Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on the state of 2020 recruiting (long)

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sounds like I should check out the Smalls thread. I hear it's great.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

What the fuck? I had this pegged as our best class ever. Better than last year. It was going to be epic. Instead, it's a complete turd. Half of our top recruits are already off the bored. No momentum at all. No spark at all. It's already a meh year out west, and with our current trajectory we will finish up somewhere south of whale shit. So pissed. Might just burn the Truck Stop to the ground. Fuck it.

Bump.

There were a handful of these threads created in May and early June. Everyone freaking the fuck out. I bumped @Swaye ‘s because he’s my boss and it’s funny to make him look dumb (love you Chief!). There were also threads from tvoie, DDY, Baseman, and RealRhino, each with everyone shitting all over themselves about how Pete has fucked the pooch and Oregon is out recruiting UW. I think these threads helped @ZoneUW start his fagging out process.

Since this thread was made:

- Racanelli committed

- Sunday committed

- Botelho and Herbig committed elsewhere

- More threads were made about how the class sucked

- Rosenbagger was inches from committing to Oregon but waited another week, visited, then became a Dwag

- Bruener was all about Oregon and then got his offer and committed on the spot

- UW held their camps and made a big official visit weekend like they do in December

- Simon, Latu, Franklin, and Gee all got their offers, and rumors are that DJ Rogers will soon get his

- Elite in-state linemen that are in 8th and 9th grade got offers and are infatuated with UW

- McMillan became best friends with Huard and stayed the night then committed 6 months before he planned on and shuts down all other visits (FUCK YOU NOTRE DAME)

- JTT was rumored to stay the night with them and is likely a silent commit (McMillan drops hints on social)

- A punter committed so Van Soderberg can finally fuck off

- Yurosek and Taylor told UW to fuck off but a kid impressed at camp and committed right away, and is probably someone who we will grow to love and play in the NFL like DisslyDawg and SampleDawg

- Redman, McMillan, Garbers, and Huard are all recruiting their asses off

- Murao dominated at the Opening, throws up a W with Top 5 2021 Korey Foreman and then commits 6 months before he planned and shuts down all other visits (FUCK YOU USC)

- Adams and Hatchett will be committing within the month

- Banks drops an elite top 4 with UW involved, hometown USC not involved, and sets up an official visit when USC comes to Seattle, and all the UW commits are blowing him up

- Sav’ell Smalls drops a top 8 that includes UW after previously banishing them and cutting off communication, and rumors are that he’s talking to the coaches again

In 2 months, everything changed. What I guess this poast means, is that we? are all fags and need to learn to Let It Fucking Play Out (but we never will)

There is an adult in charge. His coaches have the best development track record in the country. While he’s slow to adjust, Pete always adjusts and he’s a spiteful motherfucker who goes for the kill in the end.

The talent has increased every year and will this year as well. Next year will be the best class in history with 5 elite in-state kids, a few more out of state elite kids, and then a bunch of high end Blue Chips, and they all fucking love UW.

The last few weeks have proven UW is the premier school in the West Coast, and the kids are starting to figure it out.

the punter thing...are you just saying that as a joke or do you think there's something there?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

Swaye said:

What the fuck? I had this pegged as our best class ever. Better than last year. It was going to be epic. Instead, it's a complete turd. Half of our top recruits are already off the bored. No momentum at all. No spark at all. It's already a meh year out west, and with our current trajectory we will finish up somewhere south of whale shit. So pissed. Might just burn the Truck Stop to the ground. Fuck it.

Bump.

There were a handful of these threads created in May and early June. Everyone freaking the fuck out. I bumped @Swaye ‘s because he’s my boss and it’s funny to make him look dumb (love you Chief!). There were also threads from tvoie, DDY, Baseman, and RealRhino, each with everyone shitting all over themselves about how Pete has fucked the pooch and Oregon is out recruiting UW. I think these threads helped @ZoneUW start his fagging out process.

- Racanelli committed

- Sunday committed

- Rosenbagger was inches from committing to Oregon but waited another week, visited, then became a Dwag

- UW held their camps and made a big official visit weekend like they do in December

- Simon, Latu, Franklin, and Gee all got their offers, and rumors are that DJ Rogers will soon get his

- Elite in-state linemen that are in 8th and 9th grade got offers and are infatuated with UW

- McMillan became best friends with Huard and stayed the night then committed 6 months before he planned on and shuts down all other visits (FUCK YOU NOTRE DAME)

- JTT was rumored to stay the night with them and is likely a silent commit (McMillan drops hints on social)

- Yurosek and Taylor told UW to fuck off but a kid impressed at camp and committed right away, and is probably someone who we will grow to love and play in the NFL like DisslyDawg and SampleDawg

- Murao dominated at the Opening, throws up a W with Top 5 2021 Korey Foreman and then commits 6 months before he planned and shuts down all other visits (FUCK YOU USC)

- Banks drops an elite top 4 with UW involved, hometown USC not involved, and sets up an official visit when USC comes to Seattle, and all the UW commits are blowing him up

- Sav’ell Smalls drops a top 8 that includes UW after previously banishing them and cutting off communication, and rumors are that he’s talking to the coaches again

In 2 months, everything changed. What I guess this poast means, is that we? are all fags and need to learn to Let It Fucking Play Out (but we never will)

There is an adult in charge. His coaches have the best development track record in the country. While he’s slow to adjust, Pete always adjusts and he’s a spiteful motherfucker who goes for the kill in the end.

The talent has increased every year and will this year as well. Next year will be the best class in history with 5 elite in-state kids, a few more out of state elite kids, and then a bunch of high end Blue Chips, and they all fucking love UW.

The last few weeks have proven UW is the premier school in the West Coast, and the kids are starting to figure it out.

the punter thing...are you just saying that as a joke or do you think there's something there?
    Joke for me in regards to Smalls.

Not joke for me in regards to he sucks as a punter.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Swaye said:

Bump.

- Racanelli committed

- Sunday committed

Great points.

Consider the source(s). The same "sky is falling" crew is the same non-athlete albino crew that started the Savell bologna, the Garbers and Dick Newton trashing, and fellate the same two UW "sources."

Also, the lack of chins from the race-baiting and non-donating crew is duly noted.

I am shocked BDTW.com self-immolated. Shocked I tell you.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Thanks for pointing out one of the times where I was wrong. Which is most of the times. FML.

No need, you already did that to yourself
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    The endemic doogman groupthink has gone up an order of magnitude since the BDTW launch-fail.

I see you fags.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Swaye said:

How long are we going to keep bumping the "I'm a huge dumbass" post?

You know why I do it right?

Oh and.....

Who are we if we don’t mock the dumb opinions of our peers?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

How long are we going to keep bumping the "I'm a huge dumbass" post?

You know why I do it right?

Oh and.....

Who are we if we don’t mock the dumb opinions of our peers?

WOOD Kat Dennings.

• Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

Question from a recruiting data n00b... how do you get this version of the 247 rankings... I mean how do I view it on the 247 site?

When I go there it is the list that shows us at 16, but I like this version much better. I know one version is the composite and one is something else, but I don't see the link that lets me switch between them.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    uzi said:

Question from a recruiting data n00b... how do you get this version of the 247 rankings... I mean how do I view it on the 247 site?

When I go there it is the list that shows us at 16, but I like this version much better. I know one version is the composite and one is something else, but I don't see the link that lets me switch between them.
    delete composite from the url
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    uzi said:

I wondered the same thing, @uzi ... so I axed Courics about it in another thread and he was kind enough to respond.

Apparently you just go to the ‘team rankings’ then delete ‘composite’ from the url and hit enter. Should take care of it.

gunt.