Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cooper McDonald, 2020 3* LB, Justin (Northwest), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Good thing we dropped Nick Herbig for this kid right @StrongArmCobra

Possibly. Is he an ILB or SAM for us? We'll see. The bottom line is, it's fucking stupid. They visited this kid and didn't visit Herbig. We think they can't possibly have McDonald rated higher on their board than Herbig and yet their actions say otherwise. I'm perplexed.
    Or they didn’t want him more than Herbig and just got beat for him.

It happens.
    You can't get beat when you didn't visit a kid who wanted to visit.
    I’m sure they told him not to visit
    That's the only explanation if you’re a doog
    If we wanted him, he'd be a UW commit.
    Hector and Smith > Ringo
    Not everything is literal, genius.
    So they’re just figuratively better than Ringo?

My bad. I have a lot to learn from you.
    Sometimes people use sarcasm.
    It's hard to pick out sarcasm in a sea of aids and bullshit
    Would you like me to put "sarcasm" in parenthesis at the end of every sarcastic post so you can keep up with the rest of us?

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Possibly. Is he an ILB or SAM for us? We'll see. The bottom line is, it's fucking stupid. They visited this kid and didn't visit Herbig. We think they can't possibly have McDonald rated higher on their board than Herbig and yet their actions say otherwise. I'm perplexed.

It happens.
    You can't get beat when you don't officially visit a kid who wanted to officially visit.
    Your resolve and relentlessness is superb. It’s prideful and dumb but I will overlook that since it’s unmatched.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I hate it for so many reasons. I'm over this fucking Texas shit seriously. This guy is a low low 3 star, probably a 2 star in all reality. I watched his tape and I hated it. He has a chubby body and is slow as fuck.
    The last peterman recruit that I hated this much was nick little....yes nick fucking little
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Penace said:

I hate it for so many reasons. I'm over this fucking Texas shit seriously. This guy is a low low 3 star, probably a 2 star in all reality. I watched his tape and I hated it. He has a chubby body and is slow as fuck.
    The last peterman recruit that I hated this much was nick little....yes nick fucking little

He's not that bad. He's a solid 3 star, not a high 3 but not a low 3 either. Certainly not a 2 star.

Agree I'm over the Texas thing.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

It happens.
    Hector and Smith > Ringo

You're struggling.
    You realize you said this in response to sarkasm, right?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

It happens.
    Hector and Smith > Ringo

You're struggling.
    LOL
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don’t care what school you are you aren’t going to get everybody that you want

If that is your standard then you are likely going to be disappointed

The Utah/Baylor point was simply that coaches that know defense apparently had similar positive evaluations

• Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

It happens.
    Hector and Smith > Ringo

You're struggling.
    That's not sarcasm. Struggling.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Too much “but he’s a bigger BBK” talk. I hated BBK for a long time. We need to address the @LaMichael_Corleone question directly on EVERY recruit: Will this kid level up the program so we can beat the elite? This God fearing kid ain’t McMillan or Murao. We need to ditch Gregory and replace him with someone who can do better (and make K better).
  • Options
    fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Not the most impressive offer list. Usually when we take a 3 star with a lowish ranking, the Pac 12 offered in addition to some other legit schools.

Only decent offers is Utah and Baylor

I haven't watched his film, but this seems like a reach we shouldn't have to take at this point. I guess I'll watch the film though, because honestly I thought the same thing about Sawyer until watching his film

In fairness, I wouldn’t use “only Utah and Baylor” offered as the only decent ones as an indictment

We know Whittingham knows defense ... Matt Ruhle at Baylor knows a bit about defense as well

Knowing a bit about defense? Its fucking Utah and Baylor. Has anyone said the talent on those two teams can compete for a national championship or establish a new dynasty? FUCK NO. Beating out Utah and Baylor while Wisconsin beats you out for a LB from Hawaii is as indicting as it fucking gets.

“Is this good enough to beat Bama and Clemson?” Is the only fucking question that needs to be asked to see if we are meeting standards. Period.
    If we still get Banks and/or Smalls, then it's just a mildly underwhelming move at the . I take the "Utah and Baylor" point as being a way to check on UW's eval. If the back end of the class is guys that Utah wants and the top end is guys like Tuitele and Bandes or Smalls and Banks, then, yes, that is enough to compete with Clemson and Bama imo.
    Banks and Smalls aren’t his comparables. Botelho and Herbig are. We lost both of them or we wouldn’t have to talk this kid into not visiting Colorado. Name one back end depth player on Ohio State, Bama, Clemson, UGA, OU who would go to Colorado? Kaho is a backend Bama depth guy you know where he would’ve gone? Gee Scott is a back end player at Ohio State. This isn’t excusable in any way shape or form.
    He's going to be backing up Heimuli, Calvert, Latu?, Simon? if we want to be totally specific about his comparables. I agree that it would have been better to get Botelho and/or Herbig, but I just don't think it's that big of a deal. Our talent level looks like it's still trending up over a multi-year period (even including this down year at ILB). If he plays out of necessity in a few years (and not because he got way fucking better and beat out good players), then, yes, it's very bad move. But he's a depth player, so there probably won't ever be much impact in terms of on-field production.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I don’t care what school you are you aren’t going to get everybody that you want

If that is your standard then you are likely going to be disappointed

The Utah/Baylor point was simply that coaches that know defense apparently had similar positive evaluations

Shut up doog.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Not the most impressive offer list. Usually when we take a 3 star with a lowish ranking, the Pac 12 offered in addition to some other legit schools.

Only decent offers is Utah and Baylor

I haven't watched his film, but this seems like a reach we shouldn't have to take at this point. I guess I'll watch the film though, because honestly I thought the same thing about Sawyer until watching his film

In fairness, I wouldn’t use “only Utah and Baylor” offered as the only decent ones as an indictment

We know Whittingham knows defense ... Matt Ruhle at Baylor knows a bit about defense as well

Knowing a bit about defense? Its fucking Utah and Baylor. Has anyone said the talent on those two teams can compete for a national championship or establish a new dynasty? FUCK NO. Beating out Utah and Baylor while Wisconsin beats you out for a LB from Hawaii is as indicting as it fucking gets.

“Is this good enough to beat Bama and Clemson?” Is the only fucking question that needs to be asked to see if we are meeting standards. Period.
    If we still get Banks and/or Smalls, then it's just a mildly underwhelming move at the . I take the "Utah and Baylor" point as being a way to check on UW's eval. If the back end of the class is guys that Utah wants and the top end is guys like Tuitele and Bandes or Smalls and Banks, then, yes, that is enough to compete with Clemson and Bama imo.
    Banks and Smalls aren’t his comparables. Botelho and Herbig are. We lost both of them or we wouldn’t have to talk this kid into not visiting Colorado. Name one back end depth player on Ohio State, Bama, Clemson, UGA, OU who would go to Colorado? Kaho is a backend Bama depth guy you know where he would’ve gone? Gee Scott is a back end player at Ohio State. This isn’t excusable in any way shape or form.
    The fuck?

Nonsense.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Get Banks. Nothing else matters.

I'm all for not freaking out every time UW takes an apparent JAG commit for a couple of reasons. The best reason is that sometimes, frequently with this staff, the JAG (as we judged them) prospects turn out really good.

But

UW is thin on elite talent at linebacker. Theres a need to upgrade the recruiting. Go ahead and freak out you lunatics.