Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSiO Episode #67: Cinco de Mayo 2019!

Comments

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Its not Cinco de Mayo.

It’s Charmane Star’s birthday.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Exactly half way through. Why can’t the walls at my work be thick enough to block the sound of the poddie...?

Very exciting so far. Great stuff all around.

Two notes:
    Please chew louder next time.
    Fuck your ankle biting poodle.

I am sorry. Coker forced me to eat on the pod.

IT IS A FUCKING PUPPY.
    Are your dogs gay?
    They don’t conform to your heteronormative categorizations and live in open defiance of patriarchal sexual norms.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Exactly half way through. Why can’t the walls at my work be thick enough to block the sound of the poddie...?

Very exciting so far. Great stuff all around.

Two notes:
    Please chew louder next time.
    Fuck your ankle biting poodle.

I am sorry. Coker forced me to eat on the pod.

IT IS A FUCKING PUPPY.
    Are your dogs gay?
    They don’t conform to your heteronormative categorizations and live in open defiance of patriarchal sexual norms.
    I did not know dogs could be attack helicopters. I did not know that.
    I’ve learned on HH (and marriage) that everything can be a “attack helicopter”.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

You know how I know you guys were nerds at UW?
    You don't know how many sorority chicks are enrolled in the mrs. Major at UW.

😂😂😂
  • Options
    doogbiscuitdoogbiscuit Member Posts: 8
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Loved the pod, but the bashing "practice how you play" thing is just you guys making shit up to sound cool. 95% of guys practice how they play. They get comfortable with more reps and begin to play with fluidity and anticipation. when game time comes around, they can fly around and improvise because they have confidence in their discipline, technique etc.

There is only room for one Marshawn Lynch in this world. Otherwise, the guys who prepare the best usually play the best. Guys who rely on being game-day sensations (but don't practice well) usually end up lighting it up in Scooba, then wondering when life passed them by.

What decent coach on god's green earth is going to put a guy out on the field if he can't or won't perform in practice? Is having the right measurables and passing the "eye" test enough to defy observable results through spring and fall camp?

Consistency and Preparation will always trump potential in team sports.
  • Options

Loved the pod, but the bashing "practice how you play" thing is just you guys making shit up to sound cool. 95% of guys practice how they play. They get comfortable with more reps and begin to play with fluidity and anticipation. when game time comes around, they can fly around and improvise because they have confidence in their discipline, technique etc.

There is only room for one Marshawn Lynch in this world. Otherwise, the guys who prepare the best usually play the best. Guys who rely on being game-day sensations (but don't practice well) usually end up lighting it up in Scooba, then wondering when life passed them by.

What decent coach on god's green earth is going to put a guy out on the field if he can't or won't perform in practice? Is having the right measurables and passing the "eye" test enough to defy observable results through spring and fall camp?

Consistency and Preparation will always trump potential in team sports.

You can always tell when people have some weird sensitive spot when they miss the point of something and then write a screed about something you really weren’t saying.

But OK! Sure. Good point. We want people to practice well. No way! Whoa. Earth shattering.

Anyway, thanks for listening!!!
  • Options
    doogbiscuitdoogbiscuit Member Posts: 8
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The entire pod is a screed about your sensitive spots. Haener's gonna start 3 more years, he was Browning's protege and has the "football smarts" and "he's the first one in the building and the last one out". Done deal!

P.S. I heard they are bringing in Neuheisel as a special consultant to Bush to help with undersized QB optimization
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck... listening to tecq’s rant when my 10 yr old walks in. “Ah, um, I think I’ll come bac.” 🤣 FML
  • Options

The entire pod is a screed about your sensitive spots. Haener's gonna start 3 more years, he was Browning's protege and has the "football smarts" and "he's the first one in the building and the last one out". Done deal!

P.S. I heard they are bringing in Neuheisel as a special consultant to Bush to help with undersized QB optimization

Luv u bb
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749

You know how I know you guys were nerds at UW?
    You don't know how many sorority chicks are enrolled in the mrs. Major at UW.

I never met a female Art History Major that wasn't at least a 9.25 at UW. If that's not the Mrs. Degree mill, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    Haven't listened to it yet. But for those of you who missed it, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDcA9BIB_NQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3p2GrSO6JI
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Yeah ... totally missing the point with respect to practice.

You obviously can’t get away without putting in work and then expect come game day everything clicks.

However, you probably weren’t much of an athlete if you don’t have an understanding that there are people that raise the level of play during games and even more so don’t understand that there are others that go to a different level given the circumstances.

My point is that no matter how much we want to say that you bring the same effort each day ... it’s not always going to be there. In the end, I’m not going to close my eyes to the fact that some perform better/worse when the lights come on.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Practice is gay