Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on the state of 2020 recruiting (long)

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club

What the fuck? I had this pegged as our best class ever. Better than last year. It was going to be epic. Instead, it's a complete turd. Half of our top recruits are already off the bored. No momentum at all. No spark at all. It's already a meh year out west, and with our current trajectory we will finish up somewhere south of whale shit. So pissed. Might just burn the Truck Stop to the ground. Fuck it.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,977
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    Swaye said:

Hey @CallMeBigErn go fuck yourself.

I downvote melodrama. It's something my grandpa instilled in me. Blame him. RIP Gramps.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I downvote melodrama. It's something my grandpa instilled in me. Blame him. RIP Gramps.
    I downvote fags. It’s something this bored instilled in me. Fuck yourself.

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I downvote fags. It’s something this bored instilled in me. Fuck yourself.

• Options
    Founders Club
    But seriously, our recruiting effort so far this year is absolute failboat.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

If we can't have melodramatic freakouts then I'll kill myself (lulz).

Please do not read a game thread. Your finger will get tired just giving me downvotes. And if Passion is in it, your laptop will explode.

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

And we all thought that the magic formula was just win. Turns out it's a little more involved than that. Big boys win AND have an attention grabbing pitch. Guess we're halfway there.

Disagree on the halfway part. UW has lost every meaningful bowl and non-conference game since Pete has arrived, starting with BSU.

Trending in the right direction, gotta win something meaningful AND cord wood the P12.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    RealRhino said:

I stand with Swaye. I want bleach drinkin' melodramatic freakouts. We've barely even started and what was once a penciled-in who's who of possibilities has turned into a list of blank spaces and question marks, guys we haven't even heard of yet or guys who will likely not even take an OV to Washington before they commit to OU or TCU, or Illinois of course.

My only real hopes at this point lie at WR and OL. I mean, RB would take a dream scenario, though I suppose technically still possible. DL? Bad. OLB/DE? Already committed elsewhere before we got our first cup of coffee ready to start looking through these recruiting lists. CB? See OLB/DE. Now we're combing the West Texas desert and the Central Valley to find 3-star guys who might be decent. S? See CB. TE: We accidentally set our search filter to "220-lb. white guy".

This.

To be fair though, for TE we did get Redman, who in addition to having the best name in the history of best names, is a complete beast.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

whuggy said:

And we all thought that the magic formula was just win. Turns out it's a little more involved than that. Big boys win AND have an attention grabbing pitch. Guess we're halfway there.

Disagree on the halfway part. UW has lost every meaningful bowl and non-conference game since Pete has arrived, starting with BSU.

Trending in the right direction, gotta win something meaningful AND cord wood the P12.
    If we had beaten Pedo or Urbs our? brand would be immensely skronger. Whether we like it or not, Oree-gon's (pre flood) 2010- 14 run is still better than our? 2016- 18 one and the kidz are old enuff to remember.