Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Yella

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dflea said:

Indeed. Dungeness crab just embarrasses other crab. Don't get me wrong, I like a big chunk of King crab or some blue crab, too, but neither one of them is getting in the ring with Dungeness crab and coming out the winner.

Plus, you get to go fuck off in a boat. Can't beat it.

For out-of-conference competition, would you put up the Dungeness for some Stone Crab and let them go mano a mano, or claw on claw?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Stone crabs look like red rock crabs to me, but I can't recall ever eating a stone crab. Rock crabs taste fine, but are a gigantic pain in the ass to eat. Their shells are harder than concrete and one missed chunk of shell could easily lead to a broken tooth. Teeth aren't easy to come by in Shelton, so I like to keep mine intact.

I put Dungeness crab at the top of the list, king crab next by virtue of their size, and then all other crabs can get to the back of the fucking bus.

We're going out to soak pots on Friday and might drop a couple rings, too. The tide is shit, but I'm jonesing real bad for crab, so we're going to work around the shitty tide.

I was going to binge watch movies from everyone's top 10 list, but crabbing needs to be given priority until I have inventory.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Blue steamed in old Bay or gtfo
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dflea said:

Stone crabs look like red rock crabs to me, but I can't recall ever eating a stone crab. Rock crabs taste fine, but are a gigantic pain in the ass to eat. Their shells are harder than concrete and one missed chunk of shell could easily lead to a broken tooth. Teeth aren't easy to come by in Shelton, so I like to keep mine intact.

I put Dungeness crab at the top of the list, king crab next by virtue of their size, and then all other crabs can get to the back of the fucking bus.

We're going out to soak pots on Friday and might drop a couple rings, too. The tide is shit, but I'm jonesing real bad for crab, so we're going to work around the shitty tide.

I was going to binge watch movies from everyone's top 10 list, but crabbing needs to be given priority until I have inventory.

I haven't had stone crab in forever, so I won't pretend to be able to ref this one.

Next time I'm in Miami I will make a point of going to Joe's Stone Crab and will report back.