf Gregory on the job. Right @sonics1993 ?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

Why not? We have master recruiter bob mf Gregory on the job. Right @sonics1993 ?
    He’s not going to either school because of the fucking position coach.

Notice how McMillan said he was close with Paopao. He still has a regional recruiter, coach Pete recruits then, Keat, Lake, etc. The obsession with thinking position coaches play such a key role has jumped the shark. They play a role and help sell the school along with other coaches. It’s not an effort by a single coach.
    This

For us oldersters the first lesson of TBS was that coaches recruited regions and the head coach was the closer

This board has always been more about blaming the position coach for recruiting the position

Gregory sucks as a LB coach and special teams coach. That's why he should be fired

I honestly don’t disagree
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

FirePete said:

He’s not going to either school because of the fucking position coach.

Notice how McMillan said he was close with Paopao. He still has a regional recruiter, coach Pete recruits then, Keat, Lake, etc. The obsession with thinking position coaches play such a key role has jumped the shark. They play a role and help sell the school along with other coaches. It’s not an effort by a single coach.
    This

For us oldersters the first lesson of TBS was that coaches recruited regions and the head coach was the closer

This board has always been more about blaming the position coach for recruiting the position

Gregory sucks as a LB coach and special teams coach. That's why he should be fired

This is all true, but I would add a couple things. The farther away a recruit is from the school, the more the position coach matters. When it comes to local kids, the position coach hardly matters at all. But for someone farther away, you need someone to maintain that relationship and get them to visit the school.

I think there's also minimum level of recruiting competence required from the position coaches. Huff and Junior are pretty good examples of guys that you wouldn't think would be good recruiters, but they succeed because they put in the work required and let the program sell it self. As long as you have guys that are willing to put in the work, their recruiting abilities probably don't matter. But actively lazy coaches that just don't recruit are going to hurt you because they don't let Pete and the rest of the program sell itself.
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FirePete said:

I think he goes to Oregon but long way to go. Need that FSP bonding this spring to help us.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

FirePete said:

I think he goes to Oregon but long way to go. Need that FSP bonding this spring to help us.
    ISHIT
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The dumbest blaming of a position coach was Malloe with Marlon Tui. Marlon visited UW and told Pete he was committed. A week later, he was gone to USC. I never understood how that Malloe’s fault at all. I don’t really think it was anyone’s fault he bounced to USC, but if it was anyone’s fault, it was Pete’s.

USC coaches had literally convinced him to lie to the UW coaches and to visit UW the week before so that it would look like he was still solid to UW.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sure got ourselves some points here
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Time to activate our Millen trap card.

FirePete said:

Hard to have FSP bonding when he commits in November. Fire Gregory
  • GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2019
    cool.

Kyler Manu just got a waiver to come back next year so we’re good there anyway.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This was inevitable. Ho'ohuli, Calvert, Simon and Latu. Let's go Bob!!!