Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacobe Covington, 2020 4* DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro) AZ, (reCOMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019

He says he's committing October 1st but now wants to take all 5 of his official visits

So.......

He's already taken two to UW and Oklahoma. So he plans on taking three in September. We'll see. Most kids don't understand how much of a hassle in season official visits are. They have to leave for the airport Friday night after their high school game and have to wake up the next morning for a full day of information gathering and activities. Depending on how late their game goes Friday night and how long the flight is, they might get very little sleep so it's not as fun unless you do it on a bye week or it's an official visit to a local school that's down the street. Going through that three weekends in a row and juggling homework at the same time is brutal and probably not going to happen. I think he takes one OV in September and that'll be it.
    Good points overall, but these kids are flying out Saturday afternoon, pretty sure these guys aren't leaving until at earliest noon the day after a game, not the same night

It's definitely a lot for a kid in school to deal with, but at the same time I'd want to see the team I was going to commit to play in person before I made my choice
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    any chance that Notre Dame is begging him for a visit so they can try to fuck with us?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Oklahoma and Washington are the two front-runners for the talented prospect, with a source informing 247Sports that the Huskies have been surging in the race in recent months, but it appears that Covington plans to take a thorough look at a few other schools in games before settling on a decision.

"No concrete plans yet on visits, but he will be doing some officials in September," the source said. "He would like to take in a couple of games, but he's not set on exactly what games it will be yet. Tentatively, it's probably LSU, Oregon and Texas A&M for officials, but nothing has been set."

The 6-foot-1, 193-pound prospect took a trip to Seattle shortly after the Huskies joined the chase with an offer and Washington has been generating substantial buzz for the Top247 prospect.

"I’ve developed a great relationship with coach Jimmy Lake and coach Will Harris," Covington told 247Sports earlier this off-season."

Covington has a top eight of Arizona, ASU, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas A&M and Washington. The Sooners, who drew the first official visit back in mid April, have garnered a majority of the votes in the 247Sports Crystal Ball for one of the top defenders out West.

With tremendous length and physical upside, Covington is known for his ball skills and aggressiveness in one-on-one situations. He has a high comfort level in coverage, with the reactions to stick to wideouts and the versatility and size to play either cornerback or safety. Covington closes quickly on the football and, although could improve his tackling technique and fluidity through his backpedal, is a candidate to be multi-year starter at Power Five level.

Washington has recent history at Saguaro with cornerback Byron Murphy, who just became a second-round NFL Draft selection this spring. LSU is also in the mix for Covington's teammate, four-star linebacker Damian Sellers; Oregon is the perceived favorite for another teammate, three-star offensive lineman Jaylan Jeffers; while Texas A&M is where perhaps the most notable Saguaro alum, star receiver Christian Kirk, made his mark at the college level.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BlairAngulo

Ducks have been pushing to get Covington on campus and it's likely that he'll make it to Eugene to take in a game early in the season...

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

BlairAngulo

Ducks have been pushing to get Covington on campus and it's likely that he'll make it to Eugene to take in a game early in the season...

As SAC has said, they know they will eventually lose the two Safeties from Florida and Oklahoma
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Angulo and Wiltfong CBs to UW, took you guys long enough

i am just waiting for a ND offer to officially to call for uw
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,973
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Angulo and Wiltfong CBs to UW, took you guys long enough

i am just waiting for a ND offer to officially to call for uw
    A loy cb to ND?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This is my favorite DB that we are still realistically recruiting. Really hope we close him.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

The Tom Loy crystal ball is in! Unfortunately not to ND. I hope this isn't some kind of jinx.

For Murray State?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I don't like experts crystal balling a kid to any school before he takes an official visit to another. I'm cautiously optimistic tho given he'll probably only end up taking 1 visit or 2 at most.