Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cooper McDonald, 2020 3* LB, Justin (Northwest), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Personally I'll be pretty upset. I dont hope he diaff or anything like that and I'm sure he is a fine young man.....Stay the fuck away from my football team you chubby fuck.
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

What's the board's reaction if we accept his commitment?

Did I see somewhere that we're recruiting him as an ILB?
    He said Josh Calvert plays the position they’re recruiting him for... I presume that’s inside but obviously we move guys around and will continue to do more of that
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Did I see somewhere that we're recruiting him as an ILB?
    He told 247 that Calvert was his visit host and that he's being recruited to play the same position as him. This debunks Ballz' theory that we are not taking any ILBs this year and we passed on Herbig.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    I like this kid but even Scott Eklund said he doesn’t want to go so far away from home and that if it wasn’t for the fact that Oklahoma, TAMU & Texas haven’t been on him, he would’ve never came and visited us in the first place.

If we were out of it for Banks, McDonald would’nt be recruited by Gregory, and I think we’d see more OLB discussion. I know Banks is a long shot, but maybe this means a Bruener offer is coming? I like McDonald’s film and frame but I don’t think he likes us more than a weekend fling he can brag to his friends about.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’d be unexcited
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    Kid was obviously mistaken.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If he was from a power school on the west coast I guess ya sure whatever. Take a flier on a low level recruit to bear fruits in the future...i guess. The fact he has a commitable offer is really fucking odd. To put it another way...fuck Bob gregory.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I've seen this type of player be successful for TCU ... although he's not fast enough to cover RBs in space IMO

He's far from the worst LB prospect that I've seen ... and I could absolutely see him as a poor man's BBK

That being said, with the ILB talent that is already in the program and what is likely coming in next year, then you're looking at a guy that will be a JAG at UW and most likely be a special teams player with an outside chance at meaningful playing time as a 5th year Senior at best.

So yeah ... would be good to see him end up at TCU or Baylor
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

Tevis seems like a genuinely decent guy, and if he's still looking to be a teacher, I admire him for going into one of the most underappreciated and critically underfunded jobs there is.

He also had one really productive season at OLB despite his athletic limitations. Good job, Tevis. That being said, he would never start on a national championship team. We need to recruit players with higher ceilings.

I agree with the general premise that UW should aim higher.

But let's be fair to Tevis. He did, in fact, start on a Playoff team. As a second-year sophomore.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Tevis seems like a genuinely decent guy, and if he's still looking to be a teacher, I admire him for going into one of the most underappreciated and critically underfunded jobs there is.

He also had one really productive season at OLB despite his athletic limitations. Good job, Tevis. That being said, he would never start on a national championship team. We need to recruit players with higher ceilings.

I agree with the general premise that UW should aim higher.

But let's be fair to Tevis. He did, in fact, start on a Playoff team. As a second-year sophomore.
    Tevis needed a redshirt year badly.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I've seen this type of player be successful for TCU ... although he's not fast enough to cover RBs in space IMO

He's far from the worst LB prospect that I've seen ... and I could absolutely see him as a poor man's BBK

That being said, with the ILB talent that is already in the program and what is likely coming in next year, then you're looking at a guy that will be a JAG at UW and most likely be a special teams player with an outside chance at meaningful playing time as a 5th year Senior at best.

Holy shit, poormans bbk
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Tequilla said:

Holy shit, poormans bbk
    So an UDFA, pass.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    2020 LB FUPDATE: Racanelli is committed at SAM. Bruener is indabag inside. At this point, I really don’t see why the coaching staff should spend any more time/effort on any other 2020 LB prospects besides Smalls, Banks, and Peter Latu.

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Just go offer Peter Latu and
    TTJ said:

2020 LB FUPDATE: Racanelli is committed at SAM. Bruener is indabag inside. At this point, I really don’t see why the coaching staff should spend any more time/effort on any other 2020 LB prospects besides Smalls, Banks, and Peter Latu.

*Damian Sellers