Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elijah Jackson, 2020 3* DB, Harbor City (Lawndale), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We(?) are his best offer. Expect this to be a KamFab situation where everybody else jumps in now
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This guy will probably be good for us, but sucks that it's come to this.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I am trust jimmy on this. Fucker send 6 DB in to the league in the last 3 years. This is March, probably has the physical tools we are looking for
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Another thing to consider in this is how many guys do we lose after this year? Have to remember that this position is in a 3-4 year cycle for the most part instead of 4-5 years
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Another thing to consider in this is how many guys do we lose after this year? Have to remember that this position is in a 3-4 year cycle for the most part instead of 4-5 years

I’d imagine just Bryant and Taylor. Molden is good but he’d have to have one hell of a year to go pro early
    I think they plan on taking 3 if I had to guess.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I would take 4. We lose Bryant and imo Taylor. Their is also the high possibility of a Cook/Gilschrist grad transfer. We need 4 so they are ready for 2021.

I would take 4. We lose Bryant and imo Taylor. Their is also the high possibility of a Cook/Gilschrist grad transfer. We need 4 so they are ready for 2021.
    Cook is only a 3rd year player, so he won't be eligible as a Grad Transfer just yet unless he's graduating early. He's also too good of a player to drop down to DIII or something, so I think he'll definitely be around next year. Gilchrist is definitely a possibility to leave. Bryant, Taylor, and Gilchrist were the 3 that crossed my mind to make my guess off of.

I think they'd take 4 if they were the right 4, like if Ringo ended up liking us again for some reason. I think a class like Hector, Esteen, and Jackson is realistic for us.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    edited April 2019
    I would not be surprised if Jimmy has a clause in his contract that he gets at least 4 DB scholarships per year. At the rate he turns out pros and the generally positive turnover rate, the thing that can hurt his future earnings the most is if they let his position group lack resources he needs.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Another reason why you might start seeing more numbers at DB versus what you've seen in the future is because of special teams ... we were such dog shit on the last year that I don't think it's a coincidence that you've seen higher LB numbers (combined with need) and that you'll continue to see strong DB numbers.

Also keep in mind that all the guys from the 2018 class that are RS Frosh are also just a year away from being eligible to leave like Byron Murphy was.

It's a position that for a number of reasons it makes sense for us to be properly stocked at going forward.
    Domicillo said:

I would not be surprised if Jimmy has a clause in his contract that he gets at least 4 DB scholarships per year. At the rate he turns out pros and the generally positive turnover rate, the thing that can hurt his future earnings the most is if they let his position group lack resources he needs.

I don't think Lake is going to force a 4th scholarship though. His numbers will look better if he has more Byron Murphys than he does Jordan Millers.
    Tequilla said:

Another reason why you might start seeing more numbers at DB versus what you've seen in the future is because of special teams ... we were such dog shit on the last year that I don't think it's a coincidence that you've seen higher LB numbers (combined with need) and that you'll continue to see strong DB numbers.

Also keep in mind that all the guys from the 2018 class that are RS Frosh are also just a year away from being eligible to leave like Byron Murphy was.

It's a position that for a number of reasons it makes sense for us to be properly stocked at going forward.

Very true. If Kyler Gordon ends up starting the next 2 years with his agility and explosion numbers, he could easily enter in 2 years.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Domicillo said:

I don't think Lake is going to force a 4th scholarship though. His numbers will look better if he has more Byron Murphys than he does Jordan Millers.
    He’s not forcing a fourth imo. He’d be pushing it with only taking three in any year moving forward. We play 5-6 DBs on nearly every snap, his DBs play early because of how much we rely on DBs and LBs for special teams and so far at least one DB in every class has been a three and done kid. That’s only going to become a larger percentage every year.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

“My visits to Washington and Cal were both really good,” Jackson said. “They’re both great schools with great football programs and coaching staffs. Oregon State and Utah are the two other schools that I like a lot and both are coming pretty hard for me.

“As far as a timeframe for making a decision, I really don’t have one right now. I definitely don’t want to rush anything so I haven’t decided if I’ll make a summer commitment or play things out in the fall. I’m still trying to figure all this out and see what visits I plan to take moving forward so we’ll just see what happens.”
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

“My visits to Washington and Cal were both really good,” Jackson said. “They’re both great schools with great football programs and coaching staffs. Oregon State and Utah are the two other schools that I like a lot and both are coming pretty hard for me.

“As far as a timeframe for making a decision, I really don’t have one right now. I definitely don’t want to rush anything so I haven’t decided if I’ll make a summer commitment or play things out in the fall. I’m still trying to figure all this out and see what visits I plan to take moving forward so we’ll just see what happens.”
    We're slow playing him for sure
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Commit to Cal and play for my favorite secondary coach in the conference (yup) so Esteen “can” commit.