Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cooper McDonald, 2020 3* LB, Justin (Northwest), TX (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

So im bored and watched the first 3 min of his highlights. If that is a competitive league he is in, he is a good player. The Tevis comparison is a softball one. Tevis was playing 8 man shit in Wyoming, dominating 5A and 6A Texas teams like that is like a highschool to D1 jump.

Not a flashy commit but seems to be a good player. Physical.

Whoa there, Ruth.
    Okay bro. You're joke about me not using the word dominating correctly is really funny, and also made me reconsider my eval:

Cooper is just a scrappy white kid out there trying his hardest. Real lunch pail guy who makes up for his natural ability by living in the weight room. He is the kind of kid the high school coach would let fuck his daughter. Kwat and Cooper bonded over their love of duck hunting and a tin of Copenhagen. Probably belongs at Portland State or EWU.
    Damn PGOS we all know you’re a closet racist but you didn’t have to go full Ruth there and get too sensitive about a joke.
    I'm racist against dumbfucks online that watch high school highlight film. Myself included. Why we all spend any time on this shit baffles me and yet I find myself visiting more and more. I think the banter of a bunch of people pretending to know anything about recruiting is entertaining, I guess?

Fy fm fe
    This is the highest level of self-awareness I’ve seen you exhibit, ever.

I feel we’ve made real progress today.

And yes, FM, FY, FE!
  • Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

PSA: Thinking McDonald’s film is good and being disappointed in the recruiting aren’t mutually exclusive.

He’s not a JAG, I think he can be a really good player for us. But I’m disappointed because we settled for him after whiffing on Herbig, Botelho, and Flowe. All of those guys had better film and higher ceilings

Sums it up nicely
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

PGOS LMC and Fudgepack. Watching retards try to have lemon party

Bruh dont you know the only 4 people on here who truly know the ins and outs of 17 year old boys are ddy, lmc, and fudge? No one else here knows minor football like those 3
    4 or 3?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

PGOS LMC and Fudgepack. Watching retards try to have lemon party

Bruh dont you know the only 4 people on here who truly know the ins and outs of 17 year old boys are ddy, lmc, and fudge? No one else here knows minor football like those 3
    4 or 3?
    CuogGirlSayingWhatever.gif
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019
    The doogs are really outing themselves over this try-hard 6 ft unexplosive OLB lol

He’s basically Ryan Bowman with a scholarship offer.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The doogs are really outing themselves over this try-hard 6 ft unexplosive OLB lol

He's listed at 6'3". I'm sure that's generous but where the fuck are you getting that he's just 6 foot?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019

He's playing ILB for UW which is a much better fit for him. He's not fast twitch enough to be an edge guy but he's not slow. You can see he's got some speed to work with when he scores those defensive touchdowns in his film. He's easier to like than Bruener right now. Bruener looks like he's in a boy band for fuck sake. So disappointing he didn't get his dad's size and looks like a hard gainer when it comes to putting on muscle mass. At least McDonald has the size we want and will probably end up around 240 in college.
  • Options

He's playing ILB for UW which is a much better fit for him. He's not fast twitch enough to be an edge guy but he's not slow. You can see he's got some speed to work with when he scores those defensive touchdowns in his film. He's easier to like than Bruener right now. Bruener looks like he's in a boy band for fuck sake. So disappointing he didn't get his dad's size and looks like a hard gainer when it comes to putting on muscle mass. At least McDonald has the size we want and will probably end up around 240 in college.
    Bruener is definitely bigger and faster than this kid.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bowman is compact and explosive at 260 with something like a 38" vertical jump. I dont think they have much in common.

This guy has good height and weight for an ilb, tackles well, and shows good instincts in coverage. He doesn't look real explosive at all, but hes young and already big enough so theres real opportunity for that to improve.

I'm not as bothered by his offer or verbal as some of you. I understand the disappointment over the fact that UW is still recruiting jag athletes, just not to the extremes I've seen in this thread.
  • Options

Faster yes, bigger, not even close dude. Bruener is pretty skinny and light in the pants for an ILB recruit.
    FM, #TeamBallz on this one. I saw Bruener recently, he's not very big.
    Bruener’s like 6”2. McDonald’s 6”1.

Bruener’s not a jag athletically and they’ll put more weight on him.

McDonald’s just a fucking Aaron Fuller type jag. Not good enough.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Swaye said:

Also, not impressed. It's July and we are taking some try hard from Texas? I'm fine with this offer in November when all the top guys have told the dynamic duo of Kwat and Shitbird to fuck off, but Plan B guys in July is a bad look. At least it's not Plan C? FML

I’m willing to LIPO and withhold judgment until after the senior season hudl comes out.

Herbig and Botelho were major fuck ups. We? got beat out for guys that should have been easy gets. Let’s just get that out of the way first and foremost.

As for this kid, his ranking doesn’t bother me. I think it’s actually pretty low and Wiltfong mentioned it should be higher. Likely .85 or .86. That would be right in line with Ah You and Tuputala, who we all love. The ranking doesn’t mean shit. The tape does.

His Junior tape isn’t amazing. But he has good size that matches what has been recruited at ILB the last two classes with guys like Sirmon/Calvert/Tuputala/Heimuli, hits like a truck and dudes go down quick, he has decent quickness and speed, and has a nose for turnovers and takes them to the house when he gets them.

This is not Clemson and Bama Level. Obviously. I wanted Herbig and Botelho. I want Smalls and Banks. But this kid was identified early. He committed the July before his Senior year, not January after it.

We didn’t hate Tafisi, Tuputala, or Ah You because their ranking sucked.

I’m waiting until his senior film comes out. If he hasn’t improved or doesn’t wow me, I’ll shit on him then.
    He has already announced he will be moving to ILB for his Senior season, so the tape this fall will tell us how outraged we all must be.

Also, IIRC the average ILB this last draft class was 6'1". So while he may not be 6'3" with the length an edge guy needs, he doesn't need to be. He fits the same body mold of the ILB the coaches have gotten the last 2 classes.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

So im bored and watched the first 3 min of his highlights. If that is a competitive league he is in, he is a good player. The Tevis comparison is a softball one. Tevis was playing 8 man shit in Wyoming, dominating 5A and 6A Texas teams like that is like a highschool to D1 jump.

Not a flashy commit but seems to be a good player. Physical.

Whoa there, Ruth.
    Okay bro. You're joke about me not using the word dominating correctly is really funny, and also made me reconsider my eval:

Cooper is just a scrappy white kid out there trying his hardest. Real lunch pail guy who makes up for his natural ability by living in the weight room. He is the kind of kid the high school coach would let fuck his daughter. Kwat and Cooper bonded over their love of duck hunting and a tin of Copenhagen. Probably belongs at Portland State or EWU.
    Damn PGOS we all know you’re a closet racist but you didn’t have to go full Ruth there and get too sensitive about a joke.
    I'm racist
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Faster yes, bigger, not even close dude. Bruener is pretty skinny and light in the pants for an ILB recruit.

You're going to have to produce something more than your opinion to convince anyone Bruener is taller than McDonald. Bruener is listed at 6'2", McDonald is listed at 6'3". They're almost assuredly both shorter than their listed heights. My money is on McDonald being taller. Bruner looks short in pics with his dad who was only 6'4".
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

You're going to have to produce something more than your opinion to convince anyone Bruener is taller than McDonald. Bruener is listed at 6'2", McDonald is listed at 6'3". They're almost assuredly both shorter than their listed heights. My money is on McDonald being taller. Bruner looks short in pics with his dad who was only 6'4".
    I’ve played against Bruener and I’m 6”1. He’s definitely taller than me.

Bruener’s a way better athlete than Cooper.

Cooper’s heavier right now though.

Cooper just reminds me of the Aaron Fuller take a few years ago where we struck out on everyone. Aaron’s a JAG.

Break free you stupid fucks. The Roquan Smith’s, Daniel Heimuli’s, and Rueben Foster’s exist.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Wait you are telling me Jordan Bohtelo and Nick Herbig exist...??

No fucking way!!!

Nah let’s employee Bob Gregory and end up with fucking Cooper McDonald!!!! YAY!

Nick Bolton 2.0. I hope he ends up at Mizzou too.