Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fire all the offensive coaches - Now!!!

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,973
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
So we've had 8 x 1st and 2nd round picks the past 4 years on Defense and just 2 on offense. Send them all to Siberia already.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Sucks, Trey should have been gone this year. Poor kid, he was going to be speshual
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Sucks, Trey should have been gone this year. Poor kid, he was going to be speshual

He could still be a second round pick. Mike Tyson fought with a broken back.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,121
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

It’s spinal!!!
  • Options

So chiropractor fixes that too?
  • Options
    edited April 2019

If Trey had just been going to a chiropractor regularly he probably never would have had that back injury.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If Trey had just been going to a chiropractor regularly he probably never would have had that back injury.
    Also, if he had gone to a fucking horse veterenarian and they had taken him out back and shot him with a boltgun, he also wouldn't have had that back injury. I'm still glad he didn't.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Also, if he had gone to a fucking horse veterenarian and they had taken him out back and shot him with a boltgun, he also wouldn't have had that back injury. I'm still glad he didn't.
    I don't understand the disrespect and mockery towards chiropractic work. Just makes you look like an ignorant, pompous dumb ass who has no idea what he's talking about but thinks he's some know-it-all.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I don't understand the disrespect and mockery towards chiropractic work. Just makes you look like an ignorant, pompous dumb ass who has no idea what he's talking about but thinks he's some know-it-all.
    Actually agree with SAC here. I have been to chiropractors numerous times over the years and they always fixed me up. Every single time.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Actually agree with SAC here. I have been to chiropractors numerous times over the years and they always fixed me up. Every single time.
    I would not call a tranny hooker that gave you a happy ending a chiropractor, but won’t disagree that she always fixes you up ;)
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,273
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    [There is now a lot of evidence showing that more than half of all patients suffer mild to moderate adverse effects after seeing a chiropractor. These are mostly local and referred pains that usually last for two to three days. Chiropractors often claim that these are necessary steps on the road to getting better. On a good day, we might even believe them.

But unfortunately there is more, much more. Several hundred cases have been documented in which patients were seriously and often permanently damaged after chiropractic manipulations. The latest to hit the headlines was that of a 32-year-old woman from Jakarta who died after being treated by an American chiropractor. What usually happens in these tragic instances is that, upon manipulation of the upper spine, an artery supplying the brain is over-stretched and simply breaks up, leading to a stroke which can prove fatal.

Chiropractors do not like to hear any of this, and either claim that these are extremely rare events, or deny any connection with their manipulations. Regrettably, the hard evidence is not as solid as one would wish. In conventional medicine we have effective systems to monitor adverse effects of all interventions — not so in alternative medicine. Therefore, the true frequency of such tragedies is anyone’s guess. About 30 deaths after chiropractic have been documented in medical literature, but they are probably just the tip of a much bigger iceberg. We have shown, for instance, that in the UK the under-reporting of such instances is very close to 100 per cent.

All clinicians, alternative or conventional, must obtain informed consent from patients before starting a therapy. This ethical imperative means chiropractors must tell their patients firstly about the very limited evidence that spinal manipulations are effective; secondly, about the possibility of causing serious harm; and thirdly about other treatments which might be better. But who would give their consent, knowing all this? The way many chiropractors solve this dilemma is simple: they ignore the ethical imperative by treating patients without informed consent. There is evidence to suggest that ‘only 23 per cent [of UK chiropractors] report always discussing serious risk’.

How can this be? Chiropractic is a respected and well-established profession, you might think. True, in the UK, chiropractors have been regulated for many years by statute and have their own Royal College and General Chiropractic Council. But in July 2014, the Professional Standards Authority conducted an audit of the GCC and concluded that although the GCC’s operation of its processes had not created risks to public safety, ‘the extent of the deficiencies we found… raises concern about the extent to which the public can have confidence in the GCC’s operation…’

I have often said that the even the best regulation of nonsense must result in nonsense. The PSA’s verdict seems to support my view. As long as serious doubts about the value and integrity of chiropractic exist, we should remember an important foundation of health care: the precautionary principle. It compels us to use, whenever possible, only those therapies which demonstrably generate more good than harm. A critical analysis of the evidence shows that chiropractic does not belong to this category.]

TLDR Trey might have ended up never playing football again with regular chiropractic treatment.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Did you get the internal adjustment?
  • Options
    edited April 2019

[There is now a lot of evidence showing that more than half of all patients suffer mild to moderate adverse effects after seeing a chiropractor. These are mostly local and referred pains that usually last for two to three days. Chiropractors often claim that these are necessary steps on the road to getting better. On a good day, we might even believe them.

But unfortunately there is more, much more. Several hundred cases have been documented in which patients were seriously and often permanently damaged after chiropractic manipulations. The latest to hit the headlines was that of a 32-year-old woman from Jakarta who died after being treated by an American chiropractor. What usually happens in these tragic instances is that, upon manipulation of the upper spine, an artery supplying the brain is over-stretched and simply breaks up, leading to a stroke which can prove fatal.

Chiropractors do not like to hear any of this, and either claim that these are extremely rare events, or deny any connection with their manipulations. Regrettably, the hard evidence is not as solid as one would wish. In conventional medicine we have effective systems to monitor adverse effects of all interventions — not so in alternative medicine. Therefore, the true frequency of such tragedies is anyone’s guess. About 30 deaths after chiropractic have been documented in medical literature, but they are probably just the tip of a much bigger iceberg. We have shown, for instance, that in the UK the under-reporting of such instances is very close to 100 per cent.

All clinicians, alternative or conventional, must obtain informed consent from patients before starting a therapy. This ethical imperative means chiropractors must tell their patients firstly about the very limited evidence that spinal manipulations are effective; secondly, about the possibility of causing serious harm; and thirdly about other treatments which might be better. But who would give their consent, knowing all this? The way many chiropractors solve this dilemma is simple: they ignore the ethical imperative by treating patients without informed consent. There is evidence to suggest that ‘only 23 per cent [of UK chiropractors] report always discussing serious risk’.

How can this be? Chiropractic is a respected and well-established profession, you might think. True, in the UK, chiropractors have been regulated for many years by statute and have their own Royal College and General Chiropractic Council. But in July 2014, the Professional Standards Authority conducted an audit of the GCC and concluded that although the GCC’s operation of its processes had not created risks to public safety, ‘the extent of the deficiencies we found… raises concern about the extent to which the public can have confidence in the GCC’s operation…’

I have often said that the even the best regulation of nonsense must result in nonsense. The PSA’s verdict seems to support my view. As long as serious doubts about the value and integrity of chiropractic exist, we should remember an important foundation of health care: the precautionary principle. It compels us to use, whenever possible, only those therapies which demonstrably generate more good than harm. A critical analysis of the evidence shows that chiropractic does not belong to this category.]

TLDR Trey might have ended up never playing football again with regular chiropractic treatment.

Lol you want to compare one tragic freak accident of a woman dying after a chiropractic adjustment to the thousands of people who have died from anesthesia, physician error, surgeon error, and malpractice? Plus the deaths of people from opiod addiction post-surgery? More people die in a year from Western medicine than have ever died from chiropractic adjustments and it's not even close. But this is what they want. They want you to fear natural ways of healing yourself. They want you to go get sliced open by a surgeon who could do irreparable damage to your spine instead of going to a chiropractor. But sure to tell this kid he should have gone and gotten sliced open by a "real doctor" instead of having his severely fucked up back healed and pain relieved in a matter of 10 days by a chiropractor.

https://youtu.be/YpNcnM0FkTM
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Swaye said:

And you always have to keep going

That's not an accident
    Yes, people with weak back muscles and a weak core who have back problems have to keep going back because their muscles are not strong enough to pull their spine back into alignment. At the same time, even if you have a strong back and core, lifting heavy weight can compress or misalign your spine as well which is why a lot of pro bodybuilders and football players get chiropractic work done on a regular basis. It has nothing to do with chiropractors scamming people. A lot of people are just weak as fuck (especially women who don't work out) and their body can't properly support their spine.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,973
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

That's not an accident
    Yes, people with weak back muscles and a weak core who have back problems have to keep going back because their muscles are not strong enough to pull their spine back into alignment. At the same time, even if you have a strong back and core, lifting heavy weight can compress or misalign your spine as well which is why a lot of pro bodybuilders and football players get chiropractic work done on a regular basis.
    The guy with the most fucked up back on my rowboat team ended up being a chiropractor.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Swaye said:

That's not an accident
    Yes, people with weak back muscles and a weak core who have back problems have to keep going back because their muscles are not strong enough to pull their spine back into alignment. At the same time, even if you have a strong back and core, lifting heavy weight can compress or misalign your spine as well which is why a lot of pro bodybuilders and football players get chiropractic work done on a regular basis.
    The guy with the most fucked up back on my rowboat team ended up being a chiropractor.
    Great anecdotal evidence of one guy out of billions of people. Thank you for that riveting and compelling information. That's like saying, my friend who died of heart disease was a doctor. All doctors must be quacks then. Nobody is immune to anything because of their profession or knowledge. Plus, rowing is gay.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Swaye said:

That's not an accident
    Great anecdotal evidence of one guy out of billions of people. Thank you for that riveting and compelling information.
    You literally cited several anecdotes as your own supporting evidence.
    No I didn't. Those are all facts. You can look up how many people die from Western medicine errors and malpractice. It's way, way more than deaths from chiropractic adjustments. Just crazy nurses murdering people in hospitals has caused more deaths than people dying from chiropractic adjustments, which is extremely rare. I'm not gonna do your research for you.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,273
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lol you want to compare one tragic freak accident of a woman dying after a chiropractic adjustment to the thousands of people who have died from anesthesia, physician error, surgeon error, and malpractice? Plus the deaths of people from opiod addiction post-surgery? More people die in a year from Western medicine than have ever died from chiropractic adjustments and it's not even close. But this is what they want. They want you to fear natural ways of healing yourself. They want you to go get sliced open by a surgeon who could do irreparable damage to your spine instead of going to a chiropractor. But sure to tell this kid he should have gone and gotten sliced open by a "real doctor" instead of having his severely fucked up back healed and pain relieved in a matter of 10 days by a chiropractor.

https://youtu.be/YpNcnM0FkTM
    Literal anecdote.

Swaye said:

That's not an accident
    Great anecdotal evidence of one guy out of billions of people. Thank you for that riveting and compelling information.
    You literally cited several anecdotes as your own supporting evidence.
    No I didn't. Those are all facts. You can look up how many people die from Western medicine errors and malpractice. It's way, way more than deaths from chiropractic adjustments. Just crazy nurses murdering people in hospitals has caused more deaths than people dying from chiropractic adjustments, which is extremely rare. I'm not gonna do your research for you.
    The article I cited talks about how under reporting happens with chiropractic care because of the fact that it isn't as closely regulated as "western medicine".

Snake venom is also all natural. I'll send you some if you want to try it.