Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacobe Covington, 2020 4* DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro) AZ, (reCOMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    proofproof Member Posts: 278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    He seemed to dislike people thinking he was a silent commit to UW. I wonder if that October commit date was a ploy to get people off the scent so he could surprise people.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Ballz said:

WOOOOOOOOO! LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOO! Love this kid! He reminds me of Kam Chancellor.

Kam Chancellor 2.0?
    Do you even need to ask?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    proof said:

He seemed to dislike people thinking he was a silent commit to UW. I wonder if that October commit date was a ploy to get people off the scent so he could surprise people.

He WAS a silent commit to UW
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Remember this place in March?

Fuck outta here with the doom and gloom. LIFPO is the mantra

#pgos

Alright Pup jr. Let us know what your individual recruiting predictions are Feb. 3rd
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

“I really like the school. They’ve got a built-for-life program, so that helps you develop into a man outside of football. After football, the education there gets you a job. I liked what coach Chris Petersen had to say about graduation and how that’s expected out of their players, so it’s a big selling point. My mom and I had a meeting with coach Petersen up there and it felt like family. We talked about everything. He’s a great dude, seems like a straight-up guy and I know I could go up to talk to him about anything if I ever needed him.”

The 6-foot-1, 193-pound prospect had initially circled Oct. 1 on his calendar as the date he would announce a college commitment but later backed off that deadline. All nine votes in the 247Sports Crystal Ball were for Washington at the time of Covington’s commitment.

Covington took officials to Oklahoma and Washington this off-season.

“Coach (Jimmy) Lake told me he could really see me at the nickel spot and safety position,” Covington said. “All the defensive backs in their defense could play any of the positions, but they like me in a versatile role at nickel and safety.”

With tremendous length and physical upside, Covington is known for his ball skills and aggressiveness in one-on-one situations. He has a high comfort level in coverage, with the reactions to stick to wideouts and the versatility and size to play either cornerback or safety. Covington closes quickly on the football and, although could improve his tackling technique and fluidity through his backpedal, is a candidate to be a multi-year starter at Power Five level.

He's my third favorite west coast DB this year which is saying a lot.

By the time he's done here he's going to be a second day pick, at worst.

STUD.
  • Options
    BonerBoner Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 198
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:
    I'm amused by this because I had a boner in the pool yesterday.
    Pics?

Above ground? Pour.
  • Options
    HarbaughKhakisHarbaughKhakis Member Posts: 104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This is a bigger Budda Baker! If he works his ass off he’s going to develop into a 1st rounder
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes