Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,062
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jake Haener, who continued to split first team reps with Eason, didn’t have the same luck.

Elijah Molden and Myles Bryant both picked off Haener during his 7-on-7 period. Then, during the final team period, Kyler Gordon brought practice to an end by diving to intercept a tipped Haener pass. Hampton and early enrolee freshman Cameron Williams also nearly intercepted him during team periods.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    For the life of me, I cannot figure out, other than seniority - why Haener is getting reps with the first team...

Haener has only been here a year longer than Sirmon and had the good fortune for the shitty QB we recruited in front of him transfer out, so he was the only fucking option after we had 2 QB transfers. He goes in and tears it the fuck up vs. North Dakota, then shits himself publicly vs. Cal and all of a sudden he's the front runner to pilot a top-10 program??

BASED ON WHAT? Serial position?!?!

The fact that he's good during practice and beat Brownshits out for the job last year, but because we are weird and don't actually have open competitions for QB we didn't let him play vs. Auburn??

He's only been here a year longer than Sirm and Yank (who is struggling). Sirm isn't struggling and has a WAY higher upside than fucking Haener. Get Haener the F out of there.

This is why every fucking shitty player we get on our roster is a threat. We exacerbate our fucking recruiting mistakes by a stubborn inability to admit to ourselves they don't deserve the same reps as talented players do.

What a fucking beta, participation trophy, seniority-based bullshit policy.

Shitty players should not get reps when we have tons of young talent (COUGH::KYLERMANU::COUGH). How many of you guys here think Kyler Manu is actually going to be better than Danny Hammer?

But let's live in fantasy land and pretend that we are making Danny EARN reps and give him, Calvert, JackSirm, Tafisi, etc. all LESS reps so that the fucking weed dealer on our team can enjoy his place with the ones because of seniority.

The only player I can remember being pushed to the head of the line when he wasn't ready is Jake. Ugh.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

For the life of me, I cannot figure out, other than seniority - why Haener is getting reps with the first team...

Haener has only been here a year longer than Sirmon and had the good fortune for the shitty QB we recruited in front of him transfer out, so he was the only fucking option after we had 2 QB transfers. He goes in and tears it the fuck up vs. North Dakota, then shits himself publicly vs. Cal and all of a sudden he's the front runner to pilot a top-10 program??

The fact that he's good during practice and beat Brownshits out for the job last year, but because we are weird and don't actually have open competitions for QB we didn't let him play vs. Auburn??

He's only been here a year longer than Sirm and Yank (who is struggling). Sirm isn't struggling and has a WAY higher upside than fucking Haener. Get Haener the F out of there.

This is why every fucking shitty player we get on our roster is a threat. We exacerbate our fucking recruiting mistakes by a stubborn inability to admit to ourselves they don't deserve the same reps as talented players do.

Shitty players should not get reps when we have tons of young talent (COUGH::KYLERMANU::COUGH). How many of you guys here think Kyler Manu is actually going to be better than Danny Hammer?

But let's live in fantasy land and pretend that we are making Danny EARN reps and give him, Calvert, JackSirm, Tafisi, etc. all LESS reps so that the fucking weed dealer on our team can enjoy his place with the ones because of seniority.

The only player I can remember being pushed to the head of the line when he wasn't ready is Jake. Ugh.

Sark knows Eason can let it rip.

Wouldn't even be a question

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,434
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Probably because it's a good idea to use the spring ball to build depth in case there are injuries (like what happened to Eason in both years at Georgia).
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam

If we're prepping a backup for the inevitable Eason injury, I'd like to see Sirmon get some snaps with the 1s. Enough fucking around.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Probably because it's a good idea to use the spring ball to build depth in case there are injuries (like what happened to Eason in both years at Georgia).
    Stop being rational and get fucking agro like @Dennis_DeYoung . It's more entertaining.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

THAT IS MY FUCKING POINT YOU MORON.

Give the reps to someone who might come in a game and not throw the winning TD to the other team: Sirmon.

The idea that Haener is somehow seriously ahead of Sirmon is fucking farcical and you morons are all clowns for buying into it.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    Founders Club

Give the reps to someone who might come in a game and not throw the winning TD to the other team: Sirmon.

The idea that Haener is somehow seriously ahead of Sirmon is fucking farcical and you morons are all clowns for buying into it.
    You're basing this on what? That Haener is 6' tall and Sirmon is 6'5?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jesus Christ you fuckheads are fucking stupid. How fucking retarded can anyone be? This guy is a regular dawgman poster so that says a lot, but this post really says it all anyway.

WHAT ARE YOU BASING THE FACT THAT HANER IS BETTER ON??

That he's been in the system a year longer and shit the bed in his moment of glory???

Holy fucking Christ. HAENER PLAYED LAST YEAR BECAUSE WE HAD NO ONE ELSE.

Sirmon was a fucking true freshman and Eason wasn't eligible.

Also - my dudes at Practice say it's not close between Sirmon and Haener. So fuck you. And my dudes are guaranteed better than yours you fucking fuckwit.

God - everyone here who doesn't inherently understand why Sirmon should be getting more reps than Haener should not be allowed to root for anyone but PLU.

Yeah, sure Haener is fucking great. Big time player. Huge time.

Fuck you you brain dead monkey.
    My comment agreed with you and yet you gave me a WTF. I'm hurt.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

Jesus Christ you fuckheads are fucking stupid. How fucking retarded can anyone be? This guy is a regular dawgman poster so that says a lot, but this post really says it all anyway.

That he's been in the system a year longer and shit the bed in his moment of glory???

Also - my dudes at Practice say it's not close between Sirmon and Haener. So fuck you. And my dudes are guaranteed better than yours you fucking fuckwit.

God - everyone here who doesn't inherently understand why Sirmon should be getting more reps than Haener should not be allowed to root for anyone but PLU.

My comment agreed with you and yet you gave me a WTF. I'm hurt.
    Imagine caring about this
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    Founders Club

I'm not saying Haener is better. If your dudes at practice say it's not close between Haener and Sirmon, then by all means, I agree with you. I was trying to understand where you were coming from. I tend to lean towards trusting the coaches since they know a lot more than us idiots. Sirmon clearly has more physical talent, but that's only half the battle.

I'm not going to fault Haener for the Cal pick. I was there and it was a shitty situation all around. There's no saying that Sirmon, Browning, or anyone else wouldn't have done the same thing. QBs throw picks. Sometimes them's the breaks. That was one play. Using that as justification for him sucking is beyond dramatic.

Also, it's Spring and they're giving reps to the guy with experience. I also hope as time goes along that Sirmon wins the backup job.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's spring...Now if Haener get's those reps in fall. That's another story.